tinaaz

Would red hair look good with these colors?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Okay, so I have really long, straight-ish hair that is naturally a dark golden blonde. However, I've been thinking recently of dying it a coppery red color, like in the picture. 

Capture.JPG

Anyway, my question is whether this color of hair would look good with blue and purple clothing. My wardrobe contains a LOT of blue, turquoise, and purple clothing, and since these are my favorite colors I would hate to stop wearing them just because I had red hair. Here are some examples of clothing colors I have . .  

d.JPGdd.JPGddd.JPG

So would these look fine with this hair color?!?!? Thanks so much :smileyhappy:

AMWord

Re: Would red hair look good with these colors?

(0) Hearts

That's mostly all the colors I wear!! :-P

Candy357

(0) Hearts

I love red heads in white mostly, but yes the blues and light greens would look good.

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes, they are totally great with that hair color. :smileywink: Royal blue and green are great, too.

cheeky76

(0) Hearts

red, green, black, royal purple

BiggeSmalls

(0) Hearts

I dont see why not :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

That's the color of my hair- and I wear all of those colors!

Have fun, there are no rules.  If you like it, go for it!

neko333

Hi, I'm a natural copper red head so I'll tell you what works. Purple, plums, blue, and green all go great with this color. I find myself gravitating towards blue teals most of the time but just about any blue works. The darker jewel shades of these colors are good in general. However there are other things to keep in mind like skin tone. I apparently look great in red and burgundy. I get complimented almost every time I wear them. However my Mom won't touch them. My skin is more neutral while hers is more yellow. Speaking of yellow that is the color that most people don't like me in.  

Be careful when you do your makeup as well. It's really easy to look crazy when you have so much color, on your head, eyes, and lips. I go for berry or brown lip glosses most of the time. I often find lipstick overwhelming for most looks. Eye-shadow wise I use lots of nudes and peachy colors. If you want darker colors go for purples and plums. I avoid really bright eye-shadows like the plague. It's pretty much a good rule of thumb that if it doesn't look "earthy" it should be avoided. 

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Tinaaz I've had my hair that shade (love it!)  and you definitely can wear those colors.  Green looks fantastic with it as well, so if you have any wear it and if not get some :smileyhappy:

tinaaz

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Yeah, green is my favorite color so I have lots of green clothing :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Jewel tones like the ones pictured would look great with red hair! Take a page out of Christina Hendricks' fashion book and look how lovely she pairs her coppery red locks with rich shades like emerald, violet, and aquamarine:

swfupload_4816590370877636447.jpg

swfupload_814956079935053810.jpg

swfupload_5264728092869214922.jpg

Skin tone can play a big part, so be sure you're finding a red shade that will suit your complexion and your fashion choices!

tinaaz

Thanks for your answer and pictures! Christina Hendricks is definitely one of my fashion muses :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • cheeky76
    • lylysa
    • neko333
    • MermaidBarbie
    • starletta8