Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Thank you for this post, it just reminded me that I ordered from Skindinavia over a month ago and haven't received my package yet! It completely slipped my mind with all the holiday shopping.

On the deal front - Skindinavia has this deal (2 free sprays + free shipping) pretty much constantly. Their "48 hour sales" come up every couple of days, so you can almost always get this. If you don't see it when you want to order, I'd just check again the next day. They also usually do a 20% off sale every month or so, so if you're able to hold off your order until the next one comes up, I'd recommend it. The last one ended on Jan 1, but I'd expect the next 20% sale to come up again at the beginning of Feb.

@AshleyYVR, thank you so much for this info!

I thought I had just gotten lucky when I stumbled upon it as I was in need of a replenish. 

Next time, I will definitely wait for the 20% off.

Thanks again for the tips..

Also, bummer about the delay in getting your goods. Are they usually faster with the shipping or should i expect a delay as well?

The sudden realization of "where's my order!?" happened to me so many times in the past that I now keep a note on my phone of every placed order, shipped order, and I delete the order when I receive it. I highly recommend doing this if you make smaller orders often, those are especially the ones that end up mysteriously not shipped!

My notes look like this:

Karuna - 4 masks SHIPPED

Tarte - mascara

Sephora - sbox palette SHIPPED

And so on if that makes sense! 

That's a smart idea @Alicehoopz. Not gonna lie, the main reason I don't do that is because I really enjoy receiving a package I forgot about - it's like a surprise present (that I selected and paid for myself lol). But that random moment of joy is probably not worth any lost orders, so I should probably just start using your system 😄

I started doing this in November because I placed so many orders from so many different places I couldn't keep track.  Although I've known for some time I have beauty shopping addiction it was then I realized I was out of control and needed to simmer down!  Still working on it ...

@Alicehoopz I am not going to lie, I keep a spreadsheet of my orders, status(ordered, shipped, and delivered) I keep track of tracking numbers and estimated day of delivery. 

That's just smart lol! I need to step my game up!

I've always wanted to try this, but I cannot place any orders right now. It is really nice to see you posting again. I hope you had a great holiday season.

Thank you so much for such sweet words, @notcreative.

Wishing you & the family a happy and healthy new year.

(I cross-posted this on the sales thread.)

Get it now! Formula X (discontinued) colors for $5 in the sales section!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.40.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.40.16 PM.png

Hello! 

Im hoping someone could share the contact of a Nordstrom SA? I want to purchase a few Tom ford lipsticks and would love the hook up with gwps I see many share over the years. 

Thank you! 

@pinyo PM me if you are still looking for a contact! 🙂

So much Bobbi Brown at Marshall's!

Also, check the sale sections--I saw Philosophy holiday sets for $6.50-8.50, plus lots of Origins, OPI, Clinique, and Estee Lauder sets marked down. But, my low buy stopped me from actually making a purchase. I was hoping the MAC brush sets had been marked down, but unfortunately, they're still $40.

IMG_8948.JPG

I grabbed another FX ombre nail kit ($4.50), an FX "the system" kit ($6), Boscia Tsubaki exfoliating powder ($12), another BareMinerals primer ($4), and some Korres nail polish today. I'm loving all these beauty steals at Marshall's!

I almost picked up that Dr. Brandt Avengers set yesterday, along with a Butter top coat set, but I just wasn't obsessed, so I put it all down. 😄 Really would like to see the Bobbi Brown sets go down more!

Me, too! That greige set would have been mine if it were $30 instead of $40. The lip pencils have been tempting me for weeks, as well. My office is about a five minute walk to Marshall's, so I'm there a LOT! I will definitely be stalking the sales at least three times a week.

New freebie from Allure - just fill out the form on their site to get this item at 1pm EST.  Right now, buying it is the only option on the site:

allure.JPG

Spoiler
@NancieNano Heart @MrsLisha Heart

allure DOT com / review/clinique-acne-solutions-clinical-clearing-gel-review?mbid=nl_tryit_blast&CNDID=33654925&spMailingID=10158408&spUserID=MTMzMTM0ODM3OTM3S0&spJobID=1080187116&spReportId=MTA4MDE4NzExNgS2

There are limited quantities, so be quick 00000.JPG

I'm confused, so is this a freebie or do we have to purchase the mini? 

@pinyo It's a freebie. You just have to give your name and address for them to ship it to, along with two survey questions (around how much did you spend on beauty in the last month, and if you often get new products before your friends, or something to that effect). 

I'll have to try it again the next time something is offered. I went to the page around 9a PST, but the only button I was allowed to click was "buy now" 

IMG_3303.PNG

@pinyo, that is because the "try it" button did not go live until 1pm Eastern. Most of their giveaways are like this. Your best bet is to sign up for their emails and you will be notified the day of a deal telling you what time it goes live. Hope this helps.:)

p.s. These are legit. I have received several items from the Allure giveaways.

18 Replies
testing