Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Thanks for a new thread

I haven't seen this thread since the change. So I searched it out and I'm wondering if what I'm seeing is correct that there have been no deals posted since Tuesday? Or are the posts out of order? Or if not this is a Seriously sad situation. Never before happened on one of the most popular threads 😞

PaletteAddict99 wrote:

I haven't seen this thread since the change. So I searched it out and I'm wondering if what I'm seeing is correct that there have been no deals posted since Tuesday? Or are the posts out of order? Or if not this is a Seriously sad situation. Never before happened on one of the most popular threads 😞

Agreed I'm confused.

@PaletteAddict99 notcreative started a new thread! Here's the link to it: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Deals-Too-Good-to-Pass-Up-Volume-Six/td-p/2825669 . There definitely have not been as many deals posted as usual though, and I think it's mainly due to the new and (in my opinion) very hard to navigate interface.

Thank you so much! @lippieaddict19 

It is hard to navigate and finding threads isn't easy 

And not being able to reply under the person you are replying to is annoying and a disjointed way to communicate. I hope they can change that.

Need advice! (warning: this is a bit of a rant)

Spoiler
On June 28, a deal was posted on here for Macy's online. For just $10, you got a 4-piece makeup set and a $10 off coupon on a future purchase. I just tried using the coupon online, and it doesn't work. I called CS and they  were so unwilling to help. First they told me the coupon excludes makeup (nowhere on it does it say that), so I tried to use it on skincare, but it still didn't work. Then they told me it was expired (it's actually valid until 8/31). Then they accused me of having already used it! Their solution was to offer me 20% off and free express shipping, but I don't want either of those. I just want my darn $10 off my purchase. Any thoughts?? I'm so mad I got that deal in June just because I wanted the coupon and now it doesn't work. 

My first thought would be to go back and look at the promo, and check the fine print. You can try escalating it to a cs rep supervisor and see if they can do something for you. 

I'd call back and talk to someone else. Reps do not always know every single promotion they're taking calls on. It is possible you may get someone more helpful or at least familiar with the offer if you call back. Calling is always a pain, and I hate when I have to call more than once. Sometimes, it really is necessary to make a second attempt to not walk away with buyer's remorse.

More at Costco- 

- Marc Jacobs Instamarc contour duo - $34

- Bobbi Brown Sandy Nude eyeshadow palette - $39

- Mac Strobe Cream - $24

- Burberry contour stick - $18

I'm so jealous that costco in the US has all this great stuff. The Canadian side rarely gets anything remotely exciting. We occasional have some La Prairie or Sisley, but that's about it 😞

Also:

• Laura Mercier Souffle Body Creme 12oz

• Laura Mercier Creme Body Wash 8 fl oz

@Madeline7 is on fire 🙂 Thx you for posting all these deals

amazon prime day!amz.PNG

Is anyone finding anything worthwhile? I always look forward to this day but as the event gets bigger each year, I find it harder to locate quality deals.

@notcreative Not really. I was hoping to find some amazing offers today but it's pretty meh to me. 

I ordered the Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. It will be here tomorrow. I'm a bit excited.  

I don't think the deals are quite as good as in the past, and they've been going downhill anyway.

That didn't stop me from picking up a 100 count box of Stash sencha tea to save a couple of bucks, a couple of cookbooks, and a couple of Clarins cream blushes for 30% off. @notcreative   I did learn that if you go to the Prime search bar and type in the category of item you are looking for, sometimes the menu that is displayed on the right side of the next page will allow you to choose items by upcoming, available, and missed (something like that.)

not for makeup/skincare, but I highly recommend the Instant Pot for cooking! Its so convenient. 

7,684 Replies
testing