amynadinexo

any suggestions on a deep conditioner or a leave in treatment for bleached hair??

[ Edited ]

i have bleached hair and my ends are very split and very dry! i need something that will bring them back to life. i already cut my dead ends off but they keep splitting. i could also use a lightening product. anyone have any recommendations? doesn't have to be from sephora. please help! ive gone through two bottles of http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=364992&productId=P6038 

swfupload_1607663654360155214.jpg

it helped but not as much as i hoped. i've also been using wen http://www.sephora.com/sweet-almond-mint-cleansing-conditioner-P374588?skuId=1444934

swfupload_7344325108202698468.jpg

like 3 times a week for a deep conditioner but its not doing much, and some times my hair feels gummy after i rinse it...maybe im leaving it in too long ?

amynadinexo

Re: any suggestions on a deep conditioner or a leave in treatment for bleached hair??

thanks so much to everyone who helped! <3 you were all very informative! :smileyhappy:

clarks18

Re: any suggestions on a deep conditioner or a leave in treatment for bleached hair??

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Just my two cents.  My hair is heavily highlighted and can be extremely dry from weather, styling, and all that jazz.  I used to use Pureology Nano conditioner.  However L'oreal bought them and they have since changed their formula and it's not what it used to be at all.  I have since switched to Kevin Murphy products.  They are usually sold only in salons but you can find the stuff on Amazon or Ebay.

This is their deep conditioner treatment.  It's fantastic and your hair will feel incredible after you use it.  They also have a great purple shampoo and conditioner.  They are seriously purple!  It looks like you are putting bright purple lotion in your hair!  All of those products smell amazing and are worth the price.

melissabt

Hi Amynadinexo-

I've had my hair bleach so many times! It such a harsh process and you always have to make sure that you are using a toning type shampoo like what was previously suggested! It tones down yellow and brassiness, I like to leave it in an extra few minutes so it soaks in.

Sachajuan Silver Shampoo and Conditioner

silver.jpgsilver conditioner.jpg

I also like to leave in the conditioner and put a shower cap over it for a few additional minutes.

I also suggest the following masks!

deeeep.jpg

uv mask.jpg

<3 Melissa
laurabt

Hi Amynadinexo, I would take a look at the Alterna Caviar Repair RX Instant Recovery line.  It is formulated to repair severely damaged hair and is intensely nourishing and hydrating.

Alterna Caviar Repair RX Instant Recovery Conditioner.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/caviar-repair-rx-instant-recovery-conditioner-P377404?skuId=1483676

Also, the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask claims to undo and prevent damage by up to 96%.

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/monoi-repairing-hair-mask-P286902?skuId=1341635

:smileyhappy: -Laura

lylysa

Another user had some inquiries about help for split ends here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hair/Unhealthy-hair-and-split-ends/m-p/458839/highlight/true#M1022

I covered how over the counter split end treatments work from drug store brands to higher end/salon lines as well as give some breakdowns for deep conditioners that should help your ends without having to chop all your hair off and keep what you have manageable inbetween trims.

The Phytomist might be a bit too light weight as most sprays tend to absorb rather quickly and for extremely treated hair such as yours, you might need something more intensive like an oil, serum, or cream formula.

The Wen Cleansing Conditioner is better formulated to be a gentle cleanser as most "cleansing conditioners" on the market are formulas that break down to 3 parts conditioner to 1 part shampoo/cleanser, and since it's lighter weight, it might not do the trick in terms of being repairative enough for your hair.

As for lightening and keeping your bleached locks from looking sallow, Spyski's suggestion of a purple/silver shampoo is right on point. Purple/silver shampoos have a violet coloring/tone to them to balance out yellow or brassy tones in bleached hair or blonde locks. Schwarzkopf, Joico, John Freida, Shimmer Lights, KMS, Paul Mitchell, AG, and Matrix all make purple/silver shampoos.

Spyski

I used to bleach my hair and found that a purple shampoo like shimmer lights is very helpful with keeping blonde locks from fading into a brassy color. For split ends, I haven't tried redken's anti-snap but from reviews it looks like a winner! Although, I have tried neutrogena triple moisture hair mask as my deep conditioner. Makes my hair silky smooth even smoothing out fried ends, but its only temporary. A permanent fix would be getting your hair trimmed, since split ends will only get worse with due time. Even if you're growing it out it's good to get a trim every couple of months to keep it healthy.

amynadinexo

(0) Hearts

@kd006 thanks, people have said redken is good, too bad my local drug store is always out of stock! they say it flies off the shelves fast so it must be good.

lylysa

If you're by an Ulta, I know they carry Redken too, and they often have sales like buy 2, get 1 free or buy 2, get 2 free items from the line.

kd006

(0) Hearts

Oh dang! That stinks because I love the extreme anti snap. Maybe you could try amazon.. I know online is risky because sometimes they do dilute their products... Wish i could help more! Too bad sephora doesn't carry it *hint* *hint* :smileytongue:

kd006

I can't really comment on the bleached part since i've never bleaches my hair, but for the split ends, you should try the redken extreme antisnap. It works wonders on my split ends!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • clarks18
    • amynadinexo
    • Spyski
    • kd006