Ruela

which curling iron ?

Hi,

There seem to be so many different size curling irons out there - how do I know what size to get (1 inch , 3/4 inch etc) ? Can anyone recommend a good one?

Thanks!

krunce

Re: which curling iron ?

The size of the curling iron realllyyyy depends on what width of curl you want! I have a 3/4 and I have pretty tight curls.

I'm a big fan of tapered curling irons. They're easier to use and give a more natural curl. I'm really into the Hot Tools ones.

Ruela

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the picture and thanks for your advice!

lovelykatya

swfupload_8998916246153697269.jpg

i have invested in the Sultra  Bombshell 1" curling iron; i have long hair and normally when i curled my hair with other irons, curls would dissaper by the end of the day! With this iron my curls last all day long, and i can do many different styles. Yes iron gets pretty hot and you have to be really careful, but once you figure out how to use it - Its amazing!!

Ruela

(0) Hearts

That is the second recommendation I received for karmin g3! Thanks

vivi07

I use the karmin g3 clipless curling iron, it's pretty good, the 1" is better. I can make pretty long lasting curls and waves. :smileyvery-happy: it's great. if you are interested u can check it out at safrons. com :smileyvery-happy:

Ruela

(0) Hearts

I will look into getting one. Thanks!

MelStev

(0) Hearts

I have the karmin g3 and it really works great. It doesn't burn my hair and it actually makes it shine :smileyhappy: it's really worth your time so check it out and considering buying it since it will really be worth your money too :smileyhappy:

Ruela

(0) Hearts

Thanks, that does help!

arielaaaaaaaa

I'm a Hairstylist so i hope i can help! If it's shoulder legnth you don't want anything bigger than and inch, it might not even be a curl, I would reccomend you use a flat iron to make curls, I don't know if you have ever tried it but thats how i prefer to curl hair. If you want a curling iron i would suggest one thats one inch. Whether you use one thats $200 or $20 it doesn't matter the brand, My favorite brand though is Babyliss, It's not available at Sephora but Ulta carries it i think. 

A good tip to remember is to use a heat protectant. Sephora has alot of great ones. I recommend Alterna's Bamboo Kendi Oil before you use the curler, and Use a Working hairspray before you curl as well. I recommend Redken Fashion works working spray, just spray alittle on each section before you curl. And after you can use the same one or a stronger hold. 

Ruela

(0) Hearts

My hair is about shoulder length and is fine and dry.  I would like a somewhat medium size curl. And nothing that will fall flat. Thanks for your advice!

arielaaaaaaaa

Alot depends on the size curl you want and how long your hair is, Could you give a good description of your hair legnth and what kind of curl you want.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • vivi07
    • Ruela
    • MelStev
    • krunce