manniejo

Which Bumble and Bumble curl creme works best? And can I get samples anywhere?

(0) Hearts

I'm always on the lookout for something to help with my naturally curly hair.  Ouidad works OK.  Catwalk Curls Rock (step 5) actually works the best, but they have changed the fragrance over the years and it's way too perfumey for me now.

Which Bumble and Bumble curl creme works best for thick, combination curls (some tight curls around the face, looser towards the back of my hair)?  And are there any samples?  I hate spending $30 on a creme that might not work.

jessyiniowa

Re: Which Bumble and Bumble curl creme works best? And can I get samples anywhere?

(0) Hearts

Love love love the DevaCurl styling cream!

girlystuff63

Re: Which Bumble and Bumble curl creme works best? And can I get samples anywhere?

(0) Hearts

I just got a sample of Devacurl styling cream and WOW. It made my curls more curly and bouncy than any other product I've tried. I immediately ordered the bottle. I agree with the others, you need to try a sample before buying. I've learned the hard and expensive way over the years that what works for a million people won't necessarily work for me. Maybellene great lash in the pink tube wins every award every year as the HG mascara and it never did it for me. I read everyone's opinion on here because you ladies I trust  ( I  never listen to the beauty awards because honestly, how do they decide the winners?  ) and then when I want to try a product I always try to sample first and not just at the store but for a few days to check for adverse reactions etc. I hate returning things. Good luck

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've used the B&B curl conscious cream and Ouidad heat & humid gel. Both work for me. Have you tried the rake/shake Ouidad technique? If not, it can be found on their website and with a video.

I've found after putting B&B in scrunching the hair helps the curls. With Ouidad I use their technique loosely. Try braiding, pinning up parts, twisting, etc the hair to form different types of curls.

Try contacting the company directly, the may have samples to send. B&B is also sold at salons, they may have samples, or a exchange/return policy.

Also I've found a microfiber towel helps to get out a lot of the water in the hair, after washing, and reduces frizz. I have very thick, naturally curly hair.

Corrina777

(0) Hearts

Depending on sample sizes, you might be better off buying the full size and returning it if it doesnt work. I know those tiny plastic containers would only hold enough product for about 1/4 of my hair. I tried the B&B Curl Defining cream and personally wasn't wowed by it. My current favorites are Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly (available through Spiral Solutions Etsy site and Curlmart) and Deva B'Leave-In (under Ultra Defining Gel). My next purchase will likely be flax seed gel and/or okra gel- I keep hearing really good reviews for both. 

kalex

(0) Hearts

If you live near a Sephora you can stop in and ask them to make you samples.  

Regardless of whether you order online or buy in-store you can always return it to Sephora if it doesn't work for you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kalex
    • manniejo
    • jessyiniowa
    • Corrina777
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • girlystuff63