February Food Haul From MYchoi to Me! :)

killahbabe

February Food Haul From MYchoi to Me! :)

[ Edited ]

The lovely MYchoi was fabulous enough to offer to ship me some delicious treats from California to Pennsylvania. She knows I LOVE Asian food but have no Asian markets near my homestead. Here are some of the wonderful things she included:

SAM_1126.JPG^Large flat rate box JAM-PACKED with goodies!

SAM_1127.JPG^Seaweed.

SAM_1129.JPG^Melon flavored gummies (one of my favorites!) and melon flavored hard candies.

SAM_1131.JPG^Green tea, panda, and strawberry pocky. I busted into the green tea pocky IMMEDIATELY!

SAM_1132.JPG^Various crackers/biscuits/pies.

SAM_1133.JPG

^Bae, various mochi, and green tea swiss rolls (another fave).

SAM_1134.JPG^Strawberry Calpico, aloe drink, and melon yogurt drink.

Do any of you have any favorite Asian foods, or foods from your culture or other cultures that you love?

Panda168

Re: February Food Haul From MYchoi to Me! :)

(0) Hearts

Yikes! I used to love those as a kid and over indulged during cny!

I love the pork sung stuff and pineapple cakes from taiwan . Let's not forget them sun cakes now!!

myxducky

I haven't tried it since those controversies either... I got kind of paranoid.

Spyski

Oh I wish I had those white rabbits around here, I love those creamy thangs!!!!

Urbie

Alright, I caved and went out and bought myself 3 packages of red bean mochi and a bottle of kewpie mayo.  I will not be eating them together.

evno

*drools* Ok, I can't stand this anymore! I'm going to HMart tomorrow or bust! :smileytongue:

Spyski

Yay! I finally been able to get on BT! Looks like you got a great variety, wish i had my swiss roll lol :smileyvery-happy:

My love for orange thingy (korean yogurt drink) has been a long distance relationship and when I saw there was an Asian foodie box up for  "Rougaholics" I immediately jumped on that bandwagon! I received lychee candies (fav) and some other goodies. not 1 nor 2 but 3 cases of orange drink thingies! They taste similar to Sunny Delight but with the "good" bacteria in thhem like yogurt has. Great for digestive system! Next time i want gummies, love anything gummy! Heh heh thanks again Ms. Choi! 

image.jpg

myxducky

what are those candies that look like japanese dolls?

Spyski

Some kind of cracker with shrimp flavoring in them. Unfortunately, I did not like them because of the strong seafood odor left behind when eaten. I'll be giving those to a co-worker hehe

mychoi

they're crackers! :smileyhappy: with pretty packaging

myxducky

oh. they look so cute :smileyhappy:

killahbabe

MYchoi is hilarious! For her being so ridiculously organized she had you freaking out about where YOUR swiss roll was! Apparently she sent an imaginary one to you! haha. How does lychee taste? I was asked if I wanted a lychee Calpico but I went with strawberry because I've never had it. 

Spyski

I haven't tried it yet, but the Lychee candies are yummy. Def. was expecting a diff. kind of taste more like the smell of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum because I love the lychee smell so much lol but the candies are still great! I ate the Panda pocky first, and now I want moar!!!

mychoi

I was totally dreaming lol. next time i'll totally buy you a strawberry swiss roll :smileyhappy:

melde

I :heart: mychoi!!!! The mochi is SO amazing!!!!!!!

Heatoyos1

I love living in SoCal, and being close to Japanese markets. However, there are so many foods and drinks that I fell in love with in Japan, that they don't even carry in Japanese markets here in America. It's a huge tease. :/

killahbabe

One day I'll muster up the courage to actually go to Japan. I'm just uneasy around super crowded places, so I'm hesitant. But the culture and food are so interesting!

serioustree

I taught English in Japan, I was in Fukuoka province of Kyushu.  If you don't like the fast pace lifestyle, I recommend just visiting the touristy places then taking more time in the outskirts. Really well worth the trip, waterfalls are absolutely amazing and I loved how relaxed and slow every day was. It was a wonderful experience I had. =)

Heatoyos1

I definitely recommend visiting Japan. I have been three times. I went to Tokyo last summer, and became very exhausted by the huge crowds, loud noises and fast pace. I enjoyed Tokyo Disneyland much more than the city of Tokyo. Tokyo Disneyland can get really crowded, but we managed to go during an off-peak time, so it wasn't so crazy. 

If you like slower paced, less-crowded scenic places, I recommend Kyoto. It is one of my favorite cities (I have visited Kyoto all three times that I went to Japan), and every where that you turn looks like it could be in a postcard. 

killahbabe

I'll look into Kyoto for sure. Tokyo Disney sounds so fun. :smileyhappy:

myxducky

[ Edited ]

i went to Kyoto, Osaka, and Tokyo for my honeymoon. and it was a blast. You should go when you get a chance and definitely go to Tokyo Disney. In Japan they also have a Disney Sea and it's unique to Japan. I went the first couple weeks in July, which was kind of the off season; it was while kids were still in school. But even then it was pretty packed!

The one thing I learned while in Japan was to never take the train during rush hour when people are going to work! A full train in North America is totally not the same as a train that is packed in Japan. I'd never experienced so much people in my personal space at the same time haha... but it was a really fun experience.

I loved Kyoto.. I was a little disappointed in Tokyo, I think maybe because I had high expectations for it.

Heatoyos1

Definitely agree! Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo are the cities which I've visited most (though I've visited Okinawa--awesome place--and the Japanese countryside). 

Tokyo Disney Sea is even more fun than Tokyo Disneyland. It's like a better California Adventure, and its lands are based around water themes, like Mediterranean Harbor, or Ariel's Mermaid Lagoon. 

I am also not as crazy about Tokyo, or rush hour trains. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 213 replies
  • 539 hearts
  • 52 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar
    • tracygirl64
    • weeeeweeeeeee