Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Anonymous Insider

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

@imbeautiful Great picks!! Even though some items were sold out I think you are going to be very happy with everything you got!! Way to score a deluxe size of stunner - major win, I LOVE that highlight!!! 🙂

i have the metallic purple bag from last holidays its beautiful 🙂 

For tea lovers just in time for Mother's Day at Lupicia.  I'm going to get it in person, but you can order it online. It's inspired by La Belle Époque (“The beautiful Era” 1871-1914) is a period in which new culture and arts had flourished in France, especially in Paris.

22002209.jpg

Lupicia has wonderful teas! 

@meecheroo  I love this!  Thanks!

@meecheroo Thank you so much for posting this! A family friend's birthday is coming up and this looks perfect for her. 🙂

Also, I've never heard of this tea brand before. Are they really good?

Yeah, I get a lot of tea there. I like it because they specialize in Japanese tea and even tells you where in Japan it comes from.  I'm not sure if it's the same selection online, but the one in the store is very nice and lots of different types of green teas.

Thanks for the info! I ended up getting this. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

I want to get the tarte deal but I'm worried sick of picking the wrong items. I've not bought much from them in the last couple of years. I have no idea what's good and what falls short. Would anyone be willing to help me so I don't over research and end up  with nothing ? I'm also worried of picking the wrong foundation color 😞 Here's a picture of myself, any advice on which foundation to pick and what color? Sorry for all the questions, I would very much appreciate the help.

IMG_3130.JPG

Have you tried using one of the online foundation matchers? You input your shade in what you wear and it tells you similar. I sometimes use it in reverse - ie put in what I'm looking at purchasing and see what results it brings up (and compare how similar I am to those) -- I don't have a specific link, just Google foundation match finder and you will get some options 

And tbh I don't think you can go terribly wrong with this promo. Most of the items they have up are pretty darn amazing. I think the only Tarte product I've tried and not loved is the Tarteist Mascara, which isn't on the list for this deal 🙂

@imbeautiful You look like fair-light neutral or light sand. Tarte's lip products are all quite nice. Even the matte lipsticks are less drying than competitor's. Clay pot shadow liners can be used as shadow or liner, which is nice. Lights, Camera, Lashes is a nice, natural, clump-free mascara. The splashes one is waterproof.

Anonymous Insider

@imbeautiful I agree with the advice above. I also looked up the product I was interested in for foundation and looked up swatches. I have used the Tarte full coverage powder foundation and liked it very much (its definitely not full coverage however if your use to FULL coverage liquid foundation) I haven't heard many good things about the gel foundation personally - I know a few people love it but I think your safer with either the full coverage powder foundation or the confidence creamy powder foundation (thats what I ordered). I think your safer with a powder foundation on color as well, even if it doesn't match perfectly you will be alright. If your don't know your undertone (cool or warm) go with natural. I even hold my arm up to the powder pictures to judge too. I would definitely stick with the light or fair (I suggest the first one Fair Neutral or Fair Light Neutral based on your picture - use your best judgement between the two if you go with the confidence powder with the BB's or Fair Light Neutral / Light Sand in the full coverage powder same type of shades in the other formulas). They are great for quick makeup days, just dab the powder all over the face, spot conceal and boom!! The purple mascara is very good - lights, camera lashes, you can't go wrong, I also own the gifted mascara in the wood, its great too. I would go for one of the lipsticks or the glosses in a shade you like - they are all very good products (the lip crayons do have a mint scent and taste FYI). With Tarte you can't really go wrong, they are such neutral shades and tones anything can work!! I have a hard time with mattes on my lips so I went with a lipstick...all of the ones on the promo are great, same with the glosses so like I said go with your gut on a color or look up swatches/lip swatches. The brushes are all a win so your set their too. I would say the same with the blushes (they are some of my favorites) exposed is offered and its a great neutral blush on any skin tone...as ClassicallyFab said the liners can be used as liner or a shadow base. You can't go wrong with black for liner (and pick up the brush if you don't have one) I bought the white to use as an eye shadow base for light pastel colors, but the sparkly shades will look great on the lid by themselves too!! I really hope we helped, this is a great deal - a perfect time to pick out some new items to try - its like your only paying for one and getting seven!! Don't forget to use the code for $10 off!! Its listed on the next page, just copy and paste!! Let us know what you decide to do - skip it or jump on it!! Have a great weekend, XO 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Here is the code again just in case... Retailmenot  $10 off code: 5HBNJ9L9VQ

Thanks again to @ClassicallyFab for posting it!!!

new Sephora BI points rewards are up! 

2 new bags were added to the Tarte Make Your Own Kit.

Anonymous Insider

@ClassicallyFab I saw that...the minute AFTER I placed my order 😛 Story of my life!! Oh well, I still like the first bag I ordered the best. Too bad we can't pick up a second, such a good deal!!!

Aww, haha. I so don't need anything in this kit after all these Spring sales but not buying has had me checking if things are still in stock this whole day... because the temptation is real! Lol. 

Only few days left, Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid is on sale for $19 (reg $29). You can get $10 off first time order with  referral goo dot gl/9lh41o . You pay $9 + 3 samples + free shipping. 

Just ordered!  I needed to get another bottle so this worked out great!

For more information about Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid :  This gentle, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant rapidly unclogs pores, diminishes the appearance of wrinkles, and improves skin tone for unbelievably smooth, radiant, firmer-looking skin. Anti-Aging, Blackheads, Enlarged Pores, Redness, Wrinkles For All Skin Types 2% BHA unclogs & diminishes enlarged pores Clinically proven to hydrate, brighten, & smooth fine lines Use up to twice daily after cleansing & toning skin
2 Replies
testing