Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Stuff like this is scary!!!!!!! I got this PM too.  Thank you for writing this to keep everyone aware! 😄

Guess I'm not special enough, I didn't get the message thank goodness because I definitely would have clicked on the link 😄

Nevermind...she's slowly making her rounds...

It disgusts me that people would intentionally try to scam others. It's just plain wrong. 

I just got this pm too. The username is not BOLD. I think we are ok if we didn't open. Those that did, I agree run spyware asap and monitor CC info.

Ugh I was probably the only dummy that did 😣. One more reason to watch my cc (after the blue mercury heads up) I should just request a new card.

@Anewxa you ain't no "dummy".  Many of us (myself included) would've  clicked on it.  Thankfully you were one of the first to report which made us all aware, so give yourself some credit Heart 

awe thanks @ZombieMetroAnt ❤

@Anewxa There was a blue mercury problem? 😞

Don't feel bad you clicked, I would have too if I didn't read this ! 

I did get a new cc after someone tried to charge 3k in air bnb on my card.   Scammers everywhere sadly.

Someone mentioned a security breech for BM..I placed an order in the last 2 months so I am just being careful..though I do not have a profile so I should be ok. Now I could be wrong or read it incorrectly but I supposed better to be safe than sorry @luvgloss13 

I just got this pm too... so I guess the mods didn't see this... @ZannaBT  @HilaryBT  @KatieBT

Got the same message from this spammer! UGHHHH @katiebt @candacebt 

I received the same one and reported it. Then I blocked the user from sending me any more messages. 

ETA: I didn't open the link but I am still concerned....

@KatieBT

Good idea to block @angel7594.

@Anewxa I did! Sry to steal your post.. took me a while to write this up

no worries @whitepolkydots but shoot I was scrolling down on my phone while readibg and clicked it in error..it did open to sephora mobile site but now I am super worried.. I am not techy enough to know If my info is vulnerable now. Help @KatieBT @CandaceBT or any MODS..

@DaneeBT  @StephanieBT

@Anewxa It went to the Sephora app? That's so weird.. a part of me hopes it's just an affiliate link that a newbie hoped someone would use.. The other part of me says to be safe like niki172 is suggesting. Monitor your cards closely and change your Sephora password (ideally on another browser / incognito mode)

@whitepolkydots it opens to a mobile version since thats default on my phone for most sites. It opened to the product page for the abh palette (contour not renaissance oddly). I just had a techy friend check the link she says it might be just an affiliate link.  Still I changed my pw and deleted all personal info. 

I would still feel better once a mod gives me the clear on this. 

Run any anti virus/malware app that you may have on your phone. After that delete any card info that you may have on your accounts and reset your password for everything! @Anewxa

I ran the anti virus and came out clear..deleted card into and cleared out my browser privacy cache/cookies etc.. changing pasawords now what an annoyance 😐 and such a silly error on my part ugh. Thank for the help @niki172

I know it's a pain in the butt, however it's better than dealing with credit card companies when your info gets stolen. Don't forget any banking info as well @Anewxa. It's better to be safe than sorry.

So true..I been through it so it really is a pain. Looks like who ever it waa sent to to alot of ladies here. 

testing