Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

I am in the same boat. I placed three orders earlier in the evening that night, and none of them have shipped yet. I did create an account, so I have logged in on their website to check status, and even there it still says "In Progres." At least that is not "Cancelled!" I'm holding out hope!

I only placed one order, but mine hasn't shipped yet either.

Update: Ole Henriksen is sending me a replacement bag! Best CS ever! Thanks, @mdgraz @ChicDabbler

In need of advice! I just got my GWP from Ole Henriksen (valued at over $100!), but the makeup bag that came with it is moldy on the inside 😞 Do you ladies think it's worth contacting CS about it? Do companies usually send replacements for GWPs if they are damaged? 

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated it!

@mdgraz @ChicDabbler Thanks, I think I will contact them! I tried wiping the mold off, but it's grown into the lining, so I don't think the bag can be saved 😞

Yes, it's worth contacting customer service. They would want to know about this. Ole has excellent customer service. 

Companies usually don't send replacements for GWPs, but Ole Henriksen has pretty nice CS so I'd say at least use live chat and ask if they replace GWP. Wouldn't hurt.

Fixing to place an order at Nordstrom. Any deals/gwps?

@StephaniLynn Depending on what you are purchasing! GWPs have definitely slowed down since the new years but there are a few on the website. I don't think there is any unadvertised deal that is not published on the GWP page (on nordstrom dot com), except for Tom Ford Private Blends decanters. Oh, and promo code CHANEL (DS of mascara and primer) may still work. 🙂

@NarNarNars Re-ordering the Mac Selena lipsticks since I got a cancelation email from Mac. It's always good to ask about deals before missing them lol:)

@StephaniLynn Ooh best of luck with Selena! If your order is over $100 you can use a promo code JOY to get DSes and a holiday sock; otherwise, CHANEL may be the only thing that works. What a fun haul!

Don't know if anyone posted this, but Jo Malone direct, use code "Embrace" for a deluxe size Tuberose Angelica. 

I guess this can be categorized as a "deal"- I saw there are videos on YouTube instructing people how to dumpster dive at Ulta to get free beauty items!  Gross.

I've seen those videos before.  I think it's super cute when the kids get all excited about what they find.  Most of the videos I've seen are kids like 16-26.  It's not hurting anyone and if they're sanitizing it enjoying it, good for them.  It's not for me, but if you wipe off whatever and sanitize it, I think it's fine. 

I would honestly rather use a palette that was dumpster dived from an Ulta than I would a tester palette at Sephora.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You speak the truth about the testers!  It is a shame to throw away unused items.

And so many of the items are still sealed! It drives me insane the type of waste that is going on at ULTA.

Assuming the items are sealed and sanitary, they should totally donate it. I heard some places like to receive makeup. 

One of those videos came up in my recommended one day, and I actually watched it. Now, I occasionally get more. Of the 3-4 I've seen, all but one said they (men/women combos) were throwing out the used makeup. One said she was going to sanitize it. She is the one who grossed me out from ever watching again. It's too bad, because watching could have easily been a guilty pleasure.

It saddens me how much brand new stuff Ulta throws out. They should donate that to shelters. 

Uh-oh @notcreative  you've been marked now! 

I know Bobbi Brown donates their lightly used returns to shelters, etc.  I wonder how they manage to sanitize.  Supposedly isopropyl alcohol will do the trick, but I'm too chicken to trust that.

If Bobbi Brown donates used things, there is no reason Ulta could not donate new things. Although I have traded used items with other BTers, I am weary of how well alcohol can clean anything. Unless I trusted the person, I would not trade a used item with him/her. Hopefully, Bobbi Brown does an extremely good job sanitizing. 

That is why I am so scared to buy makeup from people on ebay or other sites.   I'm already such a major germaphobe that I can't even touch testers in store, nevermind the idea of using an old tester fished out of a dumpster.  Makes me want to vomit.... 😞

You must have watched the video I saw (unless there are multiples who think it is okay to keep and use testers). I was at Ulta one day and wanted to swatch a blush. The tester in that shade was missing, so I asked if they would start a new one. The lady said, "there was one here a little while ago. Someone must have taken it again." That is beyond disgusting. If you're stealing from a store, why steal the tester? 

testing