renee1003

in need of the perfect product for dry ends....

what are your suggestions...?

ShinyMagpie

Re: in need of the perfect product for dry ends....

[ Edited ]

Good old coconut oil has done wonders for mine. I melt it in the microwave and wait until it cools a bit and then slather it all over my hair and massage and comb it through. I use an old hair tie to loosely tie it in a bun on my head and sleep with a towel on my pillow. I shampoo out the next day. It sometimes takes more than one shampoo to get it all out. Doing this once a week has made a significant difference to my hair. 

*Edit* I wanted to add to always look at ingredients and if you're not sure what they are then google them. A lot of (not all) so called hair repair masks contain alcohol (drying) and a ton of silicon and antistatic chemicals. They will make your hair feel better but they are just coating your hair in silicone and not actually helping it in any way. They're purely cosmetic in their effect. 

renee1003

(0) Hearts

Very interesting - never thought of this ----- thank you!!

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

Renee, Ojon is all I used before Carol's Daughter, B&B, and Drybar. Now the only thing I use from Ojon is the revitalizing mist, though I am not as happy with it since they changed the scent from the original.

decarsea, I do not need a trim my hair is just dry all over but I don't have split ends

renee1003

never tried Drybar but I do have a sample --- and I'm not a big fan of the B&B line -- but I'm sure i haven't tried a lot of the "treatment products" --- speaking of "mists" - I noticed the Oscar Blandi Oil Spray makes my hair look SOOO greasy!!!  i have to spray it and step INTO it - it's way too much --- bummed that sephora took out the frederic fekkai line - i loved their shine mist - i get it elsewhere now

decarsea

(0) Hearts

I would recommend getting a light trim and use a bit of Argan oil on your wet hair before drying on warm, high speed. Why continually treat ends that are not getting better? 

renee1003

(0) Hearts

i have the jose maran argan oil --- the morrocan oil and a small ojon oil --- i will get a very light trim --- the ends are not split - just dry -- but a small trim won't hurt - thanks :smileyhappy:

consolvo

This stuff is great for ends! My daughter colors, blow dries and irons her hair and she swears by it. It's spendy, but the tube is large and if you used only on ends it would last a long time.

renee1003

(0) Hearts

definitely will look into this now - thanks

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

With Linda on this. My hair is dry all over.  Have been using new Carol's Daughter's products for about a week; the repair anti breakage spray and cream masque. Planning on trying more of her products, the two part treatment set next.  Fast results that keep getting better!

renee1003

(0) Hearts

I just responded to Linda (see my comment) I think it applies to both of you ----- the one and only product that didn't impress me by Carol's daughter was the spray in leave in conditioner by Carol's daughter - it was about $14 - didn't really do anything - but I'm in love with the monoi mask --- I think I need to get the split end sealer now :smileyhappy:

renee1003

(0) Hearts

and thank you!!! 

linda711

I bought my daughter the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Mask and Split End Sealer for Christmas.  She has thick waist length hair with dry ends and does not chemically treat it.  She used the products last night, and her hair never looked so shiny and healthy.  I went online today and bought the jumbo size mask for her birthday.  I hope this helps.

renee1003

(0) Hearts

Hi Linda - thank you :smileyhappy:   I'm in LOVE with the monoi repairing hair mask and use it often - it's amazing - but I don't have the split end sealer ---- whenever i use the mask my hair is silky, shiny and healthy right after --- but those ends need a little extra work -- at least "I" think they do --- so......your suggestion is the split end sealer - I was wondering if I should stick to my ojon oil or moroccan oil - but I'll take your advice if you think so much of this product :smileyhappy:  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • consolvo
    • linda711
    • ShinyMagpie
    • renee1003
    • decarsea