MysticalAngel

Amazing August Hauls!!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello BT! Today is August 1st and that means another month of hauls!

This month is the 2x/3x/4x the points for BI,VIB and ROUGE respectively. This is a great time to stock up on points lost throughout the year!

Please share your purchases! Remember, a haul is a haul no matter how big or small! :smileywink: :smileyhappy:

notcreative

Re: Amazing August Hauls!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The items I picked up today. I was going to get more makeup items, but the SA looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had any ordering promos. I listed a few I remembered but I could not remember them all. Then, she pretended like they never get any. As the emails clearly state some are in store and online, I find it hard to believe the Downntown Disney store is excluded from ALL the promos.  Thus, I only bought the Ariel Polish that is listed as sold out every time I see it listed online. I did not ask for those samples either. They had them pre made at the register. I will probably toss them as I am unsure how sanitary they are. 

I could not decide which shoes I liked better, so I got them both. 

chocopudding

Your runners!!! ♡♡♡ I would've done the same and bought both! 

notcreative

It's a good motto.  When you can't decide, why should you?

jenpred

Loving your shoes, notcreative!! I always appreciate a fun pair of sneakers :smileyhappy:

I agree about the promos - that sounds a little lazy/shady to me. I've had an experience like that at the Downtown Disney store where it was like pulling teeth for basic information. I called the store once to ask which brand reps would be there for a Rouge event, and I literally got transferred about three times (finally to the MOD), and she took down my name, phone number, the whole shebang, and they still wouldn't tell me which brands. It was as if I was asking about Watergate or something LOL.

notcreative

Thanks.

They definitely have terrible service in that store.  The last time I was in there was March to pick up the Divergent set, and I remember not being pleased then either.  It is a really tiny store with people everywhere, so it is not a super pleasant shopping experience anyway.  My guess is a lot of people kill time in there, so they are always afraid to spend time on someone who will not buy anything.

sp2001

congrats on your run! we're so proud of you :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thank you.

lachaton

Ah I love both of those runners! I just signed up for my first RunDisney event in 2015 - I hope you had fun!

notcreative

Thanks.  It was a lot of fun.  The best part for me was running in back of house places at both California Adventure and Disneyland that normal park guests do not get to see (without an event or special tour of course). The cast members went out of their way to make it awesome.  You're going to have so much fun!

sp2001

250 days! which run are you doing? 10k/half/pixi dust challenge?

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

@notcreative - :heart: the pink ones especially!!!! Pinkaholic alert!!! What's the name of them etc? I can't really get them......thank heavens, in a way. Hurt my foot a while back and can't get into closed shoes, been wearing clogs (so I can pull my feet out a little when necessary) and some really cute adjustable sandals (got black & went back for a 2nd pair in coral - I'd buy every color if I could!)

Love the Ariel Nail Polishes, was super lucky to get them in the sale section a while back, don't think I'll ever be able to open them though, but I do love my RedHeaded buddy Ariel. :smileyhappy: 

Weird about the Disney Sephora experience, would think they'd have something special going on there. Maybe somedays are luckier then others. Better luck next time & next Sephora. What were the pre-packaged samples they gave you? Great haul!!! Hope you had a Blast!!!!

ps - you're my kinda gal - when in doubt, get em' ALL!!! (oops, I meant get em' Both........not)

notcreative

(0) Hearts

They are both New Balance 860 V4.  The pink ones are Minnie Mouse, and the blue ones are Cinderella.  I have never owned New Balance shoes and thought I would be a Saucony girl for life, but I love Disney way too much to not try these.  Of course, I ran the 10k in my Sauconys, because I prefer to break shoes in before I run in them.  I did wear the pink ones into the park for a few hours in the afternoon, and they feel great.  

These limited edition shoes are only sold at Run Disney Events (although you can get the model in non Disney shoes), and you have to have your bib number to reserve a spot for the Disney ones.  I flew in (my family drove in later) to get here early enough to register for them (once I got my bib number).  Yes, I booked a flight just to order shoes.  I registered well before 9am but still got a call back time of 1:10pm.  They're seriously in demand.  Every year, they change the design.  Last year, they were red, so I am bummed I missed those (red is my favorite).  It was awesome that they had 2 this year, because I went from 0 to 2 in one run.  I think I will get whichever ones are available every time I run in a Disney race.  Maybe, I will end up with a ton of running shoes.

I had not painted my nails in a long time, but I already opened and used one of the Ariel polishes.  It is the bluish green, glittery one.  They did a good job making the color, because it looks like a mermaid's flipper.  I love Ariel too and all of the other princesses.  My favorites are Belle and Tiana.

The samples were a Korres body butter and a Soap and Glory scrub. I tossed them though.  If they were foils, I may have tried them.  Risking using something unsanitary that I had no clue about is hard for me.  I am a germophobe.  

I am definitely a get them all when I cannot decide girl, much to my husband's dismay.  

beauty2sample

I love those sneakers and want them!  I am such a Disney nut.  Are there any Disney threads on here???  I could talk about Disney all day, and usually do!

notcreative

I am a Disney nut too.  If there are Disney threads here, I've never seen them.  There are plenty of sites dedicated to Disney though.

beauty2sample

True, there are lots of dedicated sites.  I'm on a Disney forum elsewhere, since I need my daily fix!

knuevekm

I assume you got that shirt because you are running a 10K race. Congratulations! I am a total running addict! Shot bloks are a great choice. I wouldn't have survived my 70.3 ironman without them. Have fun!

notcreative

Yes, this is my first 10k since High School.  I need to get back into running.  I have done a few 5ks since high school but nowhere near as often as I should and at a pretty relaxed pace.  The 5k I was going to run in July was canceled at the last minute, so I was bummed about that.

The shot block was included in my runner's bag, so I did not actually choose it.  I tried one on Friday and two before the race earlier today, but I did not notice the difference.  I am glad they work for you.

I had a lot of fun.  Thanks.  The Iron Man is on my bucket list.  It is pretty cool that you did that.  I am a good swimmer and an all right runner (will never be as good as I once was, because my knees always hurt).  Cycling is my week suit, because my rear end always gets so sore that I cannot focus on pedaling.  I still need to get into much better shape before I can attempt it though.  The course would kill me in my current condition.

kssweetheart

Ironwoman??? Holy Toledo! Color me impressed **knuevekm** What did it entail? I think you may have to change your name though, Ironwoman might be more accurate. (although I don't know what knuevekm means, so maybe that's equally accurate) Kudos to you, Big Time!!!!! :smileyhappy:

dziggi

[ Edited ]

Nothing too exciting. Just some basics.

image.jpg

Urban  Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

No Bleeding  Secret Lip Liner

MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Fling

MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose & Light Boost

+ a crazy amount of samples that I somehow already displaced. 

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

Hi dziggi - I almost got the No Bleeding Lips, but have a Bite liner similar to it (only tried it a few times, not terribly impressed, but since I just found it again in a summer-time bag, maybe I need to give it another go) Did you try/like No Bleeding Lips? Maybe your info will help me decide.

Did you get the crazy amount of samples in store? When I got to the counter and asked if they had any other samples, before I even got the words out, the girl said, 'Umm....that's what's in here." Referring to the VIB Rouge Sample bag. So I ended up letting it go and hoping I'll have better luck next time. Any secret undercover password/lingo to help get samples? (like needing to know the password to get into a 'speakyeasy' or something - although I suspect that might have actually been easier! :smileyvery-happy:

Don't feel bad about misplaced samples, I misplace Everything all the time! Probably due in part to the fact that I'm always trying to hide my purchases here, there and everywhere. Did they give you good samples? Thanks for any info, I appreciate it. :smileyhappy:

btw - I remember the first time I enlarged your avatar - what a hoot!!! Your dog is adorable. I had one who loved wearing her sweater, she'd scratch at the door to go out and then I'd put her sweater on her and she'd run away to go sleep somewhere (they're so smart) She was also partial to a long set of faux pearls that I found from childhood dress up days, they'd wrap around her neck several times (only with human supervision, of course) you could feel she felt so fancy with her pearls on though, Yes, sometimes a paper towel around her neck was even enough to make her happy - that's what reminded me of her. Any details to share about your Dough Baby and his/her other fashion trends? I smile every time I see your avatar - thanks for that.:smileyhappy:

dziggi

(0) Hearts

I'm still trying to decide if I like the liner. It's good but I'm not wowed with it. Some of my creamier lipsticks still bleed while wearing it and it has a very waxy texture (or maybe I'm applying too much, not sure). I'm still trying to figure how much to apply.

I never get any samples in store! I swear the sales people keep the samples for themselves because whenever I go out they always tell me they are out.  I know when I worked in a department store the makeup counter sales people always took home a generous amount of samples. Or maybe I'm just looking to much into it. If there is a secret code or special hand shake for getting samples, I have yet to figure it out! :smileyhappy: That's why I'm loyal to the online store. All the samples and promos I want.

I wish that was my dog! I actually found the pic online after searching for Welsh Corgies. That's why I had to use it as my avatar. The face on the dog is priceless. It cracks me every time I see it. "Human, why are you looking at me like that? I've got bread on my face, don't judge." Hahah your dog sounds like quite the fashionista! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 813 replies
  • 1209 hearts
  • 138 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • michelleshops
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe