cutiecocolove

BEST IMPULSE BUY.

i bought the Buxom full on lip polish and it is wonderful!

it has my name. the color Jane is so awesome. its like a berry color. 

my friend and i went and got ourselves lipglosses that matched our name. went up 21 points! yessssssss....

dolceloure

Re: BEST IMPULSE BUY.

Tocca Violette mini. Never smelled it, but added it to my shopping cart to get that PACKUP promo code. I'm soooo glad I did! It's sweet and flowery (violets, obviously) but so subtle and delicate, which I love b/c I'm not terribly fond of heavy florals. And now I'm lustfully eyeing the full-size bottle. :smileytongue: 

mariharris

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish.... this stuff is amazing and I continue to buy it! It really does give you beautiful skin. Also, Make Up For Ever's Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation... I love this powder foundation! I bought it on a whim after having to return the Bareminerals Pressed Powder Foundation, the SA sold me the wrong colour, so I opted for this one and I am so happy I did!

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

Yes to the LM Face Polish.  This is my HG exfoliate.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

LM skin polish is really the best physical exfoliator! 

I normally stay away from physical exfoliants because I feel like the amount of job done isn't worth the amount of irritation it leaves on the skin but this is definitely a keeper 

ayen85

(0) Hearts

the bourjois rouge velvet lipcolors! They were on sale last week at asos,instead of paying $17 for each tube i got them at $13. It's expensive for a drugstore brand but they are amazing,they are actually better than the highend lipcreams iv tried..

bad823

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Today, while standing in the check out at Kohls, I picked up the Lorac Pocket Pro palette in the grab & go section right in front of the registers.  I've wanted this little palette for a while.  They also had Lorac bronzers, and The Balm shadow trios. 

beauty4ashes

NARS Matte Multiple
ITEM # 1577444 SIZE 0.26 oz
COLOR Altai - rose bronze

BIB:  It's the first contour color ever that I'm able to use by itself without mixing other shades!

I didn't need it. It was just there looking at me. 

Joannimation

This was a lifesaver for me when I was on my cruise and forgot to bring eyeshadow! So versatile and definitely a summer travel staple :smileyhappy:

cutiecocolove

I KNOW!

that happened to me a lot. it just sits there with big cow eyes saying BUY ME! BUY ME!

m3rma1d

LOL "cow eyes"

LariTheLoud

Best impulse buy: the Marc Jacobs siren palette. Very recent but I'm happy with it! :smileyvery-happy: Glad it was purchased!

Also Hourglass Radiant Magenta was a quick draw impulse when it was first released, and it's still one of my favorite blushes.

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

Lari I just got that same MJ palette on impulse too!

It caught my eye because A: it looks like a children's thing of watercolors, and B: it's called The Siren. Aka MERMAID hellooooooooo! :smileyhappy: 

Reviews online suck for it. All I saw was "powdery" and "no pigment". Sad!

The other day I swatched it in the store not really planning to buy, bbbuuuuuttttt those reviews were all wrong. Stuff is sooooo velvety and pigmented! In my basket it went. As if I needed another eyeshadow palette. :smileytongue:

LariTheLoud

EEEEK! I hope you love it, m3rma1d! I really think the online reviews of it saying that it had 'no pigment' are people who had the wrong expectations. There is plenty of pigment in these shadows, and they are very silky, velvety, and easy to blend. But the Siren palette is not meant to have the same 'punch' of vibrancy that Urban Decay Electric Palette has. I suspect the reviewers that did not like the palette wanted a rainbow Marc Jacobs version of the Electric Palette -- and instead they got a silkier shadow palette that produces more of a sophisticated watercolor effect, but can be built to intense shades if you wish.

I love my Electric Palette to death (I'm pretty sure all of BT knows this by now, lol!), but the texture of the MJ palette is just outstanding in comparison.

m3rma1d

Yeah, apples & oranges. I love both!

SDdenm

I looked up dupes for this palette on Temptalia for the two colors in this palette that I really like and one of them is in the Sleek Sunset palette and the other is Midnight Swimming from the Sephora Collection (I posted a smokey eye look with this last weekend). Score! Haha 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Yes, the two shades are quite similar to the Sleek Sunset palette! You could definitely mimic some MJ palette looks with those shades. Warm tones look so gorgeous on you, so I love watching you play with your Sleek palettes. :smileyhappy:

Blackwhiskey

Hi, I'm Jennifer, and I am a flirty fuchsia. :smileyvery-happy: It's actually a nice color, I might order it, lol. 

heartsmyface

I love buxom gloss!  I got the leah one first cause of my name!   I also picked up my friends names for gifties! You can't go wrong gifting lipgloss! 

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

i did too! my friend has two names that we call her. her first name is Maria but we call her Erica, and both were there so i chose the one best suited for her, Maria. Its funny how our first names sometimes match up perfectly with the lipgloss.

MK89

(0) Hearts

Oh how is the Maria one? That's the one I would get for myself :smileytongue:

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

its really nice. i bet you will look fabulous with it. (not that you dont look fabulous without it)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 84 replies
  • 119 hearts
  • 41 in conversation
    • kenny
    • waterbaby1981
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • kso1225
    • nightknight