bananachoox3

Haul

I love love watching/hearing about hauls. I'm interested in what people got and what they recommend. I went to Sephora today, and went out with an empty wallet. lol. I manly went to get skincare products:

Korres Milk Protein Cleanser

Korres Wild Rose Daily Brightening Refining Buff Cleanser

Boscia Bright White Mask

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Reflief

Givenchy Mister Mat

Samples:

Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment

Fresh Face Polish

What did you all get recently?

rainbow781

Re: Haul

I absolutely LOVED the serum! I will definitely purchase it.

lylysa

I was looking at the serum (full 1 oz sized) which is $48 and some kits that it's in, and there's a kit for about $22 that has a 0.5 oz serum and little moisturizer, and you could totally get two of those kits for $44 with two serums totalling to the 1 oz but pay a few bucks less while also snagging up moisturizer!

I'm almost out of my serum and after my points perk serums run low that's what I'll probably do since I use the Ole lotion as well!

rainbow781

Thanks, I think I'll try that out!

bananachoox3

I ended up getting two items from Sephora today, Lorac Unzipped palette and the new Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder. While I was looking over Lorac counter, I noticed it was getting empty, appearently Lorac will no longer be sold at Sephora anymore? 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

what?!?! Did a sales associate say that explicitly? Sometimes the counter gets empty if the product is popular and the shipment haven't come yet, or it's getting reformulated/repackaged.

I have a Lorac palette I'm eyeing that I can't buy yet. >.<

bananachoox3

I heard that it is going to Ulta only now? I might be wrong or even the sale girl might not know herself, but she said the ones here won't be sold anymore. Call your local sephora to see!

carolang

This weekend was about getting some of the cult classics plus a few new things...

Nars Lipstick in Schiap (hot pink matte)

Nars The Happening Palette (had to get from Nordstrom - orgasm/laguna + 4 shadows - purple/browns)

MAC 217 brush (blending brush - CRUCIAL!)

MAC Lipstick in Rebel (satin purplely fuschia - amazing for fall/darker skin tones - looked more burgundy on me)

Urban Decay The Glinda Palette

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Mightiest Maraschino (glossy red - great for lipstick-shy)

Benefit They're Real mascara (OMG... what people say is true - amazing)

Dior New Look sample (haven't tried yet)

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst (nice formula but maybe should have gotten a more noticeable color)

Josie Maran Argan Oil (second bottle - love)'

Origins Drink Up 10 minute mask (for use after my Origins clay mask)

Origins Drink Up Intensive overnight mask (this is a THICK mask... the lady at the store tried to convince me not to get it since I do have combo skin... definitely only putting this on my cheeks in the winter)

Origins Checks and Balances (in advance of hopefully getting a clarisonic in the next month or so once my skin isn't crazy from the winter)

Wow sounds like a lot more when I write it out...

But I would highly recommend Nars the Happening if you do not have Orgasm/Laguna yet (unfortunately not at Sephora currently). The Glinda palette is lovely as well. I think my favorite purchase is the Clinique Chubby Stick in Mightiest Maraschino - I think I might have to ask for the grape color for V-Day!

carolang

Whoops, meant Dior Iconic Overcurl (whatever that recent 100 point perk was)

Also got a bareminerals concealer and blush brush. I am a BM junkie but trying to branch out!!

dianabt

I can't wait for my order! I have the new Escada Cherry in the Air mini spray perfume, some new nail stickers in heart shapes, a lush lash mascara and glitter blue eyeliner. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
bananachoox3

I went to try it out today, and boy does it smell good, Its like sweet like the others I tried. I couldn't stop smelling it!

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

Oh tell us how the Cherry in the Air is!

MoreGun89

Hrm, I caved and got:

Tarte Maracuja concealer

eye cream

lip exfoliator

I absolutely LURVE the oil, might as well try the infused stuff!

SK-II Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil (BT, you've made me curious!)

REN Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Oil

Fresh Brown Sugar Bath and Shower Gel

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Plum

Fresh Umbrian Clay Face Treament (for travel)

Fresh Seaberry Body Cream (for winter travel)

Kat Von D lipstick in Rosary (BF was awed by the color, he doesn't comment often on these things!)

Tokyomilk Tainted Love Handcreme (Kept forgetting to restock my handcream after I ran out last time!) 

Living Proof Full Shampoo (2oz, trying for when I run out)

Boscia Tsubaki Oil

Rosebud Salve in a Tube

Add in several random sample things :smileywink:

This is all since the new year....Well, after seeing this conversation I feel slightly better about my spending habits >.> And I am most definitely a sucker for oils, but after dealing with greasy skin, for whatever reason it seems to be the only thing that really works, I'm definitely willing to go with it in that case!  Also, I'm going to try not to buy anything else for at least a little while :smileytongue:  Awesome conversation!

MoreGun89

[ Edited ]

Also, I lied >.> 

Got the Tarte eyebrow mousse (so excited to see what it looks like!)

Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm (friend let me try some, don't think I can live without it now...)

Holographic Sephora makeup bag in macaroon to replace my decade+? old, horribly abused Jafra one

I split my order so I could see what perk goodies they come up with tomorrow :smileyvery-happy:

So in the next mini haul there will be 

Lancome Subtil Blush in Miel Glace

Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Lolita

Tarte Maracuja Concealer in a slightly darker shade for the coming summer (LOVED it when I put it on ^.^)

After that I seriously need to be done for a little while -_-

rosefilou

I have the Tarte eyebrow mousse as well, it's pretty good! Not really meant for detail but more of an all over filler. I find I still need a eyebrow pencil to get into the gaps. And I want the holographic makeup bag!! But which one..

How's the Tarte concealer/oil? Are they worth it? I recently bought the Quercetin Korres concealer and it's really nice, smooth and mousse-like. Trying to stick to the more "natural" lines.

Tell me more about the cleansing oils!

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

In order:

I'm excited to try the mousse!  While my eyebrows aren't terribly sparse, the hairs are very fine and I'd like a bit more definition, I've tried powders and I'm a little clumsy with the application and of course the powder gets everywhere, the pencils are nice, but time consuming.  So, here's to hoping this works ^.^

I got the makeup bag that has the flat base and top with the rounded zipper area.  I travel a lot and only carry my overnight bag most of the time, so if it doesn't fit, I like that it has the handle!

The Tarte oil is fantastic, it's the whole reason I went product crazy with them :smileyvery-happy:  I recommend it for darn near everything, and I liked the idea of the concealer so that I have more coverage and the oil (which I was spotting it on these areas before and looking greasy).  The concealer is VERY thick, but spreads smoothly, and evenly, and I noticed the same effect that I was having using just the oil on these old acne scars.

I'll be trying the cleansing oils once I run out of my current cleanser, will definitely post a review :smileyvery-happy:

beautylovingirl

@MoreGun89- You can buy an eyebrow filler/extender that actually has little fiber like hairs in it that actually stay put all day until you take it off. It's made by a company called Talika. Sephora doesn't sell it but you can get it at nordstorm.com or essentialdermcare.com, I love it and have been using it about two years and will not use or consider using anything else. Hope this helps!

MoreGun89

It arrived two days early O.o  Anywho, here's pic with one eyebrow done and one not, my face is done but nothing else is >.>Picture 11.jpg

I'm INCREDIBLY pleased with the results!  (As a note, the color for the mousse in the picture is medium brown :smileyhappy: )

drrragon

LOL look at that happy smile!  What pretty eyes you have!  I may have to give that Tarte mousse a try now...I've been curious about it and have never tried a brow mousse.

MoreGun89

Thank you and definitely do!  I was a little apprehensive at first too, but once it was here, it was super quick and easy to apply, maybe 30 seconds for each brow or so :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Oh that look so natural! I get so distracted when girls have obviously drawn on eyebrows. I have an acquaintance that have no eyebrows, and draw almost perfect half circle for her brow in a really thin brown line. I had to work really hard to not stare at it.

lol, and you do look incredibly pleased =P

MoreGun89

Exactly people who draw on eyebrows tend to do the thin line, drives me a little nuts >.>  And I will never post a pic in which I have powder on my eyebrows (reminds me of the old school Charlie Chaplin eyebrows). :smileyvery-happy:  But yeah, the mousse looks really natural and has a soft look rather than a definite line, which I love!  And it leaves the brush very clean as well as the countertop, and the rest of the face.  Awesome product!  I'm concerned about going to class now though since it's such a drastic difference. After going in with lipstick yesterday and confusing everyone, this should be fun XD

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 582 replies
  • 865 hearts
  • 77 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • AmyC
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • highfasionmodel