QueenRavena
Accepted Solution

straightening for curly hair

Hey guys, I was just wondering what would be the best products for EXTREMELY curly, coarse hair. I use a ton of products before straightening, and I was just wondering if there was a better, easier way. I saw that Bumble and Bumble had a straightening blow dry formula, but I don't know if it could tame my hair. I've tried straightening blow dry brands before, only to be greatly disappointed. Does anyone know of a product that could straighten my wild hair without alot of time and energy?

projulie

Re: straightening for curly hair

(0) Hearts

hey,

I couldn't agree more with the other post. Technique is very important in getting straight hair along with the products. I love Bumble and Bumble styling products and would suggest straight making products for sure.

I would also suggest doing a hair mask once a week to help hydrate and protect your hair due to hot tools.

Ojon - Restorative Hair TreatmentOjon Restorative Hair Treatment

http://www.sephora.com/restorative-hair-treatment-P93511

I would also like to recommend dry shampoo to help prolong your straight hair.

Ojon - Full Detox™ Rub-Out™ Dry Cleansing Powder Ojon Full Detox Rub Out Dry Cleansing Powder

http://www.sephora.com/full-detox-tm-rub-out-tm-dry-cleansing-powder-P241308?skuId=1326131

Something to remember is the straighter your want the hair the more time it'll take. My suggestion is to do smaller sections and go through your hair slowly with the flat iron. I like to split my hair in four sections and within each section, do more sections and straighten. For sure use a heat protectant before straightening to keep your hair healthy. This will ensure smooth, silky, straight hair.

Jessithediva

OMG I hear ya sista! I have a mess of curly/frizzy hair and straighten it all the time. Heres how I get mine as straight as a pin:

1. John Frieda 3 day straight!!!! I swear it gets rid of all my frizz and leaves my hair looking flawless(and straighter)! Just follow the instructions on the bottle!

2. Make sure you have a ceramic straightener that reaches a high temerature. Mine's a CHI that gets up to 410 degrees

3. Use a heat protectant! ok so this doesn't make your hair straighter but at least you won't murder your hair.

Hope I helped,

Jessi <3

P.S for the days you are too tired to straighten hop in the shower, dry your hair with a tee shirt, braid your hair and leave it in for 10-30 mins and scrunch with garnier frutis scruch gel (btw the braiding is optional)

juliablair

(0) Hearts

YEs! I love braiding my hair to get a pseudo straight/wavy look 

Jessie

(0) Hearts

Well, I was in your boat too! I have very thick kinky-curly hair and the Bumble and bumble has saved my life! I'm pretty sure it will work for you. Also, it isn't only the product but it is the techinque. You should divide your hair in sections and use a flat boar brush while gliding the hair down with the blow dryer.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • Jessie
    • projulie
    • QueenRavena
    • Jessithediva
    • juliablair