kamazing1

What is the best flat iron ever invented??

Im looking for a VERY GOOD flat iron to straighten my fine course hair. Suggestions anyone?

texas15

Re: What is the best flat iron ever invented??

(0) Hearts

OMG YES!! I LEAVE MY SOLIA ON ALL THE TIME!!!! MAYBE I SHOULD LOOK INTO THE GHD!!!

rigel

(0) Hearts

oh my!!! ha ha please do because i hate sad stories!!!! either that or write a note and put it in your purse on your wallet that says the date and time and that you turned it off!!! i hope all goes well my hairs went on end when i read that!!!! 

glyttergyrl82

(0) Hearts

I use the Jose Eber Wet or Dry Titanium Hair Straightener. I used to use a CHI but was told recently that Titanium is better for your hair than ceramic. Jose Eber has a line of ceramic and titanium but even the titanium appears to be titanium plated ceramic so go figure! haha All I know is that with super long, thick, course hair I hate having to blow dry my hair (plus I live in Hawaii so with the humidity here I try to avoid having to blow dry my hair because its just too hot) the wet/dry option saves time for me and works great and leaves my hair nice and soft. =-)

fawksyluna

(0) Hearts

Well this depends.

The flat-irons/straighteners/straightening irons (whatever you want to call it!)

are (pretty) high end brands.

FINE HAIR:

Sultra

MEDIUM TO NORMAL HAIR:

GHD

THICK HAIR:

CHI

please note: you may get a more heavy-duty ghd or sultra in place for chi, because ghd and sultra heat up at least a minute faster. you may not think 1 minute/60 seconds is a lot, but would you rather have 1 more minute or more to do whatever in the morning? yes, i think so. :smileyhappy:

xoxoxoxoxo

i heart you.

maggie kate.

xmychanelscalpel

(0) Hearts

GHD all the way, it will make any other straightener seem inferior.

nanette08

I personally LOVE the Sultra Seductress. The great thing about this tool, is that you can change the temp settings from fine to medium, or to thick hair. This way, you don't have too much unneccessary heat applied (since you mentioned you have fine hair) and I also heard from a Sephora rep that it automatically decreases the heat once you reach your ends, that way you don't damage your hair as much. One thing I did not like about the chi was that, at times it would seriously pull my hair as I was straightening, and I have never experienced this with the Sultra! It is a bit pricey, but def worth eveyr penny! My hair feels sooo soft and healthy afterwards!

sfbarbie

I love my CHI flatiron!! My sister, sister in law and I all have different hair types and we each have a CHI flatiron. It straightens without frying my hair and leaves it silky and smooth.

The important thing to remember is to use a thermal styling product to protect your hair.

raegana

OMg i have that too! It works amazing!!!!!!!!!! my hair is very poofy adn curly it takes under 10 minutes! no damage invovled my sister has one and my mom and best friend katie does too!

denmarklove

th ghd professional is the best thing ever invented. it litterally takes me 2-3 minutes to straighten my hair without any damage and i have very very thick and wavy hair and it makes it frizz free and soooo soft that no other straightner has ever done that. and the best part is it doesnt damage your hair... its a very good investment and its worth every penny trust me

rigel

(0) Hearts

what are the plates made of? are they ionized are they ceramic does that really matter or are those marketing ploys? i bought a herstyler at the mall, my sister scoffed it up when i quit beauty school cause she works and has two kids and hers broke, i never asked for it back cause i never learned to make the square curls like i wanted to when i bought it, and to tell you the truth, bieng a professional stylist isnt for me, but since i mention dropping out of beauty school, let it be known it mattered less who i got along with or if i was good at it, what i got out of it even though i quit was self confidence and a belief that i can do what i want no matter my handicaps, cause i was good at it, i just had too many bad days when i missed out on school due to ilness, so i am very interested cause we never learned at that school if the different materials an iron flat or not if they are crucial in quality, instead we had to learn that darlin of a machine the marcels and stove, which even when you do well at they make you feel like walkin on egg shells, and trust me i had nightmares that they left the stove on when we left school and would call and ask them to check when no one would be there til seven am. so alittle more info would be nice about the materials that make up these products, and if you cant help i am sure someone will, why this material what does it do, why not an old flat iron? what do they do?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • laurenh88
    • kamazing1
    • tenngal
    • nanette08
    • denmarklove
    • texas15