Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Chic It Easy is currently back in stock! GO, GO, GO! I just ordered two.

Also a bunch of Formula X nails polishes are back in stock! Just picked up twelve more. 

Yay, thank you! Picked up some more formula x!

Has anyone else not received their Marc jacobs beauty order from the 20% sale and pay with Apple Pay?

Can someone please let me know how ebates work?

I am very curious and I'm new at this kind of stuff.

Hey @lidovicky

Ebates is awesome 😄 It is basically a rebate site and is very simple to use. 

The first thing that you need to do is create an account. When I first signed up they were giving away a $10 gift card once you made your first purchase. I believe they are still doing that but I'm not 100% sure.

You can also sign up through someone's link (a lot of youtubers talk about their link but just fyi everyone who has Ebates has a referral link!) and you will still get the gift card plus Ebates will credit the person $5 to their Ebates account. That is at no cost to you, just a nice incentive they give to refer people to their site. So if you would like my link, please let me know 😉 I'd be happy to share 😄 

Once you are all set up, just click on the store that you want to shop with. It will tell you what the percentage of cash back they are giving that day and it does vary quite a bit sometimes. As an example, Ulta is 15% cash back today!!

It is really important that you use the link from Ebates to shop. This is how they track your purchase and give you cash back credit for it! If you think you will forget to go through Ebates before you shop you can download their browser button. 

Once you are re-directed by Ebates to the site of your choosing just shop as normal using that window and you are all set! It can take a couple of minutes after you purchase but it will update on your Ebates account under Shopping Trips. 

You get paid once a quarter, not after every shopping trip. It can either be through a physical check or via PayPal. A couple of days before they send you your "Big Fat Check" they do give you the option to forego the check/PayPal in favor of a gift card to a select handful of stores. Sometimes they give you an extra percentage to these stores if you select the gift card over the payment. 

I hope this answers your questions! If you have anymore feel free to tag me or send me a PM. I remember being confused and skeptical at first too so don't feel like you are bothering me at all with your questions lol. I get it! Been there and done that. 

Wow omg thank you for the info! Yes!! I was so skeptical for months now haha

I don't blame you at all for questioning their legitimacy lol. But I've been a happy customer since 2014 so I can say with confidence now that it really is as good as it seems 😄 

Ebates is awesome!  Basically, you go to their site each time you shop, and then click the link from their page to go the retailer's website that you want to shop at.  Then, you get a percentage of your purchase back as a refund!  

The percentage you get back varies by retailer, and each retailer's cashback percentage can change throughout the week.  They run lots of bonus sales and double cashback days, etc. where you'll get extra back.  This week, for instance, they're having an anniversary sale and a bunch of retailers are at 15% back, which is a huge bonus.  Sephora often ranges from 4-8%, depending on the day.

They pay out 4 times per year, and they will either send you a check or deposit into your Paypal.  Sometimes you'll get a bonus offer too where you can choose to receive your refund on a gift card to a particular retailer and you'll get a bonus percentage on top of whatever's in your account.  (Not sure if that makes sense, but as an example, say you had $50 in your account and they're offering a 10% bonus on a Sephora gift card... so you would get a $50 check, or $50 in your paypal, or $55 if you took it on the Sephora gift card).

Once in awhile they'll have bonus coupons and things too that you can check out!  Some are member-specific and found in your unique bonus area, and others are open to everybody and listed on the retailer's page.

Overall, it's super easy to use and totally legit... you just have to remember to go through their site before you check out on whatever page you're shopping from.  You'll usually see the cashback pop up in your account within a couple days of making your order, or when the order ships (although again, they only pay out 4x per year).

And last of all, if you need a referral, let me know... you get a $10 bonus for signing up through it and making at least a $25 purchase (and full disclosure, I receive a bonus too!). 

Sorry that got lengthy... apparently I'm really passionate about ebates lol 😄

Happy shopping!

Thank you for putting the time to answer me. I really appreciate it! 😃 yayy i am so in omggg my pockets will be forever empty now hehehe

@lidovicky It is a dangerous extra temptation, especially when there's already a good sale!  I like to consider my payout money a freebie bonus to treat myself with though when it comes 😄

haha we all need to pamper ourselves once in a while "cough" everyday 😃

@bestdeceptions Are there other cash back retailers you recommend? I only use ebates and so far they've been very reliable and seemingly trustworthy because of that. I've heard of other cash back retailers, but people say stuff like "scam" or "never paid me", so that makes me very nervous to branch out

@pinyo I'm not who you asked, but can throw a few reputable ones out there. I'm currently using ebates, mr. rebates, giving assistant, upromise, and be frugal; all are relatively reliable. Any site can have glitches here and there, but these sites all seem to work out as they should (or in the rare case of a problem, they fix it asap). ShopAtHome used to be a good one, but I've had a LOT of issues with them in the last 6 months or so, and have dropped them off my personal list.

If you are willing to spread your cashback around to several sites in order to try and get a few more dollars here and there, an excellent resource is cashbackmonitor dot com. Type in the store you want to shop, and it'll give you a list of cashback available at all sites. I pick the highest % at the sites I listed above. It only updates once a day, around 4am PST IIRC, so for something like the ebates daily deals this week, they won't have the changes until a few hours after ebates makes them, but it's a great starting point to get you in the right direction...you can always double-check your favorite site(s) directly before deciding to which one to use.

Honestly, I also have only used ebates so far for the same reason!  I've seen a lot of people here on Beauty Talk mention MrRebates though, but I haven't tried them myself so can't vouch for it. 

I PM-ed you @lidovicky

Not a beauty deal, but it is one I haven't seen posted anywhere and I know a lot of you ladies love cute accessories too!  You can get 20% off regular-priced items at KateSpade.com with code MDAY17 (good through 5/14)... plus today only they are one of the 15% cashback sites on Ebates!

With 20% off and counting the cashback bonus, I was able to snag a cute wallet I've been eyeing for $68 (down from regular price of $100)  🙂

Rebecca Minkoff Online Sample Sale. @veronika23 no green/blue iridescent bags but the iridescent trifold is marked down and there's an opal bag I'm thinking about. 

rebeccaminkoff dot com/online-sample-sale-2017/

Ooh thanks! I've been eyeing a pair of earrings. I love her jewelry!

Thanks 🙂  checking this out now! I wonder if the camera bag is in there 😄

ETA: Which opal bag are you looking at?

@veronika23 The MAB tote but idk, I'm not crazy about any of the styles. I wish it came in an Elle or Reagan

@shimmerbait  cool cool! Not super crazy about the styles too.  Wish she had bigger bags with that type of material!

1 Reply
testing