kj9817

What products will enhance my natural waves/curls, fight frizz, revitalize the next day

[ Edited ]

I have long hair, naturally wavy and with loose curls. I've tried every product and nothing keeps the curls and fights frizz My routine is to towel dry my hair after washing, and put some product in and let it air dry. Recently I've been using Redkin Curvaceous full swirl serum/cream. I've also been using moraccon oil to fight frizz - which isn't really helping. My hari tends to be a bit dry. So i'm looking for a product, or combination of products, that will help me get and keep those great curls.

I'm also looking for a product that I can use the next day to revatilize my curls, boost them, reawaken - however you want to phrase it. If there is a different product that I could use or the same as above. I need some help Sephora. I've tried every brand and nothing seems to really work, can you help?!

krunce

Re: What products will enhance my natural waves/curls, fight frizz, revitalize the next day

(0) Hearts

Hi kj9817!,

Your first problem is towel drying. Towel drying creates frizz. You're literally lifting a bunch of frizz off of your wet hair by selecting drying, and teasing, parts of it with an abrasive towel. No more towel drying!

The key to bouncier, curly hair is scrunching. If you're impatient, I'd scrunch for a good long while, and then use a diffuser, 'scrunching' with the diffuser and with your hands while you're diffusing.

For products, you'll want to check out the Ouidad stuff. It really is the best on the market for curls. I also just started using a Miss Jessie's product called Pillow Soft Curls that I've fallen in love with, and it's really good for moisture. I'm mixed race and it's enough for me!

For revitalizing curls, they have a fantastic lavender spray. Spray that, and apply a bit of oil or a light, creamy product, and scrunch-scrunch-scrunch.

kittytastic

Re: What products will enhance my natural waves/curls, fight frizz, revitalize the next day

(0) Hearts

It sounds like we have similar hair types. My problems were answered by Phyto products. My curly waves are enhanced and my frizz is gone. I cannot wash my hair daily due to the amount of time it takes for my hair to air dry, so it came as a much needed plus that my hair is actually softer and even more relaxed on days two and three!

My hair routine:
Clean my scalp with Phytheol Intense Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.
Wash my hair with Phytokératine Repairing Shampoo.
Condition with Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask... I use this every time I wash my hair. I apply from tip to root heavily and leave on for ten minutes. This is mask is the most important part on my hair routine.
Next I apply a small amount of Phyto 9 Daily Ultra Nourishing Botanical Cream for Ultra Dry Hair and then I let my hair air dry completely. I do nothing to style my hair. After it air dries, my curls just fall into place and it looks like I spent hours with a curling iron and tons of styling products.

I live in Florida, so I deal with humidity on a daily basis along with having dry, frizzy, wavy, long, coarse hair and these products really work for me.

Good luck to you and your hair!image.jpg

lmevans

(0) Hearts

I use Bb.'s Sea Spray, Thickening Hairspray, and texture cream along with my diffuser to create effortless, pretty waves. I have a lot of natural curl, but also a lot of frizz. These products help control it!

A word of warning, however - salt sprays have a tendency to be very drying to the hair. Since curly hair is prone to dryness by nature, I'd definitely reccomend using a leave-in spray daily like It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Spray plus Keratin. It works wonders!

Good luck!

kalex

[ Edited ]

RE: Ocean Spray

(Sorry - I can't "reply to".  I get an error message.)

My favorite is Charlotte Ronson's A Perfect Mess.

http://www.sephora.com/a-perfect-mess-beach-hair-P293103?skuId=1333764

Now I'm really worried because it's on sale!  I better stock up with the 15% off later this week!

I've also tried Sachajuan's Ocean Mist and it was good (very heavily scented though).

DaisieWilde

(0) Hearts

I was JUST looking at the Charlotte Ronson spray several days ago (pre-sale)...so I might jump on it this week.

I hope the sale price doesn't mean it will soon disappear from Sephora!!!!

Dolan

(0) Hearts

If you have thick enough hair, I'd suggest Wen. I have thin hair and just use it as a leave-in conditioner, and it's done wonders for my hair. You can tell a difference after the first use, too.

kalex

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If your hair is on the dry side I suggest using a coconut oil mask once a week (or more if needed).  Pretty much any brand from the health food store will do.  Just liquify it in your hands, saturate your hair, clip it up, and let it soak for 20 mins before shampooing out.

I have naturally wavy, frizz prone hair and I love how my hair looks and feels after I do this.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mousse, gel, or whatever so I'm sorry I can't help you with that!  I do the same thing you do though - apply and let air dry.  I used to really like one from Herbal Essences and I can't remember why I stopped using it.  Always on the search for something better I guess!

On next day I hair I love using beach spray to reactivate my wave.  It also helps to calm those little frizzies I get along my hair line.  I have found that the less touching I do the less frizzy my hair is.  I gently finger comb, mist the spray all over and scrunch once or twice.  For the hairline I mist and either use my fingers or a clean mascara wand to brush them down.

kj9817

I'd love to know what beach spray you use. I've keeping seeing them. I think Moroccan Oil has one. 

DaisieWilde

Which beach spray do you use?  I just discovered sea/beach spray last year and I'm looking to try more. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kj9817
    • lmevans
    • Dolan
    • krunce
    • DaisieWilde