bananachoox3

Haul

I love love watching/hearing about hauls. I'm interested in what people got and what they recommend. I went to Sephora today, and went out with an empty wallet. lol. I manly went to get skincare products:

Korres Milk Protein Cleanser

Korres Wild Rose Daily Brightening Refining Buff Cleanser

Boscia Bright White Mask

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Reflief

Givenchy Mister Mat

Samples:

Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment

Fresh Face Polish

What did you all get recently?

lylysa

Re: Haul

I'll consider my fragrance purchase my Valentine's Day gift to myself since I already got my Too Faced blush!

broadwaybarbie

image.jpgThis is the mini haul I got this weekend! :smileyhappy: it is:

charolette ronson on-the-glow kit which comes with an eyeshadow quad, face palette, lip gloss, and an eyeliner. 

Revlon colorstay foundation in 150 buff

nyc smooth skin face primer in 684

the sephora doe eyed 2 in 1 felt tip liner

rimmell London match perfect concealer and highlighter in 125 fair

American Beauty lip gloss in amarreto 

american beauty lip liner in butterscotch 

american beauty lip stick in honey delight

essence kajal eye liner pencil in 08 teddy 

did anyone else get anything fun this weekend?! :smileyhappy:

broadwaybarbie

I have a current dream haul that Im saving up for! hahah :smileyhappy: Most of it is composed of new products for the spring lines, but some are regular old lovelies I havent gotten around to purchasing. If any of you have tried any of these products and would recommend or try and stear me away from, please let me know!! :smileyhappy: p.s. this is SUCH a fun post! :smileyhappy:

Dream Haul:

Urban Decay Basics palette

Urban Decay Flushed palette

Too Faced natural eye palette

Too Faced "no makeup" makeup face palette (I know I got the exact name wrong, but you get the idea) 

MAC "Archie Girls" lipgloss in Strawberry Malt

MAC lip liner in Twig

MAC lipstick in spice 

Lorac Unzipped palette

bananachoox3

Lorac Unzipped Palette is gorgeous you're going to love it! Have you tried the Lorac Pro Palette? Amazing as well. The UD Flushed is nice especially if you're traveling. The bronzer is pretty good. Not really a fan of the blush but it will work. I suggest if you could swatch the blush to see if you like the color, but for the price and package it's worth it.

broadwaybarbie

Yeah, I really like the UD flushed palette for the idea of having quality makeup handy enough for packing! :smileyhappy: And I have looked at the Pro Palette and would love to get this one as well. However I think I have a lot of other dupes that resemble some colors to the ones inside that palette. 

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

Oh girl then save your money! AHAHA or use it toward another item. Gosh if only I could have everything I want from Sephora.

broadwaybarbie

Haha I'll probably end up weakling oshaving spent it on something else! I can't EVER leave sephora with money in my wallet haha! 

tclack

(0) Hearts

I just posted a huge Sephora.com haul on my blog the other day. It was one of my favorites, because I got a TON of stuff and only paid for 2 of them. :smileyhappy:

Beauty & the Bibliophile

lreagan

I'm combining my last two hauls since I just placed another order online even though I bought a lot of stuff yesterday. Just take all my money, Sephora.

Bought in the store yesterday:

Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Body Cream

Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads

Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser

Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional (really disappointed with this because it doesn't hide my pores at ALL, probably going to return it)

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (oil free)

Bought online today:

Murad Clarifying Toner

Urban Decay De-Slick in a Tube Mattifying Gel (I had an email alert for the powder version but it sold out again in one day and it took MONTHS for this to come back in stock so I broke down and just ordered the gel)

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light

Lancome Mascara Deluxe Sample Trio

100 point perks: Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara and Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

I got the Dior Mascara too! 

Really? I like Benefit's Porefessional. If you don't like that one you can try Mister Mat from Givenchy.

I want to know how the Murad Soothing Gel cleanser is! Thanks.

LOL I know Sephora is like my best friend. I love shopping there

lreagan

I just started using the soothing gel cleanser last night. I'm using it at nights because I don't want to use the acne cleanser twice a day and strip my skin. Plus I had a lot of rosacea and my skin gets easily irritated, so I wanted something soothing. I haven't noticed a huge difference in just two nights, but it leaves my skin really smooth and refreshed!

re: Porefessional, I'm going to try the combo of Urban Decay's de-slick and the smashbox light primer and see if that's any better.

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

alright I'm currently using Korres Milk Protein Cleasner. I have dark spots, a bit of hyperpigmentation, and a bit of roseca. 

bananachoox3

[ Edited ]

Hello ladies! How are you all doing today? I want to share my haul from today!

20130206_165215.jpg

The picture is kinda small, sorry!

Sephora:

GlamGlow SuperMud- I was orginally just going to get a sample to see if it was worth 69 dollars but the Sephora girl was super nice so I got it along with a sample to see if I would like it before opening!

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick- In Spice Spice Baby, I love this color! Good for everyday look. Super moisturizing as well.

Kat Von D Lock and Load Makeup Setting Spray- I never leave my house without setting my makeup with my current spray(UD De Slick) and I heard great reviews for this spray from mods on here that I would give it a shot.

Benefit's Porefessional- I love this thing so much that I had to get more of since I'm out of it. 

100 points: Dior Iconic Overcurl Masacara- I decided to redeem my points for a sample of this mascara, not sure if it is worth 100 points yet but I wanted to see if a non waterproof masacara could hold my curl. 

Samples: I got Makeup Forever Mat Velet and Tarte's 12 hour Clay foundation. I wanted to try the MUFE one but the  Sephora woman told me that the Tarte one was amazing and lighter than the MUFE. Giving both a try to see which one will be better for my oily skin.

Mac: 

Mac Studio Fix Fluid- This is my everyday foundation. I'm trying to change it since its kinda on the heavier side of foundations and plus I like trying new foundations. Mostly the latter.

Teddy Eye Kohl Pencil- I wanted something that wouldn't be as harsh as black for the morning, and I saw swatch of this and its gorgeous. Reminds me of UD 24/7 Bourbon.

Chanel:

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation- Heard great reviews about this foundation from missglamorazzi from YouTube. When I swatch this in store, it was amazing! The tiniest drop covered half of my hand. Felt great on the skin and really blendable. Its oil free and has a slight smell to the foundation but its a good scent. 

The lady at the counter was super nice and gave me a sample of one of their frangences. It was Chance Eau Fraiche, smells good but she also spray another one on the bag and I couldn't stop smelling the bag! The one she sprayed on the bag was Chance Eau Tendre. Loving the Chance Eau Tendre one a bit more. 

Target:

Clean & Clear Oil Control Sheets- I'm running low on the one I'm using so I need to get a back up. I like these, really get my oils. Which one do you like if you use oil controling sheets?

Whew that was a long list! Any favs in here?

kenny

That's quite the haul! :smileyhappy:

I've wanted to try the Chanel foundation, I've heard great things! I have to do some investigation if I have a Chanel counter near me...

I also wanted to try the TF La Creme Lipstick, all the pictures of people wearing it and swatches look so good!

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

There are som located within Macy's. You could try to call them to see if they have a Chanel counter there. 

I love TF La creme. Super moisturizing and glides right on. Color selection is pretty too. 

kenny

(0) Hearts

Thanks, although I live in Canada so sometimes it's harder to find certain brands

lreagan

I LOVE Glamglow so much. It's the best thing I've ever done for my acne prone and irritated skin. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

After hearing so many rave reviews of Porefessional, I picked it up the other day and it just... doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't make my pores any less visible. I was really disappointed because I was hoping it would be the miracle product everyone says it is. I may return it. :/

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

I'm going to use GlamGlow tonight! I'm super excited. LOL

How do you apply Porefessional?

I like to just dab it on after I moisturized. I dab on the part where I'm most oily and then spread it out. You only need a little. Give it another go! Are you just getting a primer to cover up the pores? or controlling oil or hold your makeup?

lreagan

[ Edited ]

This morning was the first time I used Porefessional. After I moisturized and let that absorb for about 10 minutes, I dotted it on my t zone and spread it out all over my face. I added a little bit more where my pores are most visible because I didn't see a difference. Then I put on the rest of my makeup and still saw my gross pores, so I tried dabbing some more on on top of the problem areas (my nose and cheeks). I will say it DID absorb my oil when I put it on on top of my makeup, but it didn't do anything for my pores, which is why I bought it. I've had some difficult with my foundation settling into my pores and need something that smooths them out so they're not like moon craters, LOL.

Also, let me know how you like Glamglow! I love reading about other people trying it. Just FYI, it is really messy and it is a little difficult to get off once it dries. I just take a wet washcloth and gently rub in circles until it comes off.

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

I love the tingling sensation when I applied it. I let it on for about 30 minutes even though the box said 20 LOL. I saw the spots where my pores where and can I just say gross? When the 30 minutes were up, I went to pat some warm water all around my face and decided to cleanse in circluar motion with what started to melt off. After cleansing most part, I grab my washcloth and cleanse whatever I missed. Skin felt super soft and I can say after one use some spots where I used to see the pores are like gone? LOL I swear, either they're smaller or something, not even kidding. I then moisturized with Clinique Moisture Surge.

lreagan

I'm so glad it worked well for you! I have to stop myself from using it every single night because it CAN be a tad dehydrating but if you follow it up with a good quality moisturizer it shouldn't be an issue. I'm probably using it twice a week now.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 582 replies
  • 865 hearts
  • 77 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • AmyC
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • connieconcon
    • highfasionmodel