lilahtov

Eyeshadow battle: help me choose!

Hi all,

I'm having the biggest dilemma of haul time. (Anyone? I thought it was funny :smileyvery-happy:)

I am trying to decide between the Nars Kauai duo (after which I've been lusting since its release) and the KVD Esperanza palette (see parenthetical statement above). Pretty palette for $36 or dynamic duo for $35? I really don't want to shell out for both, since I don't NEED either.

Thoughts, my beloved BBFFs?

lilahtov

Re: Eyeshadow battle: help me choose!

(0) Hearts

Greyhound, I agree. Now that I've come to terms with the fact that I would WEAR this palette as much as ooh and ah at it, I think I will go for the Kauai :smileyhappy:

JenJenz

I vote for Nars Kauai, the colors are absolutely amazingly gorgeous! Even though you get more bang for your buck with the Esperanza, the colors are just mediocre and nothing special (at least to me). I would definitely get more use out of the Nars duo, which would make it worth the cost. My advice is to pick the one that you will reach for more. Just because the Esperanza is more versatile, doesn't mean that you will utilize it if you aren't in love with the colors. And to me, it seem like your heart lies with Nars Kauai :smileyhappy: 

lilahtov

JenJenz--who gave you a key to my brain?! :smileytongue:

I will reach for Kauai more. My heart is there, you're right. Plus, I wouldn't use Placebo or Dog Roses from the KVD. Thank you for helping to cement my decision!!

JenJenz

You're welcome lilahtov, happy to help! I'm so jealous, I would buy it myself but after all the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes I bought, I'm cutting myself off for awhile....but we'll see how long that lasts :smileywink: 

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

And here I am waiting for them to hit stores later this month :smileyvery-happy:

killahbabe

I vote NARS Kauai! Super pretty! :smileyhappy:

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

Thank you Babe :smileyhappy:

leolion

I like the Nars duo, especially for you because that purple will be stunning with your dark hair.  Also, are you sure you even like all the colors in the KVD palette?  There are a couple that I am not too crazy about and that I wouldn't wear.  At least you can be sure that the Nars colors will work for you.  I really would like to get that duo myself but have way too much shadow to use up, so I will add it to my loves list!  If you get it, share the love!! <3

lilahtov

You got it, leo!! I think you're right--I would get more use out of the Nars. Plus, I know I'll like the colors, whereas the KVD is a bit of a shot in the dark even though I'd PAINT with or WEAR those colors--perhaps not on my eyelids, though. I'm not brave enough, yet :smileytongue:

amberangeline

"Of haul time"... LOL you're killin' me, girl!

Unfortunately, I have no valuable input regarding your dilemma. I do know that I must own Kauai. Not sure about Esperanza yet. I agree that you should think about which one makes you feel the most excitement. It's not always easy being a makeup junkie... sigh.

lilahtov

Amberangeline, THANK YOU for understanding my struggle. First world problem to end all first world problems :smileyvery-happy:

amberangeline

Haha... no problem. I face some sort of similar dilemma almost daily, so I can relate!

roxystar4

i know there are more colors in Esperanza, but I just gravitate towards Kauai. I don't own it (yet) but love the way the gold shadow looks in swatches and the purple looks nice too (love my purples).  

Maybe seeing the swatches & packaging side by side will help?

nars-kauai-duo-eyeshadow-swatches.jpg

NARS-Kauai-Swatch.jpg

eaa3b365-3836-4afa-be21-c7b64d203fa7.jpg

NARS-Kauai.jpg

vs.

Esperanza-Swatches2.png

Esperanza-Swatches.png

Kat-Von-D-Esperanza-Eyeshadow-Palette.jpg

lilahtov

See, the colors are so gorgeous, but as much as I want it, I keep thinking that it will gather dust because I wouldn't wear those shades as often as the gold and purple in Kauai. Thank you so much for putting them side-by-side for me! I know I wouldn't wear Dog Roses or Placebo, so that already eliminates a quarter of the palette. I am leaning towards Kauai, even though I know that the KVD is a much better deal!

roxystar4

If you think you would use Kauai more, I would say go for that one! :smileyhappy:

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

Thank you, Roxy!! I think I will! :smileyhappy: It's what my gut is telling me I'd be happier with.

nikki

Well now I want the Nars duo.

amberangeline

That's the perfect way to describe it, roxystar! I gravitate toward Kauai too... It's not that I don't like Esperanza, but there's just something about Kauai that makes it so desirable!

lilahtov

Exactly--so basically, this is me trying to say those two shadows are worth 8 (well, effectively 6) KVD shadows.

amberangeline

The heart wants what the heart wants...

nikki

I love NARS, but the KVD Esperanza palette gets my vote. More bang for your buck. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 88 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • nikki
    • killahbabe
    • lyravega
    • Manda
    • lmi82
    • bombshell30