Accepted Solution
dandruff/dry scalp in one area

Hi I'm having this issue where in one area on my head-starting just above my temple and going basically in a line towards the back of my head- my scalp is dry. I don't think it's dandruff, it almost looks scabby or scaley, but it doesn't flake (until i pick at it...bad, i know!! but I want it gone!!). It is the same color as the rest of my scalp, it's not itchy...and when it does flake the flakes are huge!! not just little specks! I don't know what it is!! I tried putting vitamin e oil on it for a while before my shower, didn't help. I always make sure i wash the conditioner off my scalp...especially there now so I don't think it's build up either...any suggestions on what it is and how I can get it to go away? 

thank you so much  <3

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered
Sounds like some form of psoriasis or eczema of the scalp. You may need to see a doctor because if it is a form of the above you might need a prescription cream or oral medication. Or it could be that you're allergic or sensitive to the shampoo or conditioner you use (or even styling product). I know my scalp gets really flakey if I wash my hair too often because I have very sensitive skin in general (face and body) and if I wash it only once a week I never have any flakes. If it's along where you part your hair it could be sunburn too. So many things could cause it it's best a doctor takes a look. Hope you find a cure, xx
Posted from Facebook
Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation