DTalksAll

August Hauls

Since the Haul threads have so many posts & there's going to be a lot of August hauls with the new pt perks & bonus point promotions I figured we should start a new one for just August hauls :smileywink: 

Here are mine so Far:

BeautyBar Sample Society Box

August BB.jpg

Combined Sephora Haul 

August Sephora.jpg

Products Purchased: 

- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in-Conditioner

- Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Anti-Breakage Spray

- Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser

- Sephora by OPI gelshine in "Already Famous"

100 pt Perks (the only reason why I made 2 small purchases)

- Lancome Eye-Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate

- Alterna Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 x2 (hair CC cream, not for face :smileytongue: )

- Dior Dior Addict Lip Mazimizer (I WANT MORE!)

- Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer Glitter

- Ole Henriksen Perfect Truth CC cream 

I could have sworn I also ordered the Kat Von D, but it's not showing in my history or confirmation. Oh well, it's not like I need another liner :smileywink: 

Freebies

- Algenist Retinol 10 day challenge (code)

- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (code) 

- Ole Henriksen CC cream x2

- Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum x2

- Marchesa Perfume

- Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream 

- VIB Rouge Welcome kit 

wendyomgwar

Re: August Hauls

You got the Yellow Versace sample woohoo :smileyvery-happy:

Tell me if you think the Living Proof perk is worth, I've been thinking about it for a while but I'm still really meh on it, especially since I'm trying to not buy any more hair stuff until I use up my current stuff.

DoctorsMrs

Hey Posh,

What's the 4 shadow palette sitting to the right of the Pantone Full Spectra?

Another Superb Haul !!

poshified

That's the Jenova quad, which in all honesty I added to my order to get free shipping. But holy smokes the pigmentation (and packaging) is amazing! :smileyhappy:

jenova.JPG

wendyomgwar

Ooooh! Pretty :smileysurprised:

DoctorsMrs

My kind of colors. LIKE

I was wondering if you'd use it considering the NARS palette but I can totally see now why you "needed" it. I may be introducing myself to the Jenova brand very soon :smileyhappy: 

poshified

I was looking more into the line and it definitely has a rocker feel type of a packaging. You know the words I live by: You can never have enough [neutral] palettes in your life! :smileywink: LOL

DoctorsMrs

Now THAT's a motto I can live by :smileyhappy:

drrragon

ooh oooh you got the Sephora + Pantone Full Spectra Palette!  I cannot tell you how many times that's jumped in and out of my shopping cart over the last week!  Let us know how you like it once you've had a chance to play with it!  The colors and textures seem sooooooo interesting but I'm not sure about the greenish tinge.....

poshified

I will definitely keep you posted on the palette and try to capture the amazing duochrome effect under direct sunlight! :smileyhappy: I had been eyeing when it was full priced, so I jumped on it when I saw it was on sale. I do like the Inglot-ish packaging though!

drrragon

oh I've been DYING to get some Sephora + Pantone eyeshadows forever simply because I love the packaging so much!  Especially the little ones where you have the clever slide-off cover, and then there's a clever mirror in back!  If that full spectra is still in stock next week it's going to seriously tempt me!

poshified

[ Edited ]

Update on the Sephora + Pantone palette. It's a good palette but definitely not a must-have. If you have a weakness for all things duochrome, then you definitely don't want to miss out on this palette, as I feel that a few of the shades are meant to be layered over top one another (or even other shadows in different palettes!) Seriously, the pictures don't do it justice.

That said, the top shade in the third column (a matte creamy white shade) was really chalky, as well as the bottom color in the fourth column.

These shadows are nowhere close to, say, UD's buttery nature but the duochrome shades make this palette worthwhile, imo. Also, at $19, you really can't go wrong :smileyhappy:

(Btw, shades are swatched L-R, top-bottom, then layered.)

1.JPG2.JPG

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

wow those shades are so light & pretty! I WANT!

drrragon

oooh those are really pretty!  i love the soft peachy pinks and the minty duochromy shades!  thanks for the swatch pics! :smileyhappy:

poshified

No problem, girl! Let me know if you end up picking it up, because I'm curious as to what looks you come up with :smileyhappy:

drrragon

[ Edited ]

@poshified -- I think I need to see the writing on the wall at last and dedicate a drawer to "Eyeshadow--- Experimental" and another one for "Eyeshadow -- Actually wear outside the house"!

(the full spectra looks pretty wearable though based on your swatches) :smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

@poshified,  thanks for taking the time to swatch it.

You're close to earning another crown. This one will be for Swatch Queen

poshified

Just for you, dear! :smileyhappy: I figured with the upcoming bonus points week, it'll help folks decide whether to buy it or skip it.

drrragon

I sorta really want it now, i'm envisioning myself trying out those beautiful soft shimmery duotones!  booohooo i'm so indecisive! :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

(0) Hearts

I gotta give you props for being able to wait till next week! lol I called my store as soon as I saw the price reduction and the hold time is actually quite generous on the company's part -- I'm impressed :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

Ahhh you got the NARS, Lorac & Pantone palettes?!?! 

poshified

(0) Hearts

You know I have a weakness for eye palettes... especially when they're on sale :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 596 replies
  • 799 hearts
  • 72 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • pearlgirl7
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melisa16