tina16

dry frizzy brittle wavy hair

any solutions.

i need moisture products. that can help my hair.

plz suggest some leave in conditioner that is mosturizing.

mosturaizing shampoo and condioner.

LKuhle

Re: dry frizzy brittle wavy hair

(0) Hearts

I have dry hair that is very prone to split ends so a deep conditioning hair mask is necessary for me at least once a week. I loooove the Carol's Daughter Monoi Reparing Hair Mask that laurabt recommended. I think that would be very helpful for you. I still haven't found my HG leave-in conditioner, but I am a fan of It's a 10 and Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle... I think the latter is an exclusive Birchbox product though.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Tina16, I recommend using a hair mask 1-2 times per week.  My favorites are:

Phyto Phytokarite Ultra Nourishing Mask - Ultra Dry Hair

Phyto Phytokarite Ultra Nourishing Mask - Ultra Dry Hair.jpg

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask.jpg

Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment

Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

HMNewbie

Unfortunately, my solution is pricey, but boy, does it work!  My hair recently started breaking for no reason (?).  Maybe there is a reason, but I don't know what it is.  I needed something intense and I found it.  Alterna Caviar Overnight Hair Rescue.  You leave it in overnight (just like the name says) and wash it out in the morning.  Wow, what a difference.  I also use the Repair RX Shampoo/Conditioner, then use Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant before drying.  The instructions say just to use the Overnight a couple of times per week, but because my hair was breaking so much, I've been using it every night for about 3 nights now.  Almost no hair breakage after about Day 2.

Good luck.

Spyski

[ Edited ]

I pretty much have the same hair type and boy was it a process in finding the right products to use. There are some great recommendations on a recent thread involving dry brittle hair. Just search the terms WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY SAD DRY BLONDE HAIR in the Ask a question bar at the top of BT. It won't let me post the link to the thread on here :smileysad:

I personally use It's a 10 leave in treatment. It works without breaking the bank too much and a little goes a long way! 

If you want to define your waves, add a texturizer after your treatment like a sea salt spray. Bumble & Bumble makes a nice one. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tina16
    • HMNewbie
    • Spyski
    • LKuhle
    • laurabt
Photos3
  • Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask.jpg
  • Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment.jpg