Deals too good to pass Up!

Deals too good to pass Up!

[ Edited ]

The only thing I love more than shopping is getting a great deal.  I've created a website, with the same name as this thread (minus spaces and the exclamation point), to share my passion with more people.  If you share here and want to keep the deal exclusive to BT viewers, just write for BT only in the post.

I will heart every deal I see.  If your deal does not have a heart from me, I have not seen it yet.  A heart with no comment means I already had your deal on my site or am not planning on listing it (I may already have a better offer or another possible reason).  Should I use your deal, I will thank you here and mention that it was "shared on BT" on my site.  Thanks again to everyone who shares!

If you find something full priced that is new and awesome, share it here.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/Spring-Summer-2015-Found-in-the-Wild-quot-New-quot/m-p/1... 

Re: Deals too good to pass Up!

[ Edited ]

Dior My Lady Blush is one of the items being price matched on Nordstrom (which was mentioned a few pages back). 

Currently still available

Found on Instagram

image.jpg

I'm so torn on picking up another Dior My Lady blush, perhaps for my mom for Mother's Day. I know I'll never finish the one I have so there's no point in me having a back up! LOL! But it is gorgeous and I would like to share the beauty with someone in my life! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Ebates with 8% cash back

(0) Hearts

MrRebates is 7% (though I think they're a little shadier than eBates, so do what you will with that)

(0) Hearts

Just curious beachyt, why do you think Mr. Rebates is a little shadier than ebates? I ask because I've been using Mr. Rebates more often over the last several months (but started using them earlier than that) because they've mainly been offering better deals than ebates. I have received several Paypal payments from them thus far without any problems. Is there any advice you have such as things to look out for? I like ebates as well and when they have the better deal I go there. And actually what was great with them is that they offered me an instant payment last week if I chose 1 of 3 giftcards. Sephora was one of them...if I didn't choose one of those I would have had to wait till sometime next month. Since I knew the ebates money would go to Sephora anyway, I hopped on that giftcard offer!

Thanks for any input! :smileyhappy:

They're not shady like put you in a tub of ice and take a kidney shady, but here's the downfalls I've had with them thus far:

1. When I opened my account it was during last year's VIBR sale, and used that link to place my first big order (about $400, the cash back would have been about $35ish). They didn't credit it to my account, said to wait 90 days for it to show up, and then when 90 days had passed and it still hadn't shown up, their online form said I was ineligible to file a claim for it because I was past 90 days. -_- Perhaps I could have pestered them about it relentlessly, we'll call that one a wash.

2. You have to scour for the fine print on there sometimes.. it changes but I've seen on different pages that using a promotion code not also found on Mr. Rebates will negate your cashback, as will using a gift card to pay for your purchase. It doesn't matter if your gift card is only $5, and your total is $100, it still negates the whole transaction. BUT, like I said, they put up and take down that fine print randomly so that's just a mystery to me. (Maybe we're actually getting cash back because we're part of some weird experiment.)

3. I think my account had accumulated about $40 in cash back and suddenly I was getting an e-mail every single day telling me to request a check or move it to my PayPal, and no way to opt out of them. I was going to do the PayPal thing but my e-mails weren't the same so I opted for a mailed check. It arrived pretty quickly! On the positive side, their paper checks don't have an expiration date listed on them like the eBates ones I've gotten do. Not a big deal, I just got super annoyed about the sudden influx of e-mails.

They definitely have higher percentages more often than eBates does, but I don't think their online customer service is as smooth as eBates. Still, they're not going to shank you in the dark and steal your wallet so I think it's still safe to sign up for! :smileywink:

(0) Hearts

Thanks for those tips.  Bummer you were cheated out of money.  Ebates has always paid me (even though I have had to fill out some where are my payment inquiries, which take about a minute each.  I will use ebates if I use a gift card.  There are way too many good promos available to be limited to theirs.  That stinks.

(0) Hearts

Beachyt I love the first part! :smileyhappy: But sorry to hear about losing out on all that money...sheesh!! I've mainly used them for Sephora, Nordstrom, QVC (for a new computer), and a few other places. I have noticed fine print with some retailers but I've also noticed that with ebates too. As for the giftcard issue, I haven't had any trouble with that. But thank you for letting us know what to look out for! :smileyhappy:

P.S. I don't receive a lot of emails from them and I never had any that I can remember, asking me to cash out. Interesting. Makes me wonder what my email settings are. Maybe they have you on some kind of new annoying beta email program! LOL! Just kidding, I know of no such thing! :smileywink:

Ditto.  I was thinking of opening a MrRebates, so I would like to know the scoop as well.  I love ebates, but I would rather use whoever is going to give me the most money back.

Hey not creative, I didn't get to say welcome back! I missed your input, advice and oftentimes cheeky humor! :smileyhappy:

Anyway, I've been getting all the Mr. Rebates deals as promised. They make you wait 3 months until the rebate becomes available but once you passed that time you can request a check every month. So basically I now can get money from them each month which is nice. You get $5 for signing up (I think, unless it changed) but you can't cash out until you've hit at least $10 (again, I think that's the case). Nevertheless once you're established you'll have rebates to cash in regularly. They'll issue the rebate at the beginning of the month for those requested by the end of the prior month. Ebates I think just pays quarterly but they do give you a $10 giftcard right off the bat. (I'm sure you know all this but I thought I'd add some more detail for anyone else who's interested).

Take care!! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I am probably going to do it.  I've noticed they have some better percentages than ebates lately.  If you want to pm me your email, I can enter it for the referral.  

Sure, thank you! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Apparently that is Canada only.  We in the US still only have 4% today.

(0) Hearts

Aha, that's why I keep seeing 4% thinking I'm crazy 

At Benjabelle online

(0) Hearts

Thank you for posting! I've been meaning to get one of these :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

You’re welcome. I have one similar to this one from Benjabelle. I love it. I am going to get a couple more for gifts. 

Take advantage of the promo/sale, it’s the first time I’ve seen them do a promo/sale.

(0) Hearts

This is neither here nor there but, how come there are 3 pages in the sales section and each page has the same items? 

(0) Hearts

Did anyone see there are a few Nars, Guerlain, and Lancome items on sale on Living Social today?  The Guerlain Terracotta Mineral Bronzing Powder is only $30.

I just went to check it out. Luckily nothing interests me. The Guerlain is a good deal but I don't really like mineral. 

(0) Hearts

innisfree is having a sale on sheet masks

"It's real squeeze mask" Buy 10, Get 10 Free!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments