bananachoox3

Haul

I love love watching/hearing about hauls. I'm interested in what people got and what they recommend. I went to Sephora today, and went out with an empty wallet. lol. I manly went to get skincare products:

Korres Milk Protein Cleanser

Korres Wild Rose Daily Brightening Refining Buff Cleanser

Boscia Bright White Mask

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Reflief

Givenchy Mister Mat

Samples:

Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment

Fresh Face Polish

What did you all get recently?

Spyski

Re: Haul

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm hooked on it just yet. It takes forever and a decade to apply but the stay and pigment is very nice! The shade pictured is "grandma".

desertbr4t

image.jpgRecent haul 

violalea

(0) Hearts

Wow! You must have placed 3 orders in order to get 3 deluxe samples :smileyhappy:

Yeah I got the Caudalie deluxe face cream with one of my order before. And my last week order I chose the AmorePacific deluxe sample. I will post the photos here later. 

What did you get for the 3 samples? I got the Korres and Ole Henrikson and Quidad. 

Waiting for a good promo now to place my new order for a moisturizer :smileyhappy:

prettypeacok

(0) Hearts

Thats great !!!!! So I can see you got the Caudalie and Nude as deluxe samples and Pantone eyeliner as 100 point  perk? Stilla as 500 point perks? And you purchased the rest? I am curious what is the one between 2 Jasmine products? And what is the one in the white tube between Nars and Pantone eyeliner? Haha sorry. I am get excited when I see hauls photos.

desertbr4t

(0) Hearts

I think i also bought two of the baked metallic sephora eyeshadows but forgot to add them to the pic cuz I tore them I open to swatch them Lol.  I have four of those now I love those. 

desertbr4t

(0) Hearts

Between the Jasmine's is aromachology rollerball in clean & fresh and totally edible. (I didn't like it) and the white tube is Dior Maximizer base mascara lash primer. stila was from vibstila3 code I believe. They were separate purchases all in about a week. I'm terrible. I went to the store just to get the mirror, ended up swatching1 the sephora eyeshadows and getting fireworks not pictured.  8D 

rawrxjasmine

I have been buying so much lately! I think it's because I was  saving money for a vacation, but It got canceled. Now I'm like "Yeah! Shopping spree!"

Sephora:

-OCC Lip Tar in Anime

-Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

Amazon:

-Real Techniques Core Collection Set (makeup brushes)

-Real Techniques Blush Brush

-Real Techniques Powder Brush

-Real Techniques Shading Brush

-Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette

Sephora ROUND 2!:

-Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing color 01 Light

-Benefit Cosmetics Coral My World!

-SEPHORA COLLECTION Outrageous Volume Mascara

-Sephora+ Pantone Lip Luster Lipstick in Cayenne

I'm sure there will be plenty more to come! ( :

drrragon

[ Edited ]

So I went on kind of a crazy spending spree lately.  It's crazy relative to the virtual lockdown I've been in since Jan this year so don't get your hopes up, but it's been a long time since I let myself just randomly buy stuff and it felt really nice!

From Target:

--  e.l.f. flat-top powder brush -- I was gonna spring for the Bare Minerals one, but people seemed to like the elf and I've been on a drugstore makeup kick this year anyway, so I'm glad to have it

-- Maybelline Rocket Volume Express Mascara -- again with the drugstore theme, people seem to like this one and I was really disappointed with the Falsies one which flaked like crazy

-- L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara -- more drugstore stuff; been dying to try the tubes mascara and have Blinc and FairyDrops and Clinique in my shopping list, but ... more drugstore makeup yeah!!!

Sephora:

-- Hourglass Ambient powder in Diffused .... FINALLY!!  YAY!!! WOOOOO!

-- Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta peel pads 5 count

-- Origins Charcoal Mask travel size -- this stuck in my mind and a lightbulb went off when I saw it because beautytester has recommended it so often on BT!  so i thought, I'm still trying to control my clogged pores so what the hey, give this a try

-- a bunch of like totally awesome discounted stuff!!!

-- Sephora Pro eye brushes - backup for my bent liner brush, small (like tiny) flat shadow brush, small gel liner brush

-- Sephora eyeshadow duos ($5 ea what's not to like???)-- just for fun, to try a few new looks

-- Sephora eyeshadow single Retrochic in old formula that I've been dyyyyyyying to have, but I thought it ony came in a set!

100pt perks: Porefessional, more Dr D Gross pads, Pantone green eyeliner

um.....so this was all purchased over 3 different trips to different Sephoras plus an online order....

bananachoox3

I love the elf brush! Super soft and for 3 bucks? 

YAY how you liking Diffused? I have that on my shopping list and as well as moon light! I'm still loving Dim!

Hopefully the rocket mascara doesnt disappoint you, I love that mascara. Doesn't flake, adds volume, and it doesnt clump.

drrragon

@bananachoox3  cool you have that brush too?  it's my first ever elf item!  i actually wanted to try the HD powder too since i've heard good things, but decided to hold off for now since I have a bunch of MUFE samples to work through.

LOL when I finally got to swatch the Hourglass powders I remembered your glowing reviews!  I was afraid Dim would add to much pink on my face for an all-over color so went with Diffused.  I swatched it at the Sephora I visited during a work trip, couldn't stop thinking about it, and placed an online order yesterday....so it's still on its way.

bananachoox3

LOL yes, I'm pretty sure that ELF brush was my first elf purchase! That seems so long ago. Their eyebrow powder is pretty good for the price and yes their HD powder can be compare to the MUFE HD powder, except way cheaper. 

I noticed today that the bump in the compact is no longer there! I use this stuff everday. I don't ever want to run out of it. 

drrragon

wow, i mean, that's a pretty big bump.....hahaha

ChicDabbler

Aww, now I'm shy. It does soften and brings the stuff to surface, so you might not like it after first use, but you should see effect after 1-2 weeks. Hopefully it will give you as good result as it did for me.

How is the ELF flat top brush? I've been meaning to get a flat top since my last/first one  got green/rust thing inside (it's dense and hard to clean). Is it soft/good for buffing?

drrragon

[ Edited ]

@beautytester haha don't be shy.  i've gotten so many good product recommendations from you guys that I'll never work through my shopping list now!  Looking forward to trying out the mask.

edit to add: hey, i've had the origins Drink Up moisture mask lying around for a while (like ... a year!) .  does it make sense to do two masks, like the charcoal mask first, then the moisture mask after?  I'm just worried about the charcoal drying out or irritating my skin...

the ELF is really nice!  it's made of soft taklon hairs and it's great for buffing on powder foundation, with just the right amount of density towards the center of the brush for buffing, but enough flexibility in the outer parts for gentle blending or dusting.  the flat top of the brush is maybe 2" wide.  I was using the ecotools flat top brush before which while even softer, was a bit too densely packed with the width of the brush at the flat top only about 1" wide, which made powder foundation application a bit slow.  Anyways I'm still going to use them both, it's just nice to have a couple of brushes to switch between.

20130310_203334.jpg

ChicDabbler

Hmm, dense one don't dry out as fast, which is the reason why I think my prev brush was ruined. I think I will pick up the ELF one next time I see it.

Unless you have dry/sensitive skin, Charcoal should be fine. The reason why I recommend it is because it is much less drying than other mud/clay masks like Murad Clarifying but still effective. The only thing I do differently on days I use Charcoal is use a bit extra moisturizer. But if you are afraid of it being a bit dry, Origins Drink Up should be fine since they are the same brand and do not seem to interfere/overlap with each other.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Yeah, the not drying fast was another reason I was on the prowl for a new brush.  Last week I took the ecotools with me on my trip, washed the brush one night, and in the morning it was still damp!  grrrrrr.

Thanks for the mask tips!  I was also contemplating clay masks but from what you said I'm glad I started with charcoal.

prettypeacok

[ Edited ]

I cant wait till the 20% off so I could go shopping with my friend :smileyhappy: I have a super long list :smileyhappy:  :smileyhappy:

Love everyone's hauls in here :smileyhappy:

urbandecay93

Let's just say, I've been going crazy at Sephora for the past month..I got:

-65 (yikes..lol) of the Sephora single shadows that are being discontinued since the new ones came out

-Princess Jasmine storylook palette

-Princess Jasmine eyeshadow quad

-Mini size Glamglow

-Sephora atomic mascara

-3 Illamasqua polishes

-6 of the new Sephora reformulated shadows

-Too Faced Primed & Poreless to go kit

-Buxom Fully Loaded Lips duo

-6 Sephora eyeshadow duos

Point redemptions:

-Josie Maran Argan Oil

-Sephora Pantone liner

helpful

Recent haul:

-Tarte eyebrow mousse (amazing! )

-Hourglass powder in diffused

-KP Duty, almost time to start showing my arms! 

-Clinique Dramatically Different Gel

-Smashbox photo ready concealer

-Murad spot treatment

-2 Jack Black Lip Balms

I'm definitely not a part of the no buy challenge. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Free stuff don't count for March No-buy challenge. I'm starting the hunt for a gel moisturizer for summer (browsing new products and reading reviews, before I buy). I'm interested in Koh Gen Do stuff but its skincare don't have many reviews on Sephora, so I questioned the Koh Gen Do beauty advisor and they sent me some samples. 2013-03-09 17.19.29.jpg

I asked for the Gommage gel and Moisture Spa Gel. They decide to also throw in some cleansing water wipe stuff. ....................

swfupload_8302717394456519543.jpg

prettypeacok

thats cool beautytester :smileyhappy: free samples awesome !!!!!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 582 replies
  • 865 hearts
  • 77 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • AmyC
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • highfasionmodel