Kiki1517

First Purchases of 2014

I know many people have been holding out til the New Year to make purchases, show us what you have snagged already in 2014. Well only if you are a crazy person like me and can't even last a day :smileytongue:

Can't wait to use these babies!

6.png

Kiki1517

Re: First Purchases of 2014

OMG after using the Marc Jacobs brushes for the past two days, I am absolutely in love! They are so amazing! The Face II is probably my favorite, it buffs my foundation in so so good, I swear for some reason it helps minimize the appearance of the pores on my cheeks! The bronzer brush is the perfect size for my face and oh so soft. I've used the Face I as a buffing brush to buff out contour as Jaclyn Hill was showing and it does the job. Uhhhh they need to expand this line, I will buy them all!

roxystar4

thanks for the update Kiki! :smileyhappy:  #1 has been on my heart list for a while now… but I may add #2 :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

You're welcome :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

[ Edited ]

firsthaul.JPGFirst kill of 2014! Had to stock up on Lorac since it was on clearance, as well as my beloved Korres powder (which a little birdy told me Korres Color is also going away) I have been drooling over the Dior blush & stila lippy in Gemma since before Christmas and the no buy! Yay :smileyhappy: Now I am just tapping my foot & waiting for the 9th!!!

roxystar4

bombshell, that stila color balm is gorgeous! I've swatched it a few times in store and it is so pretty. Great buys

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Thanks roxystar4! I was enabled to buy it right here on BT! I want Betsey next!

latinadiva

I just realized I have not bought anything in the new year yet! That is a huge achievement for me! lol I did order the Bare Minerals Degrees of Dazzling set on Christmas Day which I was thinking was my new year purchase but I only kept thinking that because I got it on NYE. That I have been enjoying...but I know my lack of buying won't last with the gift cards I got for Christmas!

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

@jojobe do all Sephora stores have the same perks or do they vary from store to store? also how often do the perks change? anyone else can answer this question too if jojobe is unavailable :smileyhappy:

jojobe

(0) Hearts

Most will end up with the same ones eventually except for the SiJCP. For some reason theirs are sometimes different and I don't think their 500 pt perks rotate out as fast as the larger Sephora's. I was in a freestanding one the other day and they did not have any fragrance perks but my mom said her SiJCP has 2 or 3. I would call the store before you leave but apparently that little nail polish has been popular!

jojobe

new 101 005.JPGGoodies, goodies and more goodies....I got the last mini 100pt perk at my store!!!  Too bad Chanel was so stingy with their samples, I may have bought more! 

shortstuff07

The Drybar Detox is amazing.  Best dry shampoo I've used!

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I got the Best of Algenist kit plus the pore perfecting gel cream. Starting out the new year with new skin care! Tired of my Clinique...just bored with it, hoping for better anti-aging Results! 

taychristina11

Only 5 days into the new year and I've already gone crazy!

So far I got:

-Nars BI 500 Point

-Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

-Stila Color Me Glossy Set

-Benefit Fake It 

-BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Speak your mind"

-Nars blush in "Mata Hari" 

-Too Faced Cat Eye Kit

-Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box

-Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette 

-Clinique Skin Supplies for Men (for the boyfriend!) 

punctuationgeek

(0) Hearts

My first purchase was UD Naked 2 Palette. Unfortunately, it arrived without the brush and appeared to have been used. The eyeshadows were smudged, and the packaging was dirty. Sephora is sending me a new one, and I'm hoping it's actually new lol.

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

MAC is discontinuing Pro Longwear Lip Creme in Extended Play. (Along with a handful of skin care items, a bunch of eyeshadow, etc.) So Extended Play was my first beauty purchase of 2014. 

I'm waiting for the skincare event to stock up on eye cream, moisturizer, face wash, sunscreen, and maybe a Clarisonic Plus. 

sephoramusthave

upload_4784127366128285019.jpgI've started off the new year with my very first Chanel purchase! The soleil de tan de chanel cream bronzer. I also got a couple of free samples ( 2 deluxe sized mascaras and a sample of the vitalumiere aqua foundation). I also got some makeup goodies for Christmas ( urban decay naked 2 palette, a tarina tarantino eye shadow palette and a boots no 7 shadow palette) :smileyvery-happy:

ashhay

(0) Hearts

I always wanted to try this cream bronzer but I felt like it wouldn't show up on those with NC42 complexions.

marlenecol

(0) Hearts

I just got this beauty of a bronzer yesterday!  So far I am thrilled - it is such a perfect light bronze color and takes no effort to blend.  I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!

jxw200

hi sephoramusthave!! Hope you are well :smileyhappy: you still sound as restrained as i remember haha!!

Glad to hear you got some samples at the chanel counter - it is like IMPOSSIBLE i feel like to get samples from them lol. I love that soleil tan stuff so i hope you like it too! Yay for christmas beauty goodies!

punctuationgeek

(0) Hearts

I bought some non-Chanel products from Bloomingdales, and received samples of Chanel mascara, perfume, and foundation. They had several options you could pick from (all Chanel). Not sure if it's still going on though :smileysad:

Dolan

How do you like cream bronzers? I want to try one but am unsure of which to buy. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 142 replies
  • 151 hearts
  • 64 in conversation
    • nikki
    • sephoramusthave
    • tehprincessjenn
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • ashhay
    • marydiva