notcreative

Deals too good to pass Up!

I have been getting a lot of great emails.  Hopefully, some of these deals can come in handy for the rest of you.  Have you seen any awesome ones you want to share?  Now, is a great time to haul.

lylysa

Re: Deals too good to pass Up!

(0) Hearts

Though the clientele and reward members they send the cards to are quite vast, I believe it may have to do with how frequent and how recent you may have shopped around the time of a new 20% coupon launch.

I've overheard employees telling shoppers as they were checking out that entering in their card number or activating their reward profile will essentially "kick them back" into the system if it's been a while since they've shopped (customers would be asked for their card and they'd go, "Eh, don't worry, it's been a while since I've shopped here anyway" and that prompted the "kick you back in the system" response).

You might want to call their customer service line or email them to see what the matter may be pertaining to your particular case. 

heatherbee

(0) Hearts

I recently visited an Ulta (live in Hawaii with no Ulta and no free shipping from them, so don't shop often) while on the mainland, and I hit Platinum while I was there.  I then got a 20% off coupon including prestige brands, and this is the first one I have received.  I have been getting the emails, but usually for 3 or 4 bucks off a purchase, no higher brands included.  So this might actually be how it works.  But I've seen other people post a coupon for 20% and I got 10% off a lipstick, or something not even close to the good coupon.  

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I'll probably get in contact with their customer service. That is odd, because it hasn't been a while since I've purchased from them. If anything, this year is probably the most often I've purchased from them.

notcreative

Still not getting emails from Lancome (as if I do not place enough orders), but I do get snail mail.

Lancome Coupon.jpg

This one is also tempting.
Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 10.52.13 AM.png

SirensSong

(0) Hearts

As always, this thread made my wallet sad. Just saw this F&F flyer and rushed over to make a purchase 40 minutes before the sale ended lol

notcreative

(0) Hearts

It makes our wallets sad but our vanities happy.  I almost bought some Tarte items, but I refrained.  That SpaceNK one has my trigger finger itching though.

laynebr

(0) Hearts

Loving this! Will def keep an eye out for the Lancome dates :smileywink:

bratknits

(0) Hearts

WOW!  My Tarte order from F&F is going to be here TODAY. :smileysurprised:

blackkitty2014

Oh gosh, you are the queen of Lancome product. I signed up for their email promo but didn't get this either. Thx for posting this :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I do love Lancome, so it is probably for the best that I do not get emails.  Based on what I see on gwpaddict, I only get about half of the promos in the mail.

MarciaBrady

I had a lot of problems on the Tarte site getting items to display with an 'add to cart' button and then stay there when I finally put them in. Weird. Anyway, in the end I triumphed. Among the awesome deals I got I scored a set with a full-size blush, lipsurgence, and gloss in achiote for $20. No, that's not a typo. Hooray! I've been wanting to try those products and that color.

spadersgirl

Is August normally a big sale time for most companies? There are so many deals and I'm trying to budget around which brands I want to wait for and which I should immediately snap up.

beauty4ashes

@spadersgirl

"...Is August normally a big sale time for most companies? There are so many deals and I'm trying to budget around which brands I want to wait for and which I should immediately snap up..."

Yes, most importantly changing seasons to make room for their new line is the main factor. It's like in the summer months leading up to the start of a new school year when everyone is still wearing summer clothes yet fall is around the corner. the stores need to clear out the summer items to make room for new clothes. Sooooo...seasons ending/beginning is a BIG TIME to catch sales, find limited edition items.

spadersgirl

Thank you so much. :smileyhappy: I used to pay full price (with no extras) for everything and have only begun to hunt for sales and promos since April. I have so much to learn!

notcreative

If you have not already, check out gwpaddict.  I discovered her site very early into my addiction.  She is the main reason my stash is insane!  Well, her site and the fact that I have a hard time passing on a good deal.  I like nice things, but I love getting a good deal even more.

Stick with us.  We'll get you to the deals.

BuxomBabe80

Thanks for the heads up about that web site, Kimberly! I've never heard of it before. You rock, chica!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

You're welcome, Kristen.  Careful though.  It's addicting.

spadersgirl

[ Edited ]

:smileysurprised: Oh my goodness! Thanks for sharing the site name! I found it and am now following. And yes, it is so difficult to pass up a good deal. My purchases went from buying something every 6 months to monthly, weekly, and now daily (would have been Rouge by now if I hadn't found better prices). I'm very curious to see what deals August will bring, so I'm trying to keep my wallet closed for the time being. I think I can be strong for this last day so long as nothing tempts me on Hautelook! :smileyvery-happy:

AmyC

The Tarte deal is so good that I'm taking the Tarte items out of my upcoming 4x point haul and saving money. Also, adding two more items. I love Sephora but want to save more money. Will miss the points though! GAH.

notcreative

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 8.57.17 AM.png

Shrewdle

AHHH!!! I need to close my eyes. And unsee the Tarte 30% off deal! :smileyhappy: This is waaaay too tempting!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 823 replies
  • 754 hearts
  • 151 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • itscarin
    • michelleshops
    • hydee77
    • molkie
    • malday