prettyclever

any recommendations for styling products for curly hair?

(0) Hearts

it's naturally curly

elisabeth318

Re: any recommendations for styling products for curly hair?

(0) Hearts

I have the same hair .... I use aussie deep conditioner it makes it very soft and i dont have the frizziness i use to have also i use a chi straightner i love it !! used it for going on 7 years now but mkae sure to ues heat protectant i found with curly hair its important to keep the damage to a minimum because damage causes frizz.... so always use heat protectant and try to wash it every other day!  GOOD Luck

cep361

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Use Morrocanoil hydrating curl cream with moroccanoil treatment. Take about a dollop amount on towel dried hair of the curl creme and a dime sized amount of the morrocanoil treatment and mix with your hands before distributing onto the hair. Do this once a day after towel drying hair, and your curls will be hydrated and soft all day. You can also use a diffuser with these products to achieve good results the company says.

kallster

(0) Hearts

I have crazy curly hair and i have tried every thing humanly imaginable to style it and i found the most amazing thing int he world about a year ago. its the paul mitchel clean sculpting gel. it holds my curls all day and keeps the frizz COMPLETELY under control without making it the least bit crunchy or stiff. it still moves and has bounce to it which i love.  and its only ten dollars. win. 

HelloGorgeous

(0) Hearts

I love frederic fekkais glossing cream. it smells so good and has encapsulated olive oil to keep your hair from getting frizzy. it also makes your hair silky.  its good for blowing your hair out or letting your curls air dry

xfearlessbbyy

(0) Hearts

As a hairstylist I work with hair everyday, I work with Regis Brands and Goldwell Brands. For curly hair, I recommend Curl Lock Leave In. It's like a leave in conditioner, but it doesn't make the hair heavy or weighs it down. It hold your natural curl/wave in the hair and it's very easy to style with also. I use it for a lot of my clients with waves/curls, it holds firmly and gives a scrunch look to the hair. Regis also carries a Frizz Free Serum. A lot of my clients like it also, because it takes away the frizz, gives it a smooth shine. Goldwell carries a line specifically for curly hair, one of their product I really like from the curl line is the Curl Gel. It comes out like a soft mousse/gel-like form, I rub it in between my palms and basically scrunch my clients hair when it's dry-damp. Then I go in with my blow dryer with a diffuser on, drying the hair. The hair looks wet, and sleak yet it's very frim and non-frizzy. I hope my suggestions helped. 

digophelia

(0) Hearts

Oh and I forgot to say to be more specific. The product is Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-humidity smoothing milk! :smileyhappy:

digophelia

(0) Hearts

Unfortunately I can't say anything about the products at Sephora but I do know for my crazy curls, Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine (drugstores) has worked wonderfully for my hair!

All I do is let my hair air dry a tad bit after I wash it, then squeeze some into my palm, rub my hands together, then smooth it through my hair. I then sleep on it down (since I usually wash my hair at night) or use a diffuser or my open car window while driving to dry out the rest (I like the messy look). It's simple, easy, cheap, and doesn't way my hair down or make it "crunchy" at all!

It's also good for the day or so after to control the little frizzies since I can wait a day or two before I need to wash my hair again.

Hope that helps!

sephorakels

(0) Hearts

I too have naturally curly hair! I find that almost any Aussie or Redkin products work the best. Especially for holding down curls or making your hair shine. I also recommend bedhead because they have products for almost any use!

greeneyedgirl107

(0) Hearts

A good hair mask to hydrate your hair.  I like Neutrogena's Triple Moisture of Phytojoba.

evoulie

(0) Hearts

I to have very curly hair and have tried everything in and out of sephora....and believe it or not I find just plain gel or mouse works the best I find styling cream doesn't give enough hold. Rene Furterer makes a great styling gel that I recently purchased it works well on wet or dry hair....and Phytocurl is pretty good to.

A lot is trial and error you have to keep trying until you find what works best

Good Luck!

rigel

(0) Hearts

how long is your hair and what is its texture and how well does it dry when you dry your hair does it hold too much water? because i have found success with paste and creams for stying, but they do different things for different looks, a pomade when used correctly can be awesome on fine curly hair that is long in an updo and your just taming the ends and just a touch here there, just enough t o grease afew fingers not more than a film, but with short hair, with enough layers its really cool. so what are you using creams for frizz control? you see the pomade is oily but thick, like lard(warning do not put lard in your hair), so you may have more control with it depending how you use it, or how often you practiced it, then the liquid frizz controlers still start of little work in more if needed know when to stop. and i like that advice from the woman who tried everthing out there ever range of price and fell in love with a ten dollar product, sounds like she understands.

nanette08

If you haven't already tried Living Proof Wave Making Styling Cream, then you're definitely missing out! It is perfect for frizz and poufyness! I have very thick wavy/curly hair, and normally sprays for frizzy hair do not work since they are too lightweight. Even though this product is a cream, it never weighs my hair down & has a really nice smell! After showering, I apply a leave in conditioner (Phyto has some great ones with natural ingredients that won't dry out hair) and comb my hair through. Next, I apply the styling cream, and my waves look GREAT!

evoulie

Hi there....again! Just to update you, I recently was browsing the drug store and came across a well know product called Frizz Ease the original frizz serum, I purchased the extra strength one and did what the instructions said....shampoo condition and apply Frizz Ease to soaking wet hair....and to my surprise it is the BEST! and at about $10 it is the cheapest product I have used....trust me I've spent $100 on shampoo and $80 on a single styling product and $95 on a leave in conditioner (Fekkai) and none hold a candle to this product!

I'm glad a can pass this on to my curly haired sister!

Good Luck!....and I hope it works for you as it does for me.

Evie.

rigel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

all those high end companies that own those brands will freak!! please evoulie repost your message once a week!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • prettyclever
    • nanette08
    • xfearlessbbyy
    • cep361
    • evoulie
    • rigel