DTalksAll

August Hauls

Since the Haul threads have so many posts & there's going to be a lot of August hauls with the new pt perks & bonus point promotions I figured we should start a new one for just August hauls :smileywink: 

Here are mine so Far:

BeautyBar Sample Society Box

August BB.jpg

Combined Sephora Haul 

August Sephora.jpg

Products Purchased: 

- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in-Conditioner

- Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Anti-Breakage Spray

- Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser

- Sephora by OPI gelshine in "Already Famous"

100 pt Perks (the only reason why I made 2 small purchases)

- Lancome Eye-Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate

- Alterna Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 x2 (hair CC cream, not for face :smileytongue: )

- Dior Dior Addict Lip Mazimizer (I WANT MORE!)

- Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer Glitter

- Ole Henriksen Perfect Truth CC cream 

I could have sworn I also ordered the Kat Von D, but it's not showing in my history or confirmation. Oh well, it's not like I need another liner :smileywink: 

Freebies

- Algenist Retinol 10 day challenge (code)

- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (code) 

- Ole Henriksen CC cream x2

- Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum x2

- Marchesa Perfume

- Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream 

- VIB Rouge Welcome kit 

bgirling

Re: August Hauls

SEPHORA COLLECTION Creamy Body Wash Caps - Mango, Orange Blossom
Tarte Gifts From The Lipstick Tree Achiote Color Collection
Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips
SEPHORA by OPI - COLOR I Only Shop Vintage
Boscia Clear Complexion Mask with Botanical Blast
Soap & Glory Face Soap and Clarity™ 3-In-1 Daily-Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash
Tarte Puttin' On The Glitz Limited-Edition Color Collection And Purse
MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes - COLOR Burgandy
Hanae Mori Hanae Mori Butterfly Rollerball
Dr. Jart+ Pore Medic Pore Clear Mask
SEPHORA by OPI Rich And Buff Exfoliating Cuticle Cream

Samples:
Chloe Chloé Eau de Parfum
Algenist Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum 10 Day Challenge samples
Tocca Beauty Liliana
Philosophy Full Of Promise™ Treatment Duo
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick
Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 deluxe sample
TokyoMilk Dark Femme Fatale Collection - Tainted Love No. 62
Marc Jacobs Fragrance Honey
Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer deluxe sample

the Balm (Hautelook)
shadyLady Palette - Volume 2
Meet Matt(e) Nude - Size Matt(e)rs
Balm Jovi - Rockstar Face Palette
Cucumber Face Toner
Blueberry Face Treatment Mask

And then some royal & langnickel and crown brushes.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Why did I read this review  - now I want!

swfupload_6314020824667838950.jpg

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Are we staying in here now that it's September?

I'm combining my hauls for the weekend into one post...

Esdee

This is a good question.  I have a few packages coming in next week that I technically bought in August, so I was also wondering which thread I'd be posting them in.

ChicDabbler

lol technicality. Let's go by the time we get the packages, or time of gratification. =P

Esdee

Or be completely obsessed and post in both!  :smileyvery-happy:

kimchikween

I vote we go to the new thread to make things cleaner and simpler.  I have a bunch coming in next week as well.

jenpred

Can I just point out how fabulous everyone's hauls are? Just saying.... On to a fruitful September :smileywink: !!

kimchikween

Not me - no buy for September.August was fruitful enough swfupload_5289625087195338765.gif

Esdee

I'm going to try to stick to a no-buy for the next 21 days.  Save some money for the Atlanta trip, after all!

jenpred

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Good for you!! :smileyhappy: . I was actually good this month and didn't go overboard during the VIB sale and after, but now that the fall collections are creeping in I *may* purchase a thing or two...or 4 :smileywink:

clarks18

(0) Hearts

IMAG0074.jpg

This is what I received in the mail this week.

OCC Nail Polish in Black Dahlia

Algenist Pore Correcting Anti-Aging Primer

Tarte Lash Primer

Pantone Emerald Makeup Bag

Sephora Earbuds

Two Samples of Algenist Moisturizing Gel

Pink Sugar Perfume Sample

Toykomilk Dark Perfume Sample

Armani Code Cologne Sample

Urban Decay Eye Primer Samples

kimchikween

Haul #3 - this finished off the birthday cards - from Giorgio Armani and Tom Ford Perfumes

GA_haul.JPG

• ~multi-corrective rejuvenating cream (sample)
  • **rouge ectasy in Milano (202) and Amber (306) - magnetic casing (closes to the correct position when the two halves get close); marketed as the "first CC lipstick"; the consistency is not like anything I've tried - doesn't glide on like cream lipsticks, not a stain, but kind of a real thick balm(?); not meant to be long-lasting but leaves behind enough color (better than pure cream lipsticks but not as good as ones meant to be longer wearing); it feels like it's doing something to my lips and after I took it off, my lips appeared better than before I had put it on; these do have a fragrance to them so be sure to do a sniff test before buying
  • ***luminous silk foundation in 575 - I like this better than the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua cream compact for everyday wear; I was afraid it was turn shiny on my combo skin but it left a long-lasting healthy soft, dewy/glow; some say there is a fragrance, but I didn't notice it
  • ~multi-firming rejuv cream (sample)
  • ~eye serum (sample)
  • ?fluid sheer (sample) - great for lightening or darkening an existing foundation throughout the year; also can be used as a blush, bronzer, highlighter
  • ?maestro eraser concealer (sample) - not sure if it's better than cheaper ones but it was nice; creaseless; brightening

Perfume samples - I probably will never buy any of the below because of the cost until they come out with smaller/cheaper ones

• Tom Ford Plum Japonais - my favorite of the new collection; words to describe - spice, plum, musky, cinnamon, woodsy; could be for men or women
  • Tom Ford Shanghai Lilly - my 2nd favorite; words to describe - lillies (but not too strong), jasmine, spice, feminine but with a dark side
  • Other in the Tom Ford collection - they weren't bad; just too floral for me
  • Giorgio Armani Rose d'Arabie - another that I liked; rose, woodsy, amber
  • Maison Francis Kurkdijan's Oud Silk Mood - similar to the above; never heard of this brand; wood and rose

I have never used Giorgio Armani's products before.  The full-face consultation was great!  I wasn't sure what to expect at Neiman Marcus, but she explained everything, didn't push the product (salaried), and gave me A LOT of samples.  Honestly, my face felt WONDERFUL afterwards.  I highly recommend you get a consultation (if the person working there seems amiable.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to describe some of the items in case some of you were interested in them.

kimchikween

Haul #2 - thank goodness for birthday giftcards - from Chanel and Lancome

nordstrom.JPGSame coding from previous, left-to-right

Lancome

• **Eye Brightening All-in-One in Mauve Cherie (301): karlasugar has swatches; I was also tempted by the Taupe one; texture and pigmentation are really wonderful (you can see in her screenshots)
  • ?Las Base Pro(primer)
  • **Maquicomplet(concealer) in Camee: There's another one called Effacernes that is longer-lasting and "waterproof".  I think it's a matter of preference, but the consistency did not work on my dry undereye skin
  • ~Sample - Teint Visionnaire in 250W(Bisque); I tried the Teint Idole Ultra 24H - There are a lot of shades and many people rave about this and how long-lasting (not quite 24H) it is.  There was just something about it I didn't like - perhaps that the 3rd ingredient is alcohol?

Chanel

• ***Nail polish in Elixir(warmer strawberry,cream finish), Paparazzi(plum with brown/copper undertones,slight shimmer), Taboo(see my other post about this), and Black Satin
  • **Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Presage (62)
  • **Vitalumiere Aqua (cream compact) in Beige (30)
  • ?3 different perfume samples (I think from the Chance or mademoiselle line) - pretty similar; feminine but not overly so

On a different note, since I was wanting to check out specific stuff, I found myself not being able to pronounce a lot of the products...do you just go for it or say "um..you know..that concealer?"

beethousand

I LOVE Presage and Taboo! I actually can't wear any cream cheek products (allergies) but Presage was the first that worked, and the color is so amazing. I already bought Fantastic as well too

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I love it!  I usually don't wear cream cheek products either because it used to break me out, but my friend said this worked on her extremely-sensitive skin.  Now I want Affinite but a pinkier look..ugh..but I am going to wait until October..eek!

My nail polish is slowly going from mostly Essie/OPI to Chanel.  It's not cheap but the quality is hard to beat!  I bring them with me to nail salon and they always comment on how nice it glides on.

DTalksAll

Now I NEED Taboo in my life! Especially after seeing the swatch 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Yea, I hemmed and hawed on it for awhile until I saw it in person...just couldn't resist!

kimchikween

For this week's beauty escapades, I actually put everything I wanted to try and get samples for on a spreadsheet (organized by store, brand, and product type - yes, type a, OCD).  A lot of places just took that list and compiled the testers or walked me around accordingly.  Because they could see all the other brands on there, some of them were giving me their thoughts on how the products stood up to each other, etc...

jellybean917

[ Edited ]

I'm so glad you mentioned your spreadsheet. Hooray for the Type A personalities!

I've been telling myself for a long time that I need to make one for all of my products, especially skincare. What worked, what didn't work, ingredients, where I got it, price, etc. It would make my life way easier. I just started it and it's going to be tough to get everything in there, but once I get it going, it'll just be maintenance.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 596 replies
  • 799 hearts
  • 72 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • pearlgirl7
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melisa16