Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

[ Edited ]

Hey gift bag haulers-I know you are out there! If you are like me and feel compelled to purchase every department store and boutique gift bag event, this is the place to share your info, pictures, decisions, reviews and more.

I just went for the Bergdorf Goodman Be Beautiful bag and will post my picture down below in a little bit. There are more of these GWP bags coming up and I would love to discuss your favorites, what the gifts bags have or will contain. I even have the idea that we could possible negotiate swaps between the gift bags and potentially go in to share a bag (split the gift and $250 purchase) for example..Lots to discuss!

Dates-please post any info that you get and I will try to update

Neiman Marcus Beauty Event February 11th 2016- gift with purchase, gifts and buy in TBA

Space NK- TBA I believe it is coming up in February

Barney's Gift bag- February/March (there is already a thread for this specific event, so just mentioning it)

Let's gift it up!!!

Edit: if you got a gift bag and want to switch up, swap or stockpile your faves, head on over to this thread

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/The-Gift-Bag-Haul-Trading-Post/td-p/2559413

Re: Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

(0) Hearts

Going to check that out.  Thanks!

(0) Hearts

thanks!

(0) Hearts

Heard from my SA at Barneys (NYC) and learned that the Radical line is no longer carried in the store.  Still haven't seen the bag or learned about the step up gifts.  Between Radical and May Lindstrom not being a store option any longer, I am a little disappointed.

(0) Hearts

NARS is also no longer carried in the Madison store. 😥

@mpas Yes! I have  Barneys Bag info, contents, referral gifts from my sa and tons of into. Will post when I get the go ahead! Smiley Happy

Referral gift is very nice for presell. Very nice items!

(0) Hearts

ahhhh i hope this spring's bag is a good one!!  I've been underwhelmed with the past two gift bags...

I Know how you feel @Bstella 

The fact is companies are getting cheap!

Gifts are getting worse and worse . Sadly the money for gratis and customer gifts is being spent on social media influencers. The good freebies are going to them now, not the consumer and staff.

But that is another discussion! lol

In any case, my SA always offers a free full size item or two with ordering from her, so she tries to make up for it. Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

@luvgloss13 please please share the details as soon as you can ) I am so excited and cant wait!!!

[ Edited ]

Heard from an SA about the Barneys bag.  No bag specific details yet but @luvgloss13 is usually all over the contents.

Dates are March 7-11.  Buy in is $200.

EDIT: MAY LINDSTROM NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN STORE AT MADISON AVE

(0) Hearts

Oh no!  Gee, why do they do that?  I know the store closest to me does not have Colbert MD which I like.

(0) Hearts

I've been emailing my SA, too - Can't wait to see what's in the bag!  @mpas

The only problem I have with Barneys is that they seem to get new releases later than other big department stores... Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

Last year around this time Saks had a bag, has anyone heard anything???

(0) Hearts

There is a Saks bag and double points. Maybe it hasn't started yet? I got a notice though by snail mail. I'll try to post a pic if I can find it.

(0) Hearts

Dear Ladies! Who are planning to get Space NK Spring gift bag, could you help me a bit, please?

What is so awesome on Space NK  to order? I don`t want to buy something, which matches with Barneys, but at the moment I have less, that 250$ in my cart. Of course, there are items I love and wanna to buy, but price seems unreasonable (e.g. Tata Harper body oil for 94$).

Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!

So Im a big Mila Moursi user and Barney's carries them.  However, the ndulge program spacenk has isnt too bad, so I tend to use it when I can.  For the most part tho, they have very similar brands.  

For me, the rewards program tied with the fact I dont pay sales tax is a big winner in my book for spacenk.  However, barneys has more to offer selection wise.  You need a barneys cc to earn rewards with barneys.

It just depends on what exactly you are looking for.

(0) Hearts

I even don`t know what I want. Probably, skincare. I`m not very big make-up user. 

Space NK and Barneys have mostly the same stuff. But here's what I'm buying from Space NK:

I'm getting Sjal Cleanser, Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray x 2, By Terry Ombre Blackstar Frozen Quartz, By Terry Rouge Click Expert in #3, and Smith & Cult nail polish in Cut the Mullet.

For Barney's I'm planning on ordering things like May Lindstrom, Byredo (Other niche fragrances), Aesop, etc.

I think Barney's has more selection. So if you want lots of things, just get what you can get at Space Nk. And order the Barney's only at Barney's. Not sure if that makes sense. HTH.  

(0) Hearts

Sure it makes sense, thank you!

At this moment my list includes two bottles of shampoo, two Diptyque candles and self tanner. And Malin + Goetz SPF.

At Barney`s I`m planning to buy some Chanel lippies and Solution 10 cream, I think.

I need some May Lindstrom too, but I will buy it at CultBeauty.

Thank you very much for sharing Smiley Happy

Saks has...a cute bag with $150 purchase starting 2/13. Saw this in a catalog I received in the mail today. Yeah, I think I'll go with a GWP that comes with beauty products!

IMG_1384.JPG

(0) Hearts

There were some samples inside; nothing that great.  Mario Badescu, a toothpaste, and foils.

The bag is flimsy and has a strong odor. Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]

I hate Saks GWPs!  Even when they do advertise that samples are included, I've never received the full contents... ugh....

However, that bag is super cute!!!

ETA:   And they just mailed me a coupon for $50 off $200......