Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

@StephaniLynn Interesting. I may just get a little something just to see.

I have. My experience was as a buyer, and it was overall positive. I don't particularly love that you can't see the actual photo you're buying, you just have to trust the description of "percentage full" and "good/excellent/etc". But i did feel the descriptions were accurate, maybe even on the safe side (I bought an "80% use" that looked to have been used once).

I think a lot of people can't deal with the idea of used makeup, but as someone with a master's in science myself, I'm not at all uncomfortable with buying items I know can be sterilized (basically, if it's pressed powder form, it's easy to clean, and clean quite thoroughly - foundations, nah, I wouldn't trust Glambot with that).

I had read many horror stories of selling to them and I wouldn't recommend that. They basically give you around 10% of the price per item. It's actually fair if you consider that they run 50% off sales, but I don't think everyone is ready to accept consignment prices.

Thanks. Yeah, I agree that foundation wouldn't be a great thing to buy. The idea of the site is a bit intriguing. I looked quickly, and found an eyeliner that I bought yesterday for $22 for $4.40 on glambot. It's a dramatic price difference. 🙂 My old/ unused makeup goes to my little girl, anyway, so I was most curious from a consumer standpoint. ❤️

DDG (direct)

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.20.30 PM.png

Anonymous Insider

I don't know if this was already posted. I saw @ClassicallyFab's post and it reminded me.  Gilt City has $30 voucher for Estee Lauder direct.Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.02.38 PM.png

If you guys have a nordies rack nearby, go check! Mine had a bunch of Burberry eyeshadows and foundation at 30% off! I didnt buy any though because of my makeup low buy 😉

Thanks for the tip! I swung by one in the Chicago area this AM. They had select colors of the discontinued sheer eyeshadow and a bunch of nail polish. I didn't see any foundation, but was happy to grab two eyeshadows .. Chestnut and Gold Trench.

Omg omg omg! My fingers are crossed. My nordies usually doesn't get awesome stuff like this. 

@pinyo @annypoo Honestly, mine is usually lame as well and also has the usual Urban Decay, NYX, and random junk that people don't want lol but I wandered over and tada! There were two shades of foundation that I saw (01 and 10), and also 4 eyeshadows... I think they were Chestnut, Gold Trench, some sorta shimmery grey and also a matte taupe! 

@sabrinas @pinyo I checked mine today and didn't see any. Is it where the regular makeup is?

Probably? I haven't gone to the store yet so I wouldn't know for certain. I would just ask a worker, they'd know better 🙂 

@sabrinas I called the NR near my work, and they had them! She said she'd put them on hold for me even though they normally don't! I'm suppose to be on a low buy too...but it's a nice deal! 

@pinyo Mine usually doesn't either. We get the normal discontinued Urban Decay, Smashbox, Stila, etc. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have some Burberry

ill cross my toes for you too!

This is not a beauty deal.. but I recently ordered these bralettes off of Costco . com and OMG .. these are legit 10/10 comfortable and are super flattering! Anyway, it is quite a deal: DKNY 2 for 16$.. 

🙂

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 4.19.45 PM.png

At Old Navy. TODAY ONLY!!! Online and in-stores!

OldNavy

If you go in store you get free flip flops on $35.

There's 30% off most of the site too! I scored some leggings for $5 yesterday.

I live near an outlet and they have an ON there but I didn't see my size..so I bought it online! Unfortunately their flip flops don't work for me...I am a size 11W. Everything is always too small! 😞

Estée Lauder direct. I chatted with customer service, and the The Mattifier Shine Control Perfecting Primer+ Finisher is (.17 oz. / 5ml tube) and the DayWear Matte Oil-Control is (.17 oz./5ml).

IMG_0925.PNG

For comparison, the full size primer is 30 ml, and the full size lotion is 50 ml. I have both full size products. Lotion is very lightweight, yet I haven't found it very mattifying. The primer is good.keeps foundation in place, and definitely mattifies.

Bath and Body Works

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 11.57.57 PM.png

Stack-able w/

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 11.58.11 PM.png

testing