Answer
jojobe
frizz at crown when I blow dry...HELP

I need some help..

I have fine naturally wavy hair, that I usually let airdry and the frizz stays to the bottom which is easily managed for me, however, I do like to try to blow dry it somedays, but when I do it goes FRIZZ CRAZY at the crown and my hair looks AWFUL I then have to use a thermal spray and straightner and even then it's only manageable. I have tried all the anti frizz products from Living proof, which made my hair feel like straw ( literally) Ouidad....too heavy and the smell was horrible, Fekki which I won't even justify wit what that did, Phyto ....Alterna Bamboo gave me okay results till I blow dried, Wen, great again till I blow dried, but I really like how much thicker this makes my hair shaft, so It has to stay. I have tried blow out creams, oils and everything else I can pretty much think of and I am at my wits end. I was thinking maybe I could try a Keratin product, but they are so expensive and I thought they were for people with more coarse hair.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
babybear04
Answered

Have you tried Moroccan oil or argan oil?  I use it and don't go one wash without it.  A pea-sized amount is all you need, and it doesn't weigh down your hair or make it oily.

champagneblonde
I tried it and it's wonderful! My hair was like straw from the salt-water and heat and I had it all cut off (really, really, short).
I looked in the mirror and nearly cried. My daughter suggested light moraoccan argan oil and my hair was transformed.
My hair looks perky, soft and shiny. Love it!
jojobe
(0) Hearts
Yes I have tried straight and it was too heavy so I tried Organix light and it works pretty good too I don't like the rest of their shampoos/ conditioners though because they all have alcohol in them which dries out hair more. Why they continue to put this in our products, I will never know.
babybear04
Hmm okay, well maybe your hair is super damaged which is causing the frizz? Perhaps you can do some sort of hydrating/repairing mask? Also, find a shampoo/condition that is sulfate free so it won't strip your hair of natural oils!
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • dianabt
    • kssweetheart
    • babybear04
    • champagneblonde