curl hair help
(0) Hearts

Hey ladies,

So i need your help on curling my hair. My post will be long but it`s just to give you enough info so i can answer any questions you have.

My hair is medium thick, medium length. When I wash it and leave it or sleep on it, I wake up with big crazy curls that are frizzy and not put together. If I blow dry my hair and just run a hair brush through it here and there, it gets straight with a wave. I am not sure what my hair type is then to be honest.

So I always straighten my hair because I know how to. I sometimes use a straightener to add flips to the ends.

Here is what I have tried with curling my hair and maybe you can help me..

-curling iron-  I can not for the life of me use it and I give up. period.

-I have put mousse in my hair before when it was drenched wet and I put a ton in. My hair fell flat and was greasy.

-I french braid my hair and sleep on it. I get really cute waves but my hair is so frizzy and I don't know how to fix that.

-today for the first time in my life: I wrung out my wet hair so it was pretty wet but not dripping wet. I combed it and put a cherry tomato size of mousse. I scrunched my hair with it and put it up in a clip. A while later I took out the clip and I've had curls since.

It's 3 hours later and my hair is tiny crimps but it is slightly damp and looks wet and shiny. It also feels softSmiley Happy

My question is- How do I get curls in my hair without making it look hard, wet or crunchy feeling.  The kind of look I want is big loose curls that are dry once my hair dries.

I don't mind shelling out money for results but I do not want to buy products that in the end don't end up working on me. Do any places have return policies if I am not satisfied?

I was thinking of going to the lady that does my hair, asking her to wash my hair and then do it for me and show me.

I am planning on investing in a diffuser-will this give me results?

The fact that my hair held it`s curl for a few hours means it is all possible right? Sorry for all these questions but I am a curl virgin. seriously- I got a perm in highschool just because I didn't know how to curl my hair and even then I didn't put the products in properly and it was a waste of money and time.

I own one mousse and that's it for hair products other than heat protectant and a straightener.

i am showing you a picture of what my hair looks like now with the mousse thing I tried tonight, and a picture of the style I want eventually - loose , wavy big curls and soft and dry looking ( beyonce pic)Beyonce-Knowles-hairstyles.jpgBeyonce-Knowles-hairstyles.jpg

Answers: 0
Question Stats
  • 0 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
Photos2
  • Beyonce-Knowles-hairstyles.jpg
  • Beyonce-Knowles-hairstyles.jpg