MikuNerd65

please solve my flat hair...>.<

I've been noticing that I've been having flat hair...T.T I really want some volume up in here. I feel like that commercial singing "why you gotta be like that?"  I'm having a fight in my head and it's either Pantene volume Shampoo & conditioner. I've had this product before when I really "poofed" up my hair, and it worked. Or should I try something different...like I've been thinking the Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo....what I really want is something to last a few days until my next shower. What should I use?...Or should I use something totally different?

dianabt

Re: please solve my flat hair...>.<

Hi MikuNerd65, 

What are you using right now? Try something sulfate free or even a weekly "treatment" type shampoo that will remove buildup. Bumble and bumble makes a great "sunday" shampoo that removes product buildup and what not from the scalp to keep your hair healthy- I've found these are amazing to keep hair from falling flat too.

Right now I use the Clean Scalp ( I believe Miranda Kerr and Heidi Klum are faces for the brand) and Herbal Essences new Naked lines. I alternate those two with the bumble which is great since I use a lot of product. 

http://www.sephora.com/sunday-shampoo-P280564?skuId=1270073

Do you blow dry your hair or use a round brush? I bought a new hair dryer with a cooler and less hot setting to pump up the volume on my own flat hair- that with a big round brush to really lift the roots is SUCH a good help. Take damp sections and start blow drying from the roots- You don't need to wrap your hair entirely around the brush just get the roots under and pull it through as you dry that piece a few times. 

I also HIGHLY recommend you look at the Alterna Bamboo Volume Spray or the new Bumble Dryspun Finish. Alterna is sulfate free and great to give a quick blast under the hair when its flipped upside down.

Bamboo Volume Uplifting Root Blast

http://www.sephora.com/bamboo-volume-uplifting-root-blast-P288535?skuId=1333640

Bumble and Bumble dryspun finish (also in an aerosol) but is almost like a spray on wax that gives your hair lift, volume, smells good and keeps hair in place for hours.

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=dryspun&skuId=1540889&productId=P381033&_re...

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

I don't really use much but I use...

• VO5 Shampoo & Suave Naturals conditioner
  • Wen re Moist intensive hair treatment
  • Aussie hair insurance
  • So gorgeous swift perfection spray 
  • white rain hairspray with Rave
  • then got2b spiked up

Yes I blow dry and use some sort of round brush, but not as big

pinklissamel

For me personally I blow dry my hair upside down to give it more volume. I have naturally curly hair so I have lotsa poof to naturally combat but once I flat iron I have a good bit of volume to play with. I unfortunately don't believe that a shampoo or conditioner will do anything for my hair. I have tried tons of different shampoos and conditioners and none of them made a difference so I kinda don't but into that anymore as long as they smell great that's all I care about. hope that helps a little bit 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • pinklissamel
    • MikuNerd65