Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

My oh my, May is here! ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒธ It's time to show off all the magical must haves you picked up this month.

Let's give our hauls a moment to sparkle and shine! โญ

1000017278.gif

๐ŸŽ‰And of course a huge shout out to all the May Birthday Beauties! ๐ŸŽ‰

Wishing you all the most magical month. ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ

1000017279.gif

May also holds a special day for all the Mama's, Aunts, Grand Mama's, and all the ladies who play a special role to the kiddo's in thier lives. ๐Ÿ’ Happy Mother's Day to all of you! ๐Ÿ’

If you are pampering anyone this month, we'd love to see what you've picked out. ๐Ÿซถ

Happy Haulin! ๐Ÿ›๏ธ 

Re: Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

@Southernchic99  Nice haul! These scream summer! Canโ€™t wait to hear your thoughts! 

I ordered them all too ๐Ÿคฃ @Southernchic99 can't resist SDJ mists ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster  I canโ€™t wait! I think mine will arrive today ๐Ÿ’ž

I saw this app early release yesterday too @Southernchic99  I hafta say it was tempting! I can't wait to see these in store and investigate them myself. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'd love to hear what your thoughts of them when they arrive. 

@CynthieLu  I wish I lived near a store. Itโ€™s a two hour trip. I donโ€™t get to go very often. I just ordered stuff and hope for the best ๐Ÿคช

@Southernchic99 @Great SDJ haul. 

@Southernchic99  nice haul! They look so cheerful & summery - I hope you enjoy them!

@Southernchic99 SDJ always does something fun for the summer.   They have been a favorite of mine for so many years 

@Southernchic99 great idea!  Would love to hear your favorite 

@CorgiMommy  I am so excited to try these! I couldnโ€™t decide on a scent so I got them all ๐Ÿ˜…

@Southernchic99 Lovely haul. I was looking at the green one today. I love anything coconut ๐Ÿฅฅ๐Ÿ’š. I hope you enjoy them!

@Mellmars1185  I love all things coconut ๐Ÿฅฅ! 

Spillover from end of last month and a couple of orders from earlier this month.

Sephora auto-replenishment programSephora auto-replenishment program

Spoiler

I have a few items on auto-subscribe thru amazon and was excited for the opportunity to give Sephora' auto-replenishment program a try (thank you @TeamBIC!). I went with these three beauties - the Shiseido Super-Soft, 100% Natural Facial Cotton are one of, if not the, softest cottons on the market. 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Find Comfort Stop & Soothe Aromatherapy Pen 0.16 oz / 5 mL really does soothe the senses and provide aromathereapy. 

Sourse Dream Bites โ€“ Vegan Magnesium Infused Chocolate Supplements for Beauty Sleep 30 / bites sounded like a good idea - rarely is chocolate not a good idea. That it helps with sleep? We shall see about it. I've been thinking of ways to fit them seamlessly into my evening wind-down routine and will post about that in the Habit Stacking Thread ๐Ÿ“š once I get that squared away. I'll post my thoughts & insights over the next few months on the Beauty Supplements: Actually helpful or just hype? โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ thread.

Sephora onlineSephora online

Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit - there's quite a few SPFs in this kit that I have not yet tried. In the background from previous hauls are SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Mineral Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 1.7 oz. / 50 ml and Soleil Toujours Set + Protect Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 with Hyaluronic Acid 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

Nordstrom, SephoraNordstrom, Sephora

I think we're good on laundry detergent for a while. ๐Ÿ˜‚ DedCool Dedtergent 01 "Taunt" 32 oz / 946.4 mL is much larger than I expected.

Daiso, Sephora, UltaDaiso, Sephora, Ulta

Spoiler

These cotton tips are thinner, flatter and smaller than the traditional Q-tips. I use them to clean up / make more thin, my eyeliner line. I've been stalking Daiso for these to restock since February; it happened earlier this month and I quickly grabbed one, and then picked up another before heading to the registers. I'm pretty sure I'm set.

Moroccanoil High Gloss Shine Color Depositing Mask in Clear Clear - I usually do an at-home glaze (from DpHue) for shine and to help prolong my hair color from fading, but decided to try a goss this time. 

As far as I can recall, I heard about Live Tinted from @missjeanie; there was a pop-up display in store, fully (and just recently) stocked so I picked up the mineral sunscreen and the Skin Tint SPF 50.  

Tags:

Nice hauls @itsfi ! The sun safety kit looks so good!

@faeriegirl, thank you. The Sun Safety Kit is a great way to try out different sunblock (or have miniโ€™s on hand for travel or to give away).

@itsfi Ohhhhh do tell us how you like the Live Tinted!  My store only had a tiny display area and I don't remember seeing a tinted SPF... but I'm interested now!  Always love to hear about new tinted sunscreens.  

Those chocolates look so interesting.  The US side of Sephora always has such interesting supplements!

@missjeanie, Iโ€™m rarely near an Ulta store anymore and when I have been in store, theyโ€™ve only ever had one product from Live Tinted, so when I saw one of those pop up box displays with all the complexion products (and brand new, clean testers!!!!), I went straight for it! ๐Ÿ˜† I am really enjoying this Live Tinted tinted SPF. I always try to wear a separate SPF under my base product even if it contains a sunblock. This one has worn well with the SPF from the brand as well as other SPFs I use regularly - Summer Fridays, Etude, etc.

Do you have a go to or tried and true tinted sunblock?

@itsfi I have to say that I pulled out the Live Tinted SPF and the Hyperpigmentation stick two days ago.  And while it could have been another product, my skin is a disaster at the moment.  Its almost like I got an allergic reaction?  It's dry, and has a texture to it like a rash/hives.  I am taking a ton of allergy medicine (thank you pollen) so I don't think it's actually an allergy, but I'm not too sure what's happening.  I'm holding off on anything other than my tried and true basics for a bit and will re-introduce once my skin is doing better to try and see which product it is.  The tinted SPF is still calling to me though.  I don't have overly sensitive skin generally so I'm hoping that this one will be a nice summer product. 

I always wear a dedicated SPF under my tinted products as well.  I'm not convinced that I'm getting enough coverage when I use just a tinted product.  I also feel like if I layer products that contain SPF it's giving my actual SPF a boost in case I missed a spot or something.  I have to say that for a tinted SPF, the Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light has been a go to for years that I end up repurchasing.  The palest shade is just a touch dark for me, but I can get away with it if I've added any self tan to my body.  It's got what I'd call a natural finish and wears evenly through the day. I tend to buy a lot of skin tints that have SPF that I wear more as a 'foundation', I think this is the Clarins might be the only one that I treat as an SPF. 

I need to do a current SPF round up for the SPF thread!!

Oh no @missjeanie! I'm so sorry. I wonder if you're skin is allergic/sensitve or just not liking the particular vitamin C in that hyperpigmentation stick? Or,maybe the willow bark extract? You're doing the right thing and sticking with products you know and getting back to the basics! I hope you feel better - both your skin breaking out and allergies. Ugh, allergies, they're really bad this year. 

Okay, making a note on the Clarins SPF - I feel like I have a deluxe sample or foil sample of it (or very possibly, both a deluxe and foil samples, hahaha!) I'm 100% with you, separate SPF all the way - I typically do 2 layers, which is why the skin on my face is lighter than the rest of me. Note to self - Self, bring two layers of sunscreen down the neck, etc.

@itsfi Yet to be determined on the cause.  I also found an old mask that I put into my project pan at the same time and used two days in a row.  It may be the new products, it may be the old one.  Thankfully it's not too bad and I'm likely the only one who notices it.  Hopefully will be all gone in the next few days and after a little while I'll re test to see if I can identify which product it is.  

@itsfi  Wow incredible haul! I love the items you picked for auto replenishing! The vitamins are a great idea! You will be sure to take them every night when you always have a supply on hand! And you canโ€™t go wrong with those facial cottons and the Rare beauty aroma therapy! 

That detergent looks so cool! Itโ€™s almost like an extra touch to have by your laundry. Itโ€™s just such a cool container! How is the scent? 

I canโ€™t wait to hear what you think about the Live Tinted! Both look good!! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Conversation Stats
Photos212
  • 1000017278.gif
  • 1000017279.gif
  • 17144986994738838166369396453455.jpg
  • 1000017375.jpg
  • 1000017377.jpg
  • IMG_4273.jpeg
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
  • DC3A9152-0AD0-4FFF-AFF4-8DC0E2D7F252.jpeg
  • 3E7CA2AA-24E8-487D-AD68-99B3FCF0BFC5.jpeg
  • I intentionally picked shades Sephora doesnโ€™t carry, so I could use other retailer rewards instead of my most recently acquired Rouge Reward (which Iโ€™ll use for different goodies).
  • Okay, NOW Iโ€™ll stop buying so many candles this year. :D
  • 17146722456176014968085215806512.jpg
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
  • IMG_4097.jpeg
testing