The first Sneak Peek has been released!

image.jpg

I think this is a great start!

Zpsid91

Re: Ipsy August 2014

Well I got the same thing - ha

notcreative

I thought your box sounded like mine from the pm you sent me. Now, I see we got the exact same box.  From the options they showed, I have to say I am quite happy.  This may be one of the better boxes.

000BeautyGal000

(0) Hearts

This will be my second month at ipsy. I am thinking about unsubscribing. I get glossybox already and love love it. Any suggestions on other great boxes?

MarciaBrady

I'm on the brink, too. I agree that Glossybox is the way to go. I've seen what people have been getting in the Sample Society one, and it looks enticing, too.

000BeautyGal000

(0) Hearts

Yup, my friend left ipsy for sample society! I'm hoping for better luck with ipsy

CuriousCannibal

I absolutely love glossy box! I would suggest lip factory- IF you're into lip products, because that's what you'll get a lot of. I've been getting them for 3 or 4 months now, I think, and last month's box was the only one I didn't care for.

notcreative

I am still mad at Glossybox, but I agree the boxes are fabulous.

Have you ever subscribed to Birchbox?  It is my fave.  For the same $10 I pay Ipsy, I typically get better stuff.  Since the revamp, I like that I get to pick a sample each month or pick the every girl box (assuming I am fast enough and like enough of the samples).  Then, I know all of the items I will get.  Birchbox always has a nice mix of products too.  The peel I got in the last box is amazing!

000BeautyGal000

(0) Hearts

will consider birchbox, are the samples the same size as ipsy? 

kittichick

They're usually deluxe sample sizes. Full sizes are less common than with Ipsy, but I think you get a better quality of product, in general.

They are also well-rounded. Just about every box includes one each of makeup, hair care, skin care, and body, with a fifth item (an extra in one of those groups or a "lifestyle" item.)

Personally, I love Birchbox. You aren't going to love every single item in every single box. That's just not gonna happen since we all like different things. But for $10 a month, it's a lot of fun and I've found quite a few products that I love.

gingaaa

I finally ditched Ipsy, something I never thought I would do, and signed up for Allure's Sample Society.  They revamped their box last month and it's really, really good (price $15).  Last month, among my favorites were a Laura Mercier highlighter and Butter polish.  This month, Too Faced Melted lipstick and Ciate polish.  Same premise, around 5 samples each month, just higher quality.   

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Now, they just need to get better at putting all of the samples in the box.  I received the box one sample short two months in a row, so I was so happy when I got all of the items in the most recent box.  I was hopeful that the revamp would also bring fully packed boxes.  On Facebook yesterday, I read the LM highlighter was missing from a bunch of boxes!  Why are they the only box that seems to happen with?  Is it really that hard to put the right samples in the box.  On each of the two months they forgot an item of mine, they replaced it.  Apparently, they were so short on LM highlighters that no one got a replacement.  People who complained were given a $3 credit.  I pay $16.22 for my box, so I would have been mad with a $3 credit.  It better at least be $3.24 (1/5 what I paid).  Yes, if they short me again, I will argue for the $0.24.  It is principle, right!

CuriousCannibal

I think you just convinced me to switch over to Sample Society. 

MsGoosie

Aaaaaand you may have just converted me to Sample Society. I definitely have to check them out.

kittichick

I think that they knew they were losing people and have decided to step it up. Because this is a huuuge improvement over my first two months (this is my fourth.) 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

The box right before that one (which we got the same items in) was the biggest downer.  I still cannot get over 4 facial moisturizers (well three in the first box and four in the replacement) and 2 perfumes.  

MsGoosie

(0) Hearts

I was looking into Sample Society that month, and the selection totally turned me off. But I think kittichick might be right -- it looks like they've really stepped it up in the past couple months, so who knows?

weeeeweeeeeee

They were afraid that your skin is overly dry and you smell plain??

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Right on both counts, actually.  My skin is overly dry (in most places anyway), and I rarely wear perfume.  I still cannot use more than 1-2 moisturizers at a time, because my skin pays the price when I do.  I sprayed each perfume once to test it, but it will be a long time before I get to any of the four moisturizers.  I just have too many and quite a few open at the moment.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Use some for your neck and chest and back of our hand?

notcreative

(0) Hearts

And, my elbows, feet, knees, etc.  No joke.  I saw Jennifer Anniston using expensive facial creams on her body in one movie after watching her go from counter to counter getting free samples.  Then, she stole a full size one from someone.  I remember thinking she was nuts.  I have so much that I may start repurposing the ones I do not like on my face.  I will have the youngest looking elbows around.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Well wrinkled elbows are not attractive.....

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 145 replies
  • 50 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • malday
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • jenfromnyc
    • dolceloure
    • gingaaa
    • divagirl90