mcranley

What is the best shampoo and conditioner to use for blonde hair?

Hi,

Just wondering what brand you find to be the best to use for blonde highlighted hair?

melissabt

Re: What is the best shampoo and conditioner to use for blonde hair?

(0) Hearts

Hi Mcranley,

I have heavily highlighted blonde hair now and I swear by sulfate free shampoos and conditioners. It will prevent your hair from drying out and keep moisture in. Blonde hair that has been bleached can become really porous and dry.

Try the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Brightening Blonde Shampoo and conditioner. It leaves blonde hair brighter, less yellow and adds lots of shine. It also has UV filters to protect your hair from fading.

blonde shampoo.jpgblonde conditioner.jpg

I also suggest the leave in formula!

Caviar Anti-Aging Blonde Beauty Balm

balm.jpg

<3 Melissa
lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It depends on if you're looking for specific blonde shampoos which have silver/purple pigments to combat brassy undertones or ones that include shimmering pigments to amp up shine and keep blonde tones vibrant or a good color care system.

Alterna's Bamboo UV+Color line is amazing, as it not only helps preserve color, but has UV filters to protect hair from becoming dull, brassy, or color fading prematurely. Alterna's Caviar line also has blonde products to help with strengthening/repairing hair and preserving vibrancy.

Redken's BlondeGlam line is also a dedicated sector to revive blonde (be it natural or colored) and to keep hair shiny and healthy.

As for a silver/purple shampoo to ward of brassiness, these can be used as a supplemental product into regular hair regimens for blondes (use it maybe once or twice a week depending on how often you wash). AG, Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure, and Lush make silver/puple shampoos.

John FreIda is another line that has multiple options for blonde hair (I believe they also have a tonal correcting shampoo).

mcranley

Thanks!

lylysa

You're welcome! Happy hunting for the right products!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • mcranley
Photos3
  • blonde shampoo.jpg
  • blonde conditioner.jpg
  • balm.jpg