MaritzaNicole

What is your favorite Dry Shampoo??

Hello lovelies,

I am in search of a new dry shampoo...what are your favorites?

littlejoy

Re: What is your favorite Dry Shampoo??

(0) Hearts

I've tried quite a few dry shampoosa and the only one that I will consistently repurchase is Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo.

It is super cheap ($5.99) and fairly large (7 oz). It lasts a very long time. I have extremely dark brown hair and so pretty much all dry shampoos will leave a white residue. However, the residue from this dry shampoo is very minor. Brush your hair well and you'll be fine. I'm also very sensitive to fragrances and this one is minimal and it goes away quickly.

I typically spray it in my hair and let it sit there for a while, brush it out, and if I need another round, I'll repeat.

Overall, I highly recommend it.swfupload_4608570409125440064.jpg

candyeyed

(0) Hearts

TIGIs rockaholic dry shampoo!!! it works sooo good!!! i tried other brands from the drug store but they seemed to create a film and almost make my hair feel dirtier blech! Rockaholic smells sooo good! like sweet oranges and leaves my hair bouncy and fresh!swfupload_6199922154695061457.jpg

ContentlyKayKay

(0) Hearts

I love Kenra 's dry shampoo. I have black thick hair and I spray it in quick short sprays all over and then work it a bit into my scalp to get any excess oil. You'll see a bit of the whiteness from the spray at first but when you work it into your hair it disappears, so no worries :smileywink: I like the smell and I always use it on my 2nd hair days. I've also used the Rockaholic and Redkin, those are pretty great as well. Wasn't a fan of the Big Sexy Hair's version it just didn't do the job, but maybe it's just me. Batiste worked for me but I couldn't get over the smell... some like it some don't, it's cheap enough to give it a shot though!!

Have a good day!

Manda

(0) Hearts

My sister tried the one from Tigi (It was Rockaholic or something like that), she loves it.  As for the store brands, such as Suave and stuff, please be aware that they won't be as effective as salon products, which tend to be a bit more concentrated meaning you will be using less.

partyskoolpretty

I agree with the user who suggested the Suave...it's so cheap and I like it better than Treseme. I just tried Victoria's Secret which was a waste of money because the spray can went defective after one use. I would rather be out $2 than $12. Sephora used to sell Klorane which was the first dry shampoo I was into. You can still buy it on Amazon, but it is expensive also.

elnxio

johnson & johnson baby powder

MaritzaNicole

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of using that for your hair...wouldn't it get all mushy and white?

elnxio

(0) Hearts

I have black hair and it doesnt get all white or musy. Although if you use too much, im sure it could turn a bit dusty. I either sprinkle some on my roots and brush or put some on my hands and brush my fingers through my hair. It can get a bit messy at times, but its a cheaper fix! 

FayeCouturexo

Batiste is really great! :smileyvery-happy:

MaritzaNicole

(0) Hearts

Second person who has suggested this, must be a great product thanks :smileyhappy:

kenny

I like Batisse and Cake dry shampoo.

They both make my hair smell great, and absorb the excess oil.

My favorite is the Cake spray shampoo, it also gives my hair more volume!

MaritzaNicole

(0) Hearts

That's exactly what I need :smileyhappy: Thanks!!

kenny

(0) Hearts

Oops that's Batiste not Batisse

helpful

It sounds crazy but I use Suave- I think its called Professional Effects or something similar- it comes in a gold can. I've used several high end brands previously and prefer this. I would at least start with this since it's only $2- if you don't like it then you aren't out much and if you do like it, great! :smileyhappy:

MaritzaNicole

(0) Hearts

Thanks...So excited to see if it works for me :smileyhappy:

cutey7

I love the Tresemme dry shampoo. I buy it at CVS and its very affordable. I apply it at night time and wear a handkerchief over my hair so that when i'm rolling around on my pillow I dont disturb it and cause tangles or more dirt and oil to accumulate. I tried the Oscar Blandi a long time ago and I didn't like it, I thought it was too white and I have black hair, there was very little in the bottle I think I used it 2 or 3 times, I may have grabbed a bottle that people were using at the store.

MaritzaNicole

(0) Hearts

I tried Trsemme, Dove and Nexxus...I tried to save myself a bit of cah, but I didn't like any of them. I felt like it left a film behind. I think those products are for people with normal hair and oil...I can wash my hair and literally a few hour later it starts to look oily.

Thanks for the overnight setting info...I will def. try that out...very smart :smileyhappy:

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi MaritzaNicole, 

I like the Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Dry Shampoo, it's super lightweight and has little to no residue in my hair :smileyhappy:

ALTERNA - Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo

http://bit.ly/UVwIkw

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
MaritzaNicole

(0) Hearts

Thank you...I have so many to try :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I'm a fan of Oscar Blandi's Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo. My hair is black, so I have to be careful over which ones I use as most leave a white cast or residue, or are better suited for lighter hair shades.

Oscar Blandi - Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • kenny
    • littlejoy
    • Manda
    • dianabt
    • lylysa