H216

Wow Devacurl!

Wow! I just opened a sample of Devacurl styling gel and I gotta say I'm amazed. My normally frizzy curls are now defined, shiny and not crunchy! I have thick shoulder length hair and used a nickel sized amount following the application instructions. 

lovinglondon

Re: Wow Devacurl!

Has anyone tried the DevaGloves? They look kinda ridiculous but I'm tempted by the good reviews. 

upload_963006585464354976.jpg

ilovebears

I haven't tried these, but aren't they just microfiber gloves?  If you want to splurge, I'm sure they'll be wonderful... but if you want to save money, I would get a nice microfiber towel instead :smileyhappy:  (I love Mimi's Diva Dryer Hair Towel -- it's larger than the DevaTowel so I can wrap my hair up in it if I want! :smileyhappy:)

lovinglondon

(0) Hearts

I've been using a microfiber towel but I find that I still mess up my curl pattern as I try to dry my hair while adding product. I think it'd be easier to keep the integrity of my curls with something like this, however I'm not sure if it would be any better. Reviews seem to be generally positive.  

H216

In the video on their website they show a girl scrunching her curls. What a great idea to wear gloves to help dry while curling! I'm gonna try to control my purchase to just the towel in the 3step kit but as I'm getting so obsessed with this product, who knows? 

I look forward ward to hearing if anyone else tried these though. Good question,

sparklekai

i am a devacurl addict!  i will not use anything else in my hair!  i use the no poo, one conditioner and the gel.  i'm using the styling cream right now because i have samples but i'm not sure that i would buy it because i don't feel like it's a necessity or that i really need it.  i do have the mister right for refreshing and i'm not a huge fan.  i find the smell of that very overpowering!

H216

Omg! I am so obsessed now. I am ordering the 3step kit to see the no poo and conditioner. It also comes with the gel and a towel. I think that gel will last me forever based on my sample usage.

jozkid

So glad you guys were talking about this. I've been interested in DevaCurl, and was checking out their website and videos. I really liked what I saw and it looked like a pretty simple process. I think I might have to buy a trial size set now. Enabling complete!

H216

Yeah do it! I hope u like it :smileyhappy:

aleishamaxime

Do it! I got a 1oz sample of the styling cream from Sephora and it enabled me to get one of the trial kits. I've found nothing else that makes my curls look so good.

The No Poo and One condition are HG status

jozkid

(0) Hearts

Ohhhhhh, so tempted..... It will probably happen a little further into the summer when the humidity hits, if you know what I mean! :smileyhappy:

IAmLadyLiterary

I also love the products.  I have wavy hair but I use the cream and gel when I want more defined waves.  Also when I put my hair in a sock bun I use the gel to smooth down frizz and fly aways.  I love that it has a gentle hold, and it doesn't become hard and crusty or flake.  

H216

(0) Hearts

So far, it is the only curl product I've tried that's worked for me. I also love that it doesn't get crusty 

Loretta55

You may want to go to the Deva Curl website to look for a Deva Curl stylist close to you. That person will give you a Deva cut where your hair is cut dry so that person could see your curl pattern. Based on that, you could get personal recommendations which products and application would work best for you.

H216

(0) Hearts

Just went to their site & watched the video. I'm enabled for more products now and ordering the 3step kit.

H216

(0) Hearts

I will do that. it never occurred to me before!

lovinglondon

I went crazy with the samples so I have a lot to go through. So far I'm not crazy about the gel but I'm really loving the cream. 

I also just started using the no-poo shampoo and one condition conditioner and I'm absolutely loving them. 

H216

(0) Hearts

So far I've only tried the gel, but I do have a sample of the cream so I will open that once I'm halfway done with this packet. I really should funds some container to squeeze the gel into for longevity and sanitary reasons.

im thinking to try the no-poo shampoo and there's a triple point hair product sale right now at a certain store. I think I'll have to get it :smileywink:

question though, since the shampoo doesn't 'sud' up, do you need the conditioner? 

marydiva

Love it too! (:

hadtotryit

Hmmm! I haven't tried any of my gel samples but seeing your post - I will do so today! I forgot I had them!

H216

I hope you end up liking it! I was actually quite surprised as u've tried so many products in the past and they did nothing for my curls, I gave up and do a blowout (smooth wavy) but this will be a great time saver and easier on my hair.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • mberteig
    • marydiva
    • aleishamaxime
    • ilovebears
    • SydBristow