Answer
jnos
Accepted Solution
dandruff/dry scalp in one area

Hi I'm having this issue where in one area on my head-starting just above my temple and going basically in a line towards the back of my head- my scalp is dry. I don't think it's dandruff, it almost looks scabby or scaley, but it doesn't flake (until i pick at it...bad, i know!! but I want it gone!!). It is the same color as the rest of my scalp, it's not itchy...and when it does flake the flakes are huge!! not just little specks! I don't know what it is!! I tried putting vitamin e oil on it for a while before my shower, didn't help. I always make sure i wash the conditioner off my scalp...especially there now so I don't think it's build up either...any suggestions on what it is and how I can get it to go away? 

thank you so much  <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
gsxrbabe
Answered
Sounds like some form of psoriasis or eczema of the scalp. You may need to see a doctor because if it is a form of the above you might need a prescription cream or oral medication. Or it could be that you're allergic or sensitive to the shampoo or conditioner you use (or even styling product). I know my scalp gets really flakey if I wash my hair too often because I have very sensitive skin in general (face and body) and if I wash it only once a week I never have any flakes. If it's along where you part your hair it could be sunburn too. So many things could cause it it's best a doctor takes a look. Hope you find a cure, xx
Posted from Facebook
Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • gsxrbabe
    • smartmint
    • sofiagreeneyes
    • jnos
    • ceeceeee
    • dg1977