Answer
jojobe
frizz at crown when I blow dry...HELP

I need some help..

I have fine naturally wavy hair, that I usually let airdry and the frizz stays to the bottom which is easily managed for me, however, I do like to try to blow dry it somedays, but when I do it goes FRIZZ CRAZY at the crown and my hair looks AWFUL I then have to use a thermal spray and straightner and even then it's only manageable. I have tried all the anti frizz products from Living proof, which made my hair feel like straw ( literally) Ouidad....too heavy and the smell was horrible, Fekki which I won't even justify wit what that did, Phyto ....Alterna Bamboo gave me okay results till I blow dried, Wen, great again till I blow dried, but I really like how much thicker this makes my hair shaft, so It has to stay. I have tried blow out creams, oils and everything else I can pretty much think of and I am at my wits end. I was thinking maybe I could try a Keratin product, but they are so expensive and I thought they were for people with more coarse hair.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
kssweetheart
Answered

Hi there jojobe - I have similar problems and what I often use is a hot curling brush I've had for years, don't know what I'll do if it ever.....leaves me in the lurch. When my hair was a little shorter and all feathered I'd just kind of 'roll' it through my hair, it kind of smoothed out any frizz left, my hair was gorgeous then. My hair is thinner than it used to be and much longer. I started using it again, now I usually wash my hair at night (sometimes I'll twist it in a bun for the night) and then make curls with the curling brush, I very slowly and fairly lightly run the hot brush over the top and that often helps,

I just started with one of the Alterna Bamboo Collection and am fairly satisfied with the 'de-frizz' product (can't think of the name) I've only used it a couple of times though. You also might want to try Ouidad's products, they're pretty amazing.

The real key is to put your de-frizz product of choice on IMMEDIATELY after you finish showering, before you even get out of the shower. I always wet my hair again with the coldest water I can stand  - then shower off and product on! Put it on while your hair is soaking wet and nake sure you work it through your hair like crazy. This makes a huge difference.

I hope this helps you, those fizzy-fuzzy-frizzes can drive you nuts! Let me know if this helps at all. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • dianabt
    • kssweetheart
    • babybear04
    • champagneblonde