Haul

bananachoox3

Haul

I love love watching/hearing about hauls. I'm interested in what people got and what they recommend. I went to Sephora today, and went out with an empty wallet. lol. I manly went to get skincare products:

Korres Milk Protein Cleanser

Korres Wild Rose Daily Brightening Refining Buff Cleanser

Boscia Bright White Mask

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Reflief

Givenchy Mister Mat

Samples:

Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment

Fresh Face Polish

What did you all get recently?

oopz

Re: Haul

(0) Hearts

what did u use on your brow ? :smileyhappy: It looks good :smileyhappy:

lylysa

When I see people who walk around with drawn on, pencil thin lines for brows I just want to walk up, lick my finger and smudge them right in the center and make a unibrow! >.< It's so awful!!! Unless it's meant to add to an avant garde look or if someone is just super alternative, it just doesn't work. I especially don't understand it when the rest of someone's make up is flawless and to perfection, then the brows just make everything sad.

I've worked with clients who've had thinning brows, lost their brows due to chemo, and problems with illness/genetic matters, and even they don't feel the need to have a thin line over each eye!

violalea

your so funny lylysa :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Seriously, though! I've also worked with older clients who come in with sparse brows looking to make them fuller looking and then telling me "I wish I didn't go pluck crazy when I was young!"

I wanted to document those women to show to the younger girls who virtually remove every bit of brow on their faces!

lylysa

Oooo lah lah!!!!!

keelybt

@MoreGun89 Oh that looks great!  You have really nice brows :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

@MoreGun89, how's Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm? Is it worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? (ok, maybe not that expensive). I'm using Fresh Sugar, rosebud salve, and TokyoMilk Dark lipbalm, but I have been eyeing that for a while.....

MoreGun89

@BT Tried the fresh thing of the Dior lip balm not 10 minutes ago.  Digging into the new balm was an exquisite feeling, like poking memory foam.  It went on very smoothly, it has a very shiny look, and it seals moisture very well, lips do look only very slightly more plump which is perfect!  I love the smell, but my gripe about the smell is that it is very strong, I could smell it from the box that it came in (the product box) when it was held away from my nose, and I wouldn't recommend tasting it on your lips, the breath in is a touch soapy if you're not careful.  This is very unusual for me to say, but I think once I've finished my Omorovicza balm I will be dumping it for this one O.O

ChicDabbler

Oohh, now Dior lip balm is on my wishlist. Now that I think about it....it actually worked out to be cheaper than Fresh Sugar, but it have mineral oil in it.....but it also have retinyl palmitate....ok, now it's on my sample list for next trip to store.

MoreGun89

Awesome!  Goes on nicely, the smell is perfect, it seriously makes lips feel like rose petals ^.^  I need to try it for a few days once I receive it to give you anything more than that.  

I have been using the Omorovicza Lip Perfector (got it with my "pengo points" on their site a long while back) so I was considering a less expensive alternative for that, while I like that balm a lot, I have a difficult time justifying the purchase when Sugar is just as good if not a little more greasy.

How do you like the TokyoMilk Dark lipbalm? :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

It's very thick much thicker than rose salve. I have braces so no caramel for me. I decided to get the salted caramel flavor as a pity gift for myself. It's thick and sticky, but I think the sticky part is specific to the salted caramel flavor since Lylysal have a different flavor that isn't sticky. It doesn't have any weird taste and it's great as overnight treatment (no worries about it disappearing even in super low humidity). But during the day time, I think I like something a bit more emollient like rose salve or fresh sugar.

lylysa

I'm wearing the La Vie En Rose TMD Lip Elixir right now! Love it!!!!

Mine isn't sticky at all, when I first got it I debated between the rose and caramel one, got the rose instead because I figured if the caramel smelled too good I would just keep licking my lips!

ChicDabbler

Yay SK-II and Fresh!

Hahaha, by BT I'm assuming you meant me. I have considered signing myself as BeautyTester, but then it's the same initial as BeautyTalk (would be even funnier if I named myself Beautytalk back when I was making names).

I'm planning to buy SK-II next time 20% off comes around. I kind of want Fresh Rose mask because it feels so good, but I'm pretty sure the effect is temporary and I'm not sure if I want to spend $55 for it, especially now when my skin is at a standstill, refusing to absorb anything (yes I do exfoliate).

I am very curious about Kate Somerville Scar Diminishing serum, especially since I've got two big raised scar bumps on my neck/knee from burn/stabbed by scissor when I was little, but not sure if it's effective for body or really old scars....

MoreGun89

OMG I love Fresh's masks!  I don't have any of the actual product, but I do enjoy getting their samples to have on the road!  I kinda like the black tea one best between the two, but the rose is lovely!   And I'll keep you posted on what I think of the SK-II stuff, did you get to try your samples yet?

ChicDabbler

Not yet, they are sooo tiny they won't last more than 2-3 applications, at most. Since my skin is not absorbing things well, I'm gonna do a hydrating mask first (debating between L'occitane immortelle overnight one or the AmorePacific rinse off one).

I'm waiting for the opportune moment, you know, the day when the cloud breaks apart, flowers bloom, light shines through (angels and birds optional) with Cate Blanchett smiling down at me and...oh wait, or was that suppose to happen after I try the SK-II product?

lylysa

You're going to love the Living Proof line!!! I used the No Frizz shampoo/conditioner because I had a sample and I noticed a huge difference. Even though frizz is not an issue I have, I noticed how much smoother in general my hair is and I know the smoothing/manageability aspect runs across the board in their products!

MoreGun89

Good to hear!  I definitely want to switch to the line, mostly due to the fact that the shampoos don't have sulfates :smileytongue: I'm currently using Redken's Body Full which does a fantastic job, and I want to see how Living Proof stacks up to it and if I like the smell :smileytongue:  So far all reviews on it (99% of them) seem to be very positive.  So I'm pretty sure you're right :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

Just did a mini haul:

-Issey Miyake Florale Perfume

-Ole Heriksen's Enlighten Me Kit

-Laura Mercier Sparklink Pink Lipstick

Broke them down to two separate transactions so I got two 100 point perks which I cashed in for the Ole Heriksen Truth Serum, got my samples (of course), and two of the mini fragrance baggies!

bananachoox3

Ohhh which two baggies did you get?

lylysa

I got the Addictive and Casual!

I'm a fan of V&R's Flowerbomb and Givenchy's Ange Ou Demon Le Secret (regular one), and the Casual kit comes with the Elixir version so I wanted to try it!

My friend is a perfume fiend and loves new fragrances, so I'll probably give a nice sized chunk of the baggies and even the perfume samples I got to her, not to mention it's her birthday soon, so yay for birthday goodies!

bananachoox3

I won't be getting anything anytime soon because of my last haul. Butttt if Sephora offers goodies for Valentine's day I wouldn't mind checking them out. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 582 replies
  • 865 hearts
  • 77 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • AmyC
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • highfasionmodel