Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

When Allure basically had a giveaway every month, I won/received lots of full size products.

Totally OT but I lurve your new avatar, @NancieNano 😄

Thanks @narnarnars!  Hope you and all are doing well. 🙂

Thank you for sharing, I was able to grab one earlier!

They must have "sold out" on all the samples as it said they had limited quantities. Earlier there was a "Try It" button next to the "Buy It" one.

Ahhh thanks for the clarification! I can't believe how quickly it went out! I checked it right when I got the email. Y'all are swift! Lol

Missed it!  But thanks anyway 😉 I get the emails too I just didn't check my email yet. 

@ZombieMetroAnt I got mine, thanks! How often does Allure do this? 

Also, is anyone signed up for any monthly beauty boxes? What do you recommend? I'm currently on the wait list for Sephora's Play! and noticed that Allure has one too. 

@stemchick

Spoiler
I love their box!  If you have a chance, check it out.  There's also a thread dedicated to subscription boxes that you may find useful:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/m-p/2653928#M107710

The Allure Try It program started a few months back but they're inventory runs out so fast, I've only managed to score a few items.  I think if you opted to receive their newsletter on the form, you should get their Beaut Blast email, which is where these offers are listed.  Hope that helps...

p.s. Sephora Play opened their subscription yesterday - don't wait to get an email from them, try subscribing again.  Many folks on the waitlist have mentioned that they haven't been notified when spots become available. 

@ZombieMetroAnt Thanks, this helps a lot! I'm going to check out the thread now 😄 

Thank you @ZombieMetroAnt!  Got it!

Thank you so much!

I noticed they changed it to 10am (Pacific) instead of 9am. I like this so much better (assuming they keep it this way), because I will have a better shot to get them.

Thank you@zombiemetroant!

Penhaligon's direct has select items on sale

Penhaligon's sale.png

Funny thing, I just realized I never hear about them here on BT, not even from the fragrance connoisseurs like @Mochapj. Are they not specially popular for some reason?

@wheeeee It's true. I was mainly wondering why they aren't popular in the forum. Their San Francisco boutique is very nice too 🙂

@Mochapj I totally understand what you mean. I have the same feeling for Bvlgari perfumes: I don't dislike them, but I just don't like them enough to wear them myself. It's interesting how perfumes (and scents in general) are such a personal experience, right? 🙂

@RIslander I also got into the mini perfume obsession. It's a real addiction, but soooooooo worthy it 😄 lol

their scent is not commercial, but not boutique either. somewhere in between. I like their lily of the valley. Just bought one ladie's mini set and one men's mini set plus 2 lip balms. Just enough $70 to get free shipping. I like buying mini perfumes these days just to try more stuff. 40ml for $60 sounds about right to me. 

@DaintyDiva I've written mini blurb reviews of a few penhaligons scents I tried last year but in general their style is not my cup of tea 😊

They are a very well known brand to perfume folks, though and quite old. I even stopped into their Paris boutique when I visited this summer to try and find 'the one' but it wasn't meant to be.

Penhaligon's is popular abroad.  They have boutiques in Las Vegas that are very generous with samples and the only place I have bought it in USA. 

Blue Mercury:

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 12.14.46 AM.png

Also GWP with $75:

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 12.28.36 AM.png

Some noteworthy items:

kiss-of-shine-lip-glace-collection-laura-mercier-736150152329-front_large.jpg

double-impact-eye-colour-collection-laura-mercier-736150152244-box_large.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 12.20.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 12.20.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 12.21.34 AM.png

Ulta is doing 5x points on all beauty services 1/8-1/28. 
It just so happens my hair appointment falls on the 20th. I'm loving the timing! 😄

testing