From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

What does sephora have for oily hair? I can't even go a day without washing it.

Re: What does sephora have for oily hair? I can't even go a day without washing it.

Hi @allison1808

If you are looking for a long term solution, the new Purifying shampoo with Jujube bark extract will definitely help rebalance your scalp. 

A good tip is to add a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo before washing your hair!

Let us know if you do give it a try!

Have a good hair day,

CR Team

http://www.sephora.com/purifying-shampoo-with-jujube-bark-extract-P412412?skuId=1801497&publisher_id...

Re: What does sephora have for oily hair? I can't even go a day without washing it.

Hi @allison1808,

I'd also like to recommend Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk. I recently used it for the first time a few weeks ago and I'm in love! It really soaks up all the oils in my hair and makes me feel like I washed it. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

I also have oily hair, but a combination of Phyto's oily hair shampoo and Earth's Nectar jojoba tea tree oil (both from Sephora) really helped me control oil. I can now get away with washing my hair every other day.

i was just coming here to recommend this very same Phyto shampoo!  I really love it, that coupled with a good dry shampoo (I'm really loving dry bar right now) have been working very well!  I'm a daily washer as well

Thank you for these recommendations! I struggle with oily hair as well and I can't live without washing my hair everyday. I've looked into the Jojoba Tea Tree Oil for dandruff and I was wondering, how often do you apply it @txcatx?

@myumew I use the oil once or twice a week. I massage it on my scalp at night and wash it out the next morning!

If you're like me, aka fine hair and oil-palooza even by the end of the night of the day you washed it, there might not be much to help.

I have tried every dry shampoo under the sun, tried the new L'oreal three step system for oily hair, etc., nothing has worked.  I have resorted to just styling my hair one day, and on the second day when it's oily, I just wear it up.  I don't like washing it daily because it's too much.

I personally have tried the Living Proof  dry shampoo that's being recommended, but even that didn't do much for me 😞 @allison1808

@allison1808  I second the Living Proof dry shampoo.  It also smells nice.  I like to spray my hair then run a blow dryer through it and it kind of gives my hair a little lift and style.

Living Proof dry shampoo - stuff is awesome.

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing