AllyKatVA

Blitzed Myself...

Oh Sephora, you tempt me so. I spent the last hour doing a cost/benefit analysis of ordering and getting the bag but paying for shipping (where is my flash offer??) and missing out on the 20% discount, and trying to hit as close to $25 as possible while getting something else I would use (of course everything on my list is $22 or $45+) without jacking up my total too much. My math teachers would be so proud. For the record, I decided that the Holly Jolly bag was worth the additional $11.95 spent (though I am still waffling on whether I should have gone with another nail color rather than the Sephora makeup wipes). My Libra brain is fried. No more ordering until the 20% sale! [Unless the Cinderella compact mirror comes back in stock. Then I'm throwing some elbows. :smileywink:]

hydee77

Re: Blitzed Myself...

I have an obsession for my points to come out to an even amount with my order.  While still maintaining a reasonable $25-$35ish amount for a promo. lol

knkate

I was so happy that it was for $25 instead of $35.  The blush (Illamasqua - Katie...hey, it's my name. I had to get it) I've been wanting was $26 so perfect.  Thank god for flash!

dolceloure

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It's such a comfort to know I'm not the only one who does things like this!! If I were a math teacher instead of a Spanish teacher, I'd write Sephora word problems for my students to solve...it would save me some time! :smileytongue:

hypnoticpoise

(0) Hearts

You guys are so funny, I was doing the same thing, I actually prefer this deal over the 20% off on items of $50 and below, it just seems like a superior deal.

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Aw, I think a lot of us did the same! I was sitting here last night doing the exact same thing and after two hours spent hemming and hawing, I hit enter on my purchase xD 

I ended up getting a bronzer that I probably could've saved on....and it definitely could've waited until the 20% off sale but I couldn't resist the prettiness of the blitz bags either!!! 

eboneezer

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know if you can choose a shade of the Smashbox CC? Or does it automatically come in light? 

mafan

(0) Hearts

I think it automatically comes in light.  Or whatever color they put in the set, which I believe is light.  And it's possible it could be substituted as well -- I think someone mentioned getting Stila CC cream in another thread.  But there aren't any special choices other than which bag when you choose a bag.

eboneezer

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much!

DST57

Haha it makes me feel so good to know someone else was doing the exact same thing I was! I kept telling myself no more until the sale, but then this started being talked about a few days ago and I was like GAH! I kept thinking and thinking and finally justified a small (exactly $25) purchase of a LE exclusive because of what ghkim says below...the perks in my case were worth more than the $5 of the 20% off next week.

And just to make you feel better, know that I was seriously thinking about this as I fell asleep the past two nights, in the shower this morning, etc :-) It was monopolizing the part of my brain capable of doing analytical thinking for a good two days!

ghkim

i hear ya. the way i figure, if i can hit pretty close to $25, then its worth getting a sample that i like, bc 20% of 25$ is 5$ which is less than the cost of a god sample like one of the blitz bags or a deluxe luxury item. with all the new promo codes working, i'm probably going to make a few $25-ish purchases. however, if its an item that costs, say $50 or more, then its better to use the 20% off code since 20% off would be $10 and that, to me, is better to have than a deluxe sample.

of course there's a number of other mind games you can play on yourself, like what about the free samples that are available this week vs next? what about if something goes out of stock? what if new awesome LE items come out later?

personally, i think if it weren't so complicated, shopping wouldn't be nearly as fun!

ragdoll4mom

(0) Hearts

Iknowitstoday...what a novel idea that math teachers should make math fun by pulling  out tubes of lipsticks, Sephora X, etc to grab the kids attention and kick things up a notch.  Guess we better throw in some candy or cologne vials for the guys.

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

Where do I find the info about the blitz bags? 

Bumblee

AllyKatVA

(0) Hearts

Look under Active Beauty Codes. I think the best pics and outline are around page 6 or 7 at this point.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Email about Blitz haven't been sent out here, but you can find info and pictures here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/ACTIVE-PROMO-CODES-6/td-p/716785

You might have to go back a page or two to look at the pictures.

iknowitstoday

I am so so glad I'm not the only one doing this!! MY ALGEBRA TEACHERS WOULD BE SCREAMING AT ME WHY COULDN'T YOU DO SO
MY CLASS! Money discounts and make up is just way too fun and it's easy to pay attention to what you doing

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • nathaliew
    • hydee77
    • theramenlover
    • eboneezer
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure