February Food Haul From MYchoi to Me! :)

killahbabe

February Food Haul From MYchoi to Me! :)

[ Edited ]

The lovely MYchoi was fabulous enough to offer to ship me some delicious treats from California to Pennsylvania. She knows I LOVE Asian food but have no Asian markets near my homestead. Here are some of the wonderful things she included:

SAM_1126.JPG^Large flat rate box JAM-PACKED with goodies!

SAM_1127.JPG^Seaweed.

SAM_1129.JPG^Melon flavored gummies (one of my favorites!) and melon flavored hard candies.

SAM_1131.JPG^Green tea, panda, and strawberry pocky. I busted into the green tea pocky IMMEDIATELY!

SAM_1132.JPG^Various crackers/biscuits/pies.

SAM_1133.JPG

^Bae, various mochi, and green tea swiss rolls (another fave).

SAM_1134.JPG^Strawberry Calpico, aloe drink, and melon yogurt drink.

Do any of you have any favorite Asian foods, or foods from your culture or other cultures that you love?

killahbabe

Re: February Food Haul From MYchoi to Me! :)

MYchoi is definitely a sweetheart! :heart:

mychoi

upload_7598755187942068268.jpg

weeeeweeeeeee

Have you tried Ramune?! Japanese soda? With a marble in it? SOOOO good. AND lychee Calpico. Strawberry Calpico is my least favorite. I like original, mango and lychee! AND MILK CANDY!

killahbabe

I always get the Japanese soda when I get sushi! Especially because they have melon flavor... I LOVE all things melon! :smileyhappy: I've never had lychee everything so I was unsure whether or not to get that or the strawberry. I usually like strawberry things so I thought I'd give it a try.

Urbie

definitely try a lychee something soon (esp the fresh fruit)- it tastes like rain!

PoesRevy

Oh nice! Yummy :smileyhappy:

Enjoy these delights!

mychoi

so babe, what have you allowed BaeShilLang to nibble on? x)

killahbabe

I've let him have a biscuit and some green tea pocky. I've been trying to eat these goodies S-L-O-W-L-Y... gotta make them last like all month, but I'm not doing a very good job. haha.

mychoi

Haha eat it slowly! One bite a day!

killahbabe

I've been doing 3 pocky a day! haha

quotidianus

[ Edited ]

Killahbabe!  Next time you're in PGH, hit the Strip.  We do most of our shopping there since it's just a few miles from home.  Lotus Foods and Sambok are the best.  Sambok for Korean things (homemade banchan and cabbage and radish kimchi!), and Lotus for a bunch of different things, including a lot of fresh fruit (like durian, dragon fruit) and veg, freshly made tofu, and pastries/baked goods that come from a bakery in NYC (whole green tea jelly rolls, coconut buns, baguettes).  Lots of snack foods, too.  These two nearly fill the void left from Super H Mart.

And, if you've never been to Wholey's for sushi, it's a must.  Andy's Sushi Bar is so good and such a fun experience ... Andy's a doll and a flirt and will give you things to nibble on while he's making your rolls ... The Strip roll is awesome.

killahbabe

Now I know where I'm going on my next free weekend! :smileyhappy: Thanks so much for the idea, Quotidianus! I only thought Pitt had the "Oriental Market" by Ross Park and they didn't have any of the fun goodies I love. :smileysad: I'll definitely be going to check out these places ASAP! :smileyvery-happy:

quotidianus

When I first moved to Pittsburgh, I moved into the suburbs.  Within three months I moved into the city (I can do urban or rural, not in between).  There's so much going on!  If you do go to the Strip on a weekend, make sure you hit Pittsburgh Public Market.  You can do a beer tasting at East End Brewing Company's stall (a dollar a taste, which is about four ounces of liquid amazement), Crested Duck has amazing charcuterie and artisanal cheeses, and Clarion River Organics has some gorgeous and unique produce (I love them, they introduced me to ramps!).

ireneh

Should've sent her some stinky tofu :smileyvery-happy:

upload_8723266127178790519.gif

AznAngelLiz

Hope you didn't eat it all in one sitting Killah! Although, I wouldn't blame you if you did, everything looks delicious :smileyhappy:

I'm lucky to be close to a few Asian markets, I'll have to get me some green tea pocky this weekend!

Missie772

Yummy yummy yummy yummy!!!

myxducky

I've always really like these candies... they kind of taste like yogurt covered gummies :smileyhappy:upload_307804669320038671.jpg

wendyomgwar

I got some Green Tea Mochi from Trader Joe's MMMM :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

too bad it would be hard to ship frozen goodies - red bean popsicles, green tea ice cream, shaved ice treats (patbingsu)..mmm

upload_8919559773757581262.jpg

kimchikween

It's an almost every weekend thing for me and my friends when it goes hot here - shaved ice, fresh fruit, ice cream, and condensed milk...mmmmmm

Urbie

mmmmm, that picture is so delicious looking it's practically good enough to get me to get out of my warm apartment and trek over to ktown :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 213 replies
  • 539 hearts
  • 52 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar
    • tracygirl64
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dianabt