Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

hairstyle recommendations for prom

hey all, i have long, thick, blonde hair and i need some ideas for hairstyles for prom! I don't want to go all up but i definitely dont want to wear it all down. please share pictures of hairstyles that are sort of half up/half down types so i can get some ideas of what I want to do. thanks!

PS-Here's a few pictures of me to go off of what you think would look best<3CUc5AtvUsAA2Egg.jpgCKOVr1pUkAA4j-4.jpg

and here is the dress(: it will be sewn together in the middle so it's a one piece dress, and i'm not sure what types of accessories i want 

dress.JPG

Re: hairstyle recommendations for prom

Thanks for sharing pics of your dress, it's gorgeous!

I think the hairstyles that JaneanBT added below could definitely correspond well with your gown.

You may even want to try variations where you may be adding in a sparking barrette or pin along the back to accentuate the portion of hair that is pulled up or even trailing down the remainder of hair for an unexpected, but dressier touch.

I couldn't add photos for reference in the response below so I had to start a new one.

Related image

Image result for prom hairstyles half up half down

If you're not wanting to have the ends of your hair curled or waved, but still want to add some texture to your look, try a waterfall or fishtail braid which can be pulled apart more to add some separation.

The waterfall braid can also be done at an angle and pulled as tight or loose as you want:

Image result for waterfall braid half up

If you're wanting to add a feminine and romantic touch, even consider doing some braided flowers, this takes care of having to add in fake or real flowers, or even decorative hair pins.

Hi @kaelaaamorgaan,

I think these hair styles are so pretty and something you can definitely pull off:

Image result for prom hairstyles

Image result for prom hairstyles

But of course this is all depending on the type of dress you are wearing. Feel free to share a picture of your dress and accessories! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

just edited the question and added the dress's picture

i'll share a picture of the dress (:

Hi, kaelaamorgaan!

By chance can you share details regarding your dress' style and what accessories you'll be sporting? For example, depending on the neckline of the gown or whether you have something like a statement necklace or earrings may determine how much hair you may want to have pulled back and what is left down as to not make the decollete area seem too busy or crowded. Even factoring in things like whether or not the bodice of your gown is heavily beaded or sequined to run the risk of snagging or catching onto hair will have to be taken into consideration as you wouldn't want curls or waves to quickly lose their shape because they're getting caught on your dress and you're constantly having to separate it.

just edited my question(:

i'll post a picture of the dress(:
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos3
  • dress.JPG
  • CUc5AtvUsAA2Egg.jpg
  • CKOVr1pUkAA4j-4.jpg