Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Ladies Marshalls had too faced pallettes and breakfast at tiffanys OPI polish packs for $14.99

Just btw, a friend told me he read an article that says we shouldn't be planting those cheerios flowers. Apparently they're an invasive species (maybe based on where you live), so it could do more damage than help. You may want to look into this more since I haven't researched it, but I wanted to give a heads up to people just in case it is true/ matters to potential planters 🙂 

I'm always kind of bummed because I can't have too many flowers around the house because I'm allergic to bees:(

Beekeeper and garden center employee here, it is absolutely true those could contain invasive species for your area.  Best thing to do is if you have a local garden center or extension office, ask them what to plant.  Weed by hand if you can, if you must use pesticides follow package directions and apply sparingly in the evening when humidity is low and there is no chance of rain.  If your budget allows, support local and organic agriculture.  So happy to see so much support for bees here.

Good to note, bees love the flowers from a big pot or two of herbs just as much as any free wildflower seeds.  Pretty tasty for the humans as well.

Wow!  Do you keep bees as a hobby?  Sounds fascinating!

Thank you for the great advice!  @orangechiffon

Thanks for the heads up!  @pinyo

I think it is worth checking if the wildflowers are safe for your area and not banned by your state or region before planting them (i.e. Not deemed invasive or noxious).  Luckily, after looking at the list, the flowers in the Cheerios packets should do well in my area.  

My daughter actually wrote a grant for and received wildflower seeds and plants for her school when she was in 5th grade and we helped her do a ton of research and even attended lectures and classes in our local area with her and her teacher sponsor.  We still get really excited when we drive past her old school and see the wildflower area and gardens that she organized a bunch of students, parents and teachers to create.  🙂

@Tamara76 I would be so proud as a parent!! We need more parents to give our are children a chance to make a difference and help them do it, great memories!! How great to be able to drive by something so pretty she was a part of and had parents that supported her!! 

@imlostagain Awwwww - Thanks!  I totally agree!  💗💗💗

good point, I had not heard that about the cheerios seeds. also I got some sort of similar "free seed" packet a while ago but it didn't say what was in it, just "wildflowers". so I don't feel like planting those, as you said they could be invasive, but also they could be the type that won't grow at all where I live, and honestly I don't want to plant mystery seeds. yeah seems odd to not properly label a seed packet but that's what I got!

Do you still have it? 

At Sugarfina- buy 4 small cubes, get 1 free with code "luckysweets."

03_09_17-Shop-and-Get-Lucky_LG-A-min.png

At Neiman Marcus, using code "charm30" for 30% off.

Bissinger's Paper Mache Easter Egg filled with chocolate covered caramels.  Was $25, $17.50 with code and free shipping.

NMQ58P4_mu.jpg

Take 25% off all green treatments and cleansers from GLAMGLOW with the code LUCKY. Promo ends 3/18 at 11:59 PT. gg_offers_st_patricks_day_promo_1320x280.jpg

At Bdellium Tools direct:

C7I_Eb4W4AElETa.png

Per Bite Beauty‘s IG:

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 2.51.16 PM.png

Need a green lipstick for St. Patrick’s Day, or another color made just for you? Swing by any of our @biteliplab locations this weekend March 17- 19th to get a free mini Amuse Bouche in Kale with any purchase! Available at our San Jose, San Francisco, and Toronto locations (NYC is currently closed for a refresh). While supplies last!

Wishing they had a Chicago location! I hope one of you can stop in store for this.

Why couldn't they have a pop up store while they refresh the store in NYC?

I hate my life. I use to live in sf and Sj and NYC when the lab wasn't there! Now I'm nowhere near one! Soon enough...

IMG_5566.PNG

For anyone who shops at American Eagle Outfitters. 100 bonus points = a 15% off coupon sent next month (though, they usually "bump you up" one level, so it could be a 20% off one) 

REN direct:

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 3.16.53 PM.png

testing