Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Kovalevka, I think you mean Blue Mercury not SpaceNK. Blue Mercury has a "Treats" section. I don't know tha SpaceNK does.

Anonymous Insider

21 orders to get GWPs is excessive, and then there were what, 10 orders at Blue Mercury, or was it 14 and you returned 10 of them because you didn't get your samples?!? I am tired of seeing pages and pages of postings and ranting about making multiple orders at various companies for GWPs and I don't blame them for making cancelations and omitting samples. Multiple small orders for GWPs is wasteful in terms of boxes/packaging, and not to mention costly for the company. It really seems like you are taking advantage of these companies to get more samples. That may be OK for you, but ultimately this type of behavior drives up costs and could lead to companies discontinuing their generous shipping and GWP policies and increasing prices for everyone. Its nice to share deals, but can you please stop clogging up this thread with your multiple posts about not receiving your samples and having orders canceled, as well as attention seeking posts about deals you posted before others! Sometimes deals get repeated and this is a good thing, especially when the original posts get lost in pages of people's rantings.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 5.38.22 PM.png
Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 5.40.46 PM.png
Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 5.43.15 PM.png
Anonymous Insider

Reading entirely comment.. everyone has their right. Look like you're here beside deals you want to get more ❤️ and likes. I think I know you from beginning of this year. @Anonymous

@Anonymous I definitely see where you are coming from, and I validate your feelings. Thank you for sharing your feedback. However, I also want to voice my opinion and that is I don't think kovalevka shouldn't share her concerns with us. I honestly see far more "abusive practices" than just placing several orders. For example, on this thread I often saw people taking advantage of website glitching, and, for example, ending up with 83 GWPs from blue mercury because of website error. Yet, I would not judge them because everybody I believe should draw the line for themselves what they consider an abuse of store policy and what not. Every order is entitled to samples, and if 21 people did the order, every one of them would end up with samples anyway. But, if one person takes advantage of the glitch and orders 83 GWPs that the store's marketing team clearly did not reserve for that one person, I see it as far worse scenario. Also, kovalevka probably did more good to many of those companies by advertising their deals (she puts many new deals, she does not only complain), then "bad" by making many orders. But again, that's just my opinion, and again, I do value yours and thank you for sharing it!

I would see it as theft. If you know it is in fact a glitch and use it anyway, you know you are doing something that is wrong. If someone leaves their front door wide open, it doesn't make it okay for you to go grab a bunch of stuff. I do think people should be able to make multiple orders in a week though, especially in cases where new products come out etc. 21 may be a bit excessive,  but it is within the rules of the store policy. Returning all those orders though makes me wonder if the products being returned will be able to be sold again or if they will be trashed and wasted.

Anonymous Insider

Disagree. It's too harsh to call people theft unless you're one of them. @grayreb

I disagree. It's very easy for a company to write "limit 2/household" or whatever. If they don't include that, then they need to hold up their end of the deal. 1 person making 21 orders or 21 people making 1 order each should be treated the same without that disclaimer.

Over what period of time were the 21 orders?

@kovalevka I can understand where they are coming from. I think its pretty obvious to them when people Make small purchases only for freebies which is why they either cancelled orders or didnt even include freebies for you.  I hope you understand, as they were able to see 21 orders from you! Thats a lot and puts up red flags!

You had 18 missing gwp's just from this company?!

My overall experience with them has always been positive, with no order mistakes.

you made 21 orders?!? dang girl..

Do you guys ever get the feeling that a company is tired of seeing your name for their deals lol

My last spacenk order, which was $6 from the sales section (+free shipping) was not packaged very nicely and was missing my samples. It was around my...6th order? Idk. My first order was for $54 so come on guys. Y'all can change your policy if you want *shrug*

I feel you @Alicehoopz @orangeya !! I'm getting tired of Bluemercury also. No promising on that site. Now, I just hope my SpaceNK orders are not damaged.

PS:

Spoiler
Only 1 time I purchased $9 on SpaceNK. Now, we're shopping at Shu Umera. 

Oh yeah, the supposedly "damaged goods"? That's so weird, it doesn't say damaged anywhere in the description.

My order wasn't damaged, it was just not packaged the way the rest are (in the ..White paper bubble packaging? Y'all know.) And one eyeshadow was upside down inside the box..Looks unswatched but I still found it odd

Every sale item has this disclaimer on the Space NK website:

"Some items have been discounted due to damaged packaging, however all physical products remain intact. Unfortunately, all sale items are non-returnable to stores."

I think it's opened. Maybe noone swatched it yet but it's still marked as damaged good? 

Word. That makes sense. I feel like spacenk should be a bit more transparent about their damaged goods. BUT-- I still love what I got. I keep going back for more $3 lord and berry eyeshadows because they are seriously good!

I'm serious. Many stores presale these products just fine. It's just you don't work there so you don't know. But it's mixed among us. 

Ohhh yeah, I feel like that too. "Her again?! She doesn't need more samples, she's got enough out of us". *Cough cough* looking at you Sephora & Blue Mercury.

I'm scared to order from bluemercury again after seeing that happen to others! Taking my two successful orders and running lol. And I feel I order from Sephora so much less than other sites because honestly their deals are mediocre in comparison haha!

testing