MysticalAngel

Amazing August Hauls!!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello BT! Today is August 1st and that means another month of hauls!

This month is the 2x/3x/4x the points for BI,VIB and ROUGE respectively. This is a great time to stock up on points lost throughout the year!

Please share your purchases! Remember, a haul is a haul no matter how big or small! :smileywink: :smileyhappy:

HookedOnBeauty2

Re: Amazing August Hauls!!!!

We have similar tastes. I like the first one as a dressy shoe and the fifth one because I just love shoe boots!!

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

This just reminded me I bought 2 pairs of Steve Madden shoes and never wore them. I totally placed them in the closet and forgot about the. Off to go pull them out!!!!

HookedOnBeauty2

Non Sephora finds but definitely cheap deals. I needed a brush holder for my bigger face brushes and found this huge hurricane candle holder at Michaels for $4. The peppermint marbles and the red heart marbles were 99 cents a bag. My friend was placing an ELF order so I asked her to add on both mineral pearls for me. They were only $4 each. They aren't Guerlain but what the heck I figured for the price why not try them.

image.jpg

meecheroo

I bought the same brushes and have them in the same setting with a jar with blue marbles :smileyhappy:

mochi813

Ahhh I love that candle holder for brush storage! The chrome on the bottom is a nice decorative touch! It looks so clean and simple! <3

meecheroo

Got my 9 piece Juliette Has A Gun fragrance sample kit from France. $14 on their website, but you get it back if you order a full size within two months. I'm debating between "Miss Charming" and "Lady Vengeance."

photo.JPG

MlleCC

I've heard of this brand but I've never had the opportunity to try anything from them -- and for $14, this sample pack doesn't look too bad!  Are the samples like the small spray vials that we have here?

meecheroo

It comes in the sample vials like you would get in a normal Sephora sample. Inside each envelope there is a card that already has the smell on it. The envelope is closed with the name of the perfume on the sticker so you know which one you're trying. It also came with a card that said "Merci" with a note from the founder. I tried "Romantina" last night and it lasts all night!

Mcakes

Never heard of them but their packaging looks adorable! Will have to check them out. Thanks for posting this! I never would have heard about them had I not seen your post. 

MLennon

Another (collective) haul:

All the Stila was from the Hautelook event a couple weeks ago, and the rest is from a local outlet store that I got a crazy good deal on so I couldn't resist. 

STILA: From top to bottom, left to right

Lip Glaze Trio - Chic Cobalt Collection

Art of the Fine Line - Intense Black, Moss, Dark Brown, Midnight

Sweet in San Fransisco - 4 Eyeshadows (bronze colors) & 1 Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream

Portrait of a Perfect Blush - Cheek Palette

Portrait of a Perfect Pout - Neutral - Lip Palette 

OUTLET HAUL: From top to bottom, left to right

Origins - Eye Doctor

Origins - A Perfect World

Bobbi Brown - Bronze Eye Palette

Estee Lauder - Double Wear in Desert Beige

MAC - Captivating Mineralize Eye Shadow

MAC - Exquisite Ego Mineralize Eye Shadow

2014-08-22 20.45.27.jpg

Mcakes

(0) Hearts

Did you get that stuff from a CCO at the outlet?

MLennon

(0) Hearts

Yeah I think that's what it was called! I don't live near there, but I was in the area and saw the store so I had to stop in. 

notcreative

A small haul to prepare me for my trip next week.  I am flying, so I needed a sunblock under 3.4 ounces and have to leave Clinique at home.  I am only bringing one, but they were on sale.  You all know how I am with sales too.  Has anyone tried this foot spray?  I fear my feet may fall off from the run combined with all the Disney touring.

Haul 082214 1.jpg

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

Hope you'll have lots of fun,,,We had planned Europe trip for this summer but my doctor does not allow me to splurge in activities involving prolonged sitting and walking...So the result is our kids are spending the most boring summer break this year and I feel so bad because it is all ruined due to my health issues :smileysad: 

notcreative

Thanks.  That's too bad.  I am sure the kids just enjoyed having the summer off from school, so they're probably not worried about it.  When you're feeling better or get cleared, you can always reschedule.  We're just going to Disneyland this month and next so nowhere like Europe.  We are going to DisneyWorld and taking a cruise at the end of the year, so I will get plenty of use from these sunblocks.  

fatimamummy

Good for you :smileyhappy: ,My eldest daughter makes both little ones pray before sleeping at night that God gives health to their mom and make her healthy like before, it feels so good :smileyhappy: . A trip to Disney world and then a cruise sounds really fun, Do you think it is an appropriate fun activity for 3 yrs old.

notcreative

[ Edited ]

Three is a great age.  My youngest was 5 months old on his first trip to DisneyWorld, and my oldest was 1 month past his third birthday.  They are 4 1/2 years apart, so my youngest was not yet born when my oldest took that trip. My oldest was four months old and my youngest turned one on their first trips to Disneyland.  The hardest trips for both kids were always mid ones.  My oldest went to Disneyland a couple of times when he was 1 1/2 and those were hard trips.  My youngest was about 1 3/4 on our last cruise and that was hard.  We have already taken a couple of Disneyland trips (we have annual passes) since my youngest turned three.  They have all been great trips.  He just turned 3 in June, so he will be about 3 1/2 at DisneyWorld.

Three is great, because they're potty trained (no diapers, changing tables, breastfeeding breaks, prolonged naps, etc).  They are old enough to tell you what they want and when they need a break.  My older one relaxed in a stroller, but my younger one hates strollers.  We will not bring one on our DisneyWorld trip.  If you stay close to the parks, you can go back to the hotel for a midday nap or swim.  All of the close hotels were sold out next week, but we are staying at the Grand Californian next month (which is the closest hotel to the parks).  I was staying at the Contemporary at DisneyWorld (which is the closest one there), but I switched back to the Polynesian last week (which is still pretty close).  I originally booked the Polynesian and switched to the Contemporary when I heard the pool was going to be closed.  I switched back when I decided we may just skip swimming this trip.  We have a week aboard the Fantasy and can swim as much as we want.

Cruising with a three year old is even easier.  The price of the Oceaneer Lab/Club is included with the fare.  You can drop the kids off anytime they're open (which is most of the day).  They have a lot of fun there, and you can have some adult time.  When adult time is over, you pick them up and enjoy family time.  It is fantastic. You also pick your pace.  You can be very relaxed (AKA my husband) or very commando (AKA myself).  He relaxed in the room or the theater often while I explored the ship and participated in activities.

fatimamummy

Thanks notcreative, it is helpful :smileyhappy: 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Oh man, I got those exact same Neutrogena 45 spf sunscreen sets at Target a few weeks back. They came with free makeup remover wipes, so I couldn't resist! 

I used to use it on my face daily and went through bottles quickly, before switching to Supergoop sunscreen oil. Now I just use Neutrogena sunscreen on my body. 

I tried to use a Banana Boat 30 spf spray sunscreen in Oahu, and it was not enough. My boyfriend and I got really burned. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I use Lancome on my face.  The bottle is 1.7 ounces, so I can fly with it.  My kids do not need a lot of toiletries when we travel, so I tend to stick the sunblocks in their bags.  I also have a ton of small face samples from the sun safety kit, so I never use body sunblock on my face.  It makes it look too shiny.

I saw these at Target with the wipes for less than I paid and got irritated.  Oh well.  I still got a good deal.  They are 3 ounce bottles, so I will take one on each of my next three trips and probably finish them all off soon.

I got a Banana Boat one for body when I got my scalp one (also Banana Boat).  It is 110, so it worked.  Surprisingly, my niece still got burned with it.  My guess is it was not sprayed on her properly.  I hate the sprays for that.

I have a ton of SuperGoop samples, but I have not used the brand, yet.  My current Lancome face sunscreen expires soon, so I may try Supergoop after that.

hannasilkwood

(0) Hearts

I have never seen that spray before but I love peppermint and am interested in it. I'm about to be traveling too for the next two weeks and will be on my feet a ton too. Maybe I will pick one these up at The Body Shop they have at the airport. Thanks for posting! I love finding new products. Heres to hoping it works! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 813 replies
  • 1209 hearts
  • 138 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • michelleshops
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe